cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My wife can't decide, Please Help

rv-dreaming
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is taking a survey, what do you prefer, booth or dinette table and why?
60 REPLIES 60

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
rv-dreaming wrote:

We ordered our TS 42DS04 without a dinning table. We opted to design a flip up table in a buffet that is very similar to the desk unit TS puts in many of their coaches. We placed this where the table would normally go and put a love seat across from the couch. This arrangement also allows us easy access to the rear of the coach while underway

We can flip up the table and add the leaves so four can be seated and eat comfortably. We also can use it like a desk with the printer and file cabinets located inside of the buffet.

We really donโ€™t miss the table and it gives the living area the feel and look of a real house. With this arrangement we have never missed to table, as we have it when we need it, which in our case is very little.

A bonus is the fact that we have no chairs to worry about when driving down the road as the four we have fold up and are stored out of the way behind the sofa.

This would work even better in a non slide coach I would think.

My advice is to make it work for you.

Enjoy it,

See below; As it travels; With table up and chairs (we have 4 folding chairs that we store to use - these in the picture are in the stick house).

SO now the survey needs a third column.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

KWinzer
Explorer
Explorer
We store the chairs when we travel and use the empty space under the table for dog crates. They would not fit with a booth. It really is all about your life style!

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
table and chairs

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely table and chairs. We had the booth in our gasser and I hated the booth. If you sat on the edge of the booth most have a hard edge that quickly cuts circulation in your thighs! DW and I both agreed our next one had to have table and chairs, storage was not an issue as we have lots in our DP.
The MH I just got doesn't have either. Based on the screw holes and impression in the carpet the PO seems to have had a custom desk/table that he removed before the bank took it back (the original build sheet showed a booth). Now just need to find a suitable table (keeping two chairs from my previous MH).

Chris
2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ
2018 Ford Edge SEL- Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar/Blue Ox Base plate/Patriot Brake System
Retired Canadian Army WO (1971-2000)

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Table and chairs. Much more comfortable than a booth and very flexible. We have two leafs to expand it and the two extra folding chairs fit in the bedroom closet & only take up about 10" of space. We don't need the extra storage and we don't have small children with us.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
sailor_lou wrote:
We had both and prefer the table and chairs. We don't need the sleeping space, like the flexibility to be able to move the chairs and prefer the overall appearance.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Me too.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Neither as we have a computer desk that has a table that folds out when dining and folds out of the way the rest of the time. We have it fold out of the way most of the time.

rv-dreaming wrote:
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We had the booth and preferred that....UNTIL..we got a coach with the table...the table gives you much more flexibility. For the two of us we keep the chairs at the table with the extra two folding chairs in the rear bedroom closet. With company, the leaf is put in and the extra chairs come out. We can also use the four chairs outside if we need extra seating space.....

The problem with surveys is they usually create more questions than answers....and with surveys, what works for the goose doesn't always work for the gander.....just sayin....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
We have had both and prefer the booth. Extra storage, it's comfortable to sit back and put your feet up, it is another bed and no putting chairs away. Tons of room in ours, we're not tiny folks either. I don't think it would be a deal breaker if everything else was good.

Jackha1949
Explorer
Explorer
We like booths as it does give us extra storage. Makes a great place to store our computer printer and my wife's scrape book stuff. The booth makes a nice sleeping place for the grand kids when they visit. Good Luck and Happy surveying!
Jack & Peg
USN Ret AGC
K1ZMB
Patrick AFB
2017 Coachmen Leprechaun

Bill___Kate
Explorer
Explorer
sailor_lou wrote:
We had both and prefer the table and chairs. We don't need the sleeping space, like the flexibility to be able to move the chairs and prefer the overall appearance.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Ditto on moving the chairs - either to make a conversation "knook" when we have guests, or to move to the vanity in the bedroom that doubles as a computer desk. Can also take them outside if necessary.
Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Bailey (standard poodle) and Zeke (partipoodle)- both rescues
2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/ 6.2L gasser
2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I have had both. I prefer the booth for storage. I will add I am pretty hefty (280) and our booth is correctly spaced for the rotund!
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Dachristianman
Explorer
Explorer
Mandalay Parr wrote:
byrdr1 wrote:
I like the table and chairs. looks better and easier for a fat boy to sit at the table than at the booth.
randy

Me too for sure.

I see a trend here. ๐Ÿ™‚

gone2dadesert
Explorer
Explorer
I have and prefer a booth.
2011 Hurricane 31J
2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon