cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a good diesel pusher service

RNDad
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking for recommendations for a reputable place to service our new to us 2005 Monaco motorhome and it needs to be located somewhere near The Villages, FL.
Since we weren't able to get all the service records due to health issues, we're looking to a clean start on the necessary service.
Must be able to handle a 40 foot motorhome for an oil change, all filters including the Onan Quiet Diesel 8000. The engine is a Cummins 400.
Any assistance is welcome.
Thanks everyone!!
Scott
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

DW, married 27 wonderful years
DS 25 & DD 23
13 REPLIES 13

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
RNDad wrote:
Accsys, I was thinking the same thing. The MH only has 43K on it. How often should the Allison be serviced?

On most coaches it isn't a mileage thing but a time thing. I service mine every three years though I believe you can stretch that to four years depending on the type of Allison and the fluid used. I have an Allison 3000 and use their Transynd.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
FYI, SpeedCo will NOT change out the Air Dryer. It should be up above the drive axle and isn't really easy to get to. Regardless, they are not allowed to change it even if you bring the filter with you. Cummins charged me a 1/2 hour labor to put it in the air and change it out. Worth the $$ in my opinion. They can also hook up their computer and pull any and all service records on your engine.

While at SpeedCo, be sure to have them do an oil analysis on the old oil to ensure there isn't some 'issue' going on. It's not expensive and worth the look-see. Also, have them check the SCA level in your coolant. They can add some if needed. Again, IIRC a bottle was about $10. Pull your Monaco manual and copy the pages showing where all the zerk fittings/lube points are. It's handy for you to learn where they are and ensuring the tech doing the service knows it too. The one they're not aware of is the one on the steering column. The plastic shroud must be removed inside the coach to reveal it..you will have to witness the torquing of the oil pan bolt, the oil/fuel filters and the oil level when they're through. You'll have to initial same when you go to check out......good luck...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

RNDad
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone!! I think we're going to GA.. stay tuned.
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

DS 25 & DD 23

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
For Oil Changes we drive to GA Lake Park exit 2 and use Speedco. No appointment necessary.
For engine and Onan generator stuff we use Cummins in Ocala FL. They can also do the oil changes if you don't want to drive to GA but it is more expensive. Get a Cummins Power Club Card there before you have the work done and save 10% on most everything. We had our radiator done there. They have hookups in the rear while you're waiting for service. It is a Coach Care facility and can handle many things on your RV other than engine and generator. For chassis stuff we use Tampa Spring in Ocala FL. Alignments, air bags, bushings, brakes, etc.
For all other RV repairs like AC's, refrigerator service, Aqua Hot service we use Alliance Coach in Wildwood on Hwy 44. They have an RV park in the back with water and electric. We just left there and had a few things done. Call 352-330-3800 and ask for Deb Wright to make an appointment.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

bobtucker
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins will be able to get you a history of any and all work performed at a Cummins service center.

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Speedco is great once you know everything is right, BUT for a first time catch up service I would use Cummins Coach care in Ocala. FL Detroit Diesel/Allison is right across the street and get the tranny serviced as well. Both are good shops if you can't do your own stuff.
Happy Trails 🙂
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

ricklord2001
Explorer
Explorer
I used to go to Cummings no more. I agree with formerboater Speedo is the place to go. You can watch them do the work and they use all the manufacturers filters. If you don't watch h them they come and get you to see them change the filters and torque it down to the recommended level. Plus save a bunch of money.

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not sure exactly where you are located but there are four Cummins Coach Care service centers in Florida. I am seriously considering going to the one in Kenly NC for all my filter and fluid changes and lubes. Some I can do myself but I would rather have it done by someone who has more experience than I.

I think the labor rate is around 115 bucks a hour but they have flat rates for oil, lube and some of the other pm's you would like done.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dont forget differential, power steering fluid and genset coolant.

Its in Deland, but Ultra Truck Repair is my go to guy.
Owner operated, experienced, honest and $80 an hour instead of $120.

My dash ac sttarted cutting out intermittently and I had Freightliner telling me new compressor, five hours labor, etc.

One hour labor and a $30 thermostat in the evaporater later been working great for over a year.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

RNDad
Explorer
Explorer
Accsys, I was thinking the same thing. The MH only has 43K on it. How often should the Allison be serviced?

DS 25 & DD 23

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
You also need to be looking at transmission fluid, air cleaner and air dyer service as well if you don't know the last time those were done.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I think they will do that at Alliance Coach on 44 in Wildwood.....
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
Take a ride up I-75, cross the Georgia line and get all of above done at Speedco (exit #2 if memory serves).

No appointment needed, they will also inspect your tires, test your coolant and you can get your oil analysis done on site.

You will save a bundle and the ride up will ensure that all your fluids are nice and hot for the oil changes.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS