cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire shops in Orange County, CA that will work on RV's.

locster
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone recommend a tire shop that will work on RV's? I'm trying to avoid Big O's, Firestones or Just Tires and the likes because of their pricing structures. I'm ordering my own tires online and will just bring them to the shop so they can mount them. Most tire shops around my neighborhood have small parking lots where there won't be much room for me to go in or out on a busy weekend.

Looking for any shop within 15 miles of Huntington Beach.
9 REPLIES 9

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
pauldub wrote:
Discount Tires will match online prices even if it's a tire not stocked in their store. Just print off the web price, along with the shipping price, and take it to the store when you go.

Allen Tire Store will do the same.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Obliquely subject-related...

We just bought 16" SUV (not RV) tires. Sam's Club was a dollar or two less per tire than Tire Rack online. Again I pay shipping then cart them to somebody to install, pay them to install, and cart the mounted tires home, I'm better off with Sam's $15/tire mount/balance/rotate/road hazard.

If you haven't ordered, I'd suggest you try Discount/America's price match offer.

Or, if you're feeling tough, there's HF's backyard tire changer:

3.5 Stars out of 5 on 68 reviews.

HF also offers a Static (not spinning) Balancer.

What are you doing for Valve Stems? Suggest you install custom ones from Borg (Dually Valve from Your Tire Shop Supply

Chuck Carvitto claims to have made the original custom valves shown at Tire-Man.

I'm not showing Chuck's kit because page I found showed only a wheel with stainless simulator and a valve poking out at the six and twelve o'clock positions. The two kits are essentially the same, and the time to install them is when you're mounting tires.

EDIT: Seems the website with Borg Dually Valves (yourtireshopsupply) is down. The link worked when I did this post but now I can't even go to their homepage. Chuck's page includes Install Instructions, so if you wanted to see what a custom kit looks like, you should be able to see it there.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
We used San Clemente Auto Center, and had no problems getting in or out with our 31' C. They're not one of the discount chains, but we did four tires and an oil change for us while we were out running some errands, and were quite happy with their work.

Exit 73 on I-5
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Discount Tires will match online prices even if it's a tire not stocked in their store. Just print off the web price, along with the shipping price, and take it to the store when you go.

pronstar
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle wrote:
I've used Discount Tires for mine.

x2
Discount and Americas tire for me - they're the same company.
Plus they match online prices.

Just call ahead to make sure you can bring an RV by.
I've used several locations without issue.
'07 Ram 5.9 QC/LB SRW
Full Carli Suspension
35" Toyo's | 4.56 | PacBrake

2009 Cyclone 3950 | B&W Turnover Ball & Companion | TrailAire | Duravis R250s

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Allen Tire store at corner of Golden West and Garden Grove Blvd in GG installed six new Michelins on our Tioga recently. Call them and find out how much they will charge for labor and disposal old tires.

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've used Discount Tires for mine.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
You may do better trying to find a "Used Tires" shop, since they are used to just doing the mountings and balancing. With the Class C, you don't have a "real" truck tire, so they should have the equipment to do the work.

Going to the bigger places that sell new tires, you may have a problem with them wanting to do the work

I agree with Biscuit, you should be able to park at any shop, unless they are slammed! Since I'm on the other coast, I can't really specify any particular places in your area.

Of course, you could just stick a knife into your tires, call Good Sam's R/A, and have then change the tires:B.....though I don't think that would be very ethical (no idea why it popped into my mind:H)
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
With a 24' Class C you shouldn't have any problem with any tire shop.

Just find one that will mount/balance the tires.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31