cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold trouble 1200

Robbie_Welch
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had the alarm no AC for no apparent reason. I went to the track today and ran the refrigerator on LP no problem ran all day in that mode. Came home and tried to switch back to AC and got a no AC alarm checked all breakers OK invertor seams OK ran the gen still no good checked the plug with my meter reads good even ran a cord from another outlet and still have a no AC alarm. It still runs on LP just not AC. To make matters worse we're leaving for MB SC Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Robbie
12 REPLIES 12

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Executive wrote:
There are TWO fuses on that circuit board, one, the 5amp is for the 12V side of things...the other glass fuse is for the 120V side. Make sure you replace the fuses with the correct ones. Always use a meter to check the fuses and their holders....Dennis

Depends on the serial number of fridge.....
Could have one 3A automotive blade fuse for DC (purple)
Could have two 3A automotive blade fuse for DC (purple)
Could have one 5A automotive blade fuse for DC (tan)

BUT will have one 5A AGC (glass)fuse for AC heater circuit
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Robbie Welch wrote:
Thanks to all for the responses. The problem was the glass fuse. Yesterday I checked it while it was still on the board (I guess it was reading the circuit)and it read good after reading the post's I pulled it from the board and it was bad, replaced the fuse and it was good to go. So is this a possible sign that a heating element is going bad? Thanks again Robbie

Yes, IF the fuse BLOWS it is a sign. If it does it again, replace BOTH heating elements, not just the defective one. Doug

Robbie_Welch
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the responses. The problem was the glass fuse. Yesterday I checked it while it was still on the board (I guess it was reading the circuit)and it read good after reading the post's I pulled it from the board and it was bad, replaced the fuse and it was good to go. So is this a possible sign that a heating element is going bad? Thanks again Robbie

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Well, follow the reset directions before you replace the control board. It's pretty straight forward and posted in several places.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Ours did that. Took the cover off and the board was melted. Replaced the board and all was well until a year later when the cooling unit almost burned my coach down. The mod caught it in time but when I replaced it with a residential I had lots of charred wood.

Cheers
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are TWO fuses on that circuit board, one, the 5amp is for the 12V side of things...the other glass fuse is for the 120V side. Make sure you replace the fuses with the correct ones. Always use a meter to check the fuses and their holders....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

robertbenita
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar experience. I would replace the fuse and it would work fine for a short trip, but then blow again getting ready for the next one. I pulled the two heating elements that looked similar, but one had a distorted top where the wires go into it. Replaced both and one last fuse and have been trouble free since. Knocking on wood now:) Not too hard to do yourself. Good luck!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Robbie Welch wrote:
The fuse's checked good. I did see some discoloration on the circuit board where the glass fuse holder (old style) attach's to the board. I'll check the contact on that fuse clip today. Thanks Robbie

IF the fuse is GOOD and you have 120 ac on both sides of the fuse, and you still have the no AC code, then the control board is bad. Replace it. Doug

Robbie_Welch
Explorer
Explorer
The fuse's checked good. I did see some discoloration on the circuit board where the glass fuse holder (old style) attach's to the board. I'll check the contact on that fuse clip today. Thanks Robbie

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
5A AGC fuse (fast acting) on circuit board in outside compartment.

If fuse is blown.....then you need to check electric heater element(s). 5A fuse is for protection from bad/shorted heater cartridge.

If fuse is good......check that it is tight in fuse clips
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is a five amp fuse. On mine they removed the vent cover outside the coach, removed the cover off where the board is located and the fuse was in there.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

JerryofWV
Explorer
Explorer
There is a fuse on the control board. It sounds like it is blown.

I've had the same problem. You have to remove the cover from the board to see or access the fuse.
Jerry & Dee Dee Pauley

2005 Monaco Monarch SE, Workhorse, Falcon II tow bar, ReadyBrake, 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.