Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple E GT24?

Eugarps
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

We're considering a Triple E GT24 and are wondering if anyone out there has experience with the unit. We like the cold weather capability and would even consider doing a 4x4 conversion to ease our winter travel to and through the Rockies.

Your thoughts are all welcome.

Thanks,

Bill
1978 27' Southwind MH - Gone
1982 19' Terry Taurus TT - Gone
1990 24' Prowler TT - Gone
TC - Still in the Hunt
14 REPLIES 14

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We just attended the owners rally at Triple E/Leisure Vans. The word is there will not be any more Regency units built - no 24 or 28 ft. units. They are concentrating on the Leisure Vans which are in high demand just now.

They are very attractive units - just depends on what you are looking for. They are very well made and pride of workmanship is evident.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

ClassBGirl
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Triple E Regency GT24MB, and we love it. We have had it since Sept. 2011. It is a quality built unit, and we just spent 45 days traveling in it for 6,127 miles out west from TN to CA to WA to MT to Canada and back to Memphis with no problems. My husband is very pleased with the Ford chassis and the power have we have on 8% to 10% steep grades, and it's handling on very curvy mountain roads. We traveled interstates, state and county roads, and narrow back roads. We also drove in bad cross winds, 40 to 50 MPH, numerous times across the desert southwest. We were in temps from 112+ degrees in Needles, CA to 42 degrees at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon where we dry camped for seven days. Needless to say we used the generator, AC, heat pump, and the furnace during our days on the road, and all that great winter insulation in the Regency really helps in the heat as well as the cold. Everything worked flawlessly.

We love the Murphy bed, the small slide with u-shaped lounge, and our large dressing area and residential shower. We have owned a Born Free BFT and a Chinook Glacier, and in our opinion the Regency is a better quality built unit. It is pricy, but well worth the cost, and we have lots of carrying capacity that some of the smaller C's/B+'s don't have, plus ample storage. With its extra insulation, heated tanks, and dual pane windows it's very comfy in cold as well as hot temps. With it's small footprint we do not tow and haven't found the need to as yet. It's easy to park and get around in busy city traffic.

These units are made in Winkler, Canada (Manitoba), and we have toured the factory. We were very impressed with the fit, finish, quality, and attention given to small details of all the units coming off the production line.

At the present the factory is really pushing the Leisure Travel Van units (Serenity, Unity, etc. made in the same factory) which are hot sellers right now. Also current Regency production is being put on hold for now. The problem is with getting chassis from Ford. Ford is working on a new chassis, but it is not available just yet and they are no longer making the E450 and/or V10 engine. Triple E is waiting for Ford to come out with their new chassis and engine to restart production. Check with the factory for current info on this.

Good luck with your search. Van City in St. Louis is where we purchased ours. and they do have a "fly and buy" program you might look into.
2019 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108DS (Murphy bed & dinette slide) with
Extreme Weather & Off Road pkgs., plus Heated and Enclosed Tanks

2018 Ford F-150 4x4 Super Cab 5.0L V8 with Tow Mode

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We are the proud owners of a 2014 Regency GT24MB. We are currently on our first trip with it and are impressed with the quality and features.
We ordered ours in early March after taking 2 years of looking at various small units and deciding this was the unit for us. We were downsizing from a Class A. The murphy bed is very quick and easy to set up and put away - takes about a minute. It is a full, residential style walk around queen. It is very comfortable to sleep on.

Now for the bad news. It turns out we have one of only 7 2014 units produced this year. It is a shame more are not available as several changes and upgrades were added to this years model. It is our understanding that Ford has discontinued the E450 chassis and the new chassis and suitable engine are not yet available.

Leisure Travel Vans - same company as Triple E, are producing several models on the Sprinter chassis. They are very attractive looking but a diesel was not on our wish list. Also I think there is less storage and the insulation is not as good in the Leisure Vans.
We are so happy we got what we wanted.

Class B Girl on this forum has a Regency and was very helpful to us answering questions and helping us with our decision.

We are on our way to an owners rally at the factory - will post more information if we learn of any updates.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Tothill
Explorer
Explorer
Just to let you know we have a 1989 Regency 27 foot C. Love it.

We bought it used and the only issues we have had are related to its age, We have had to repair most the doors where the glue had dried out. A quick and easy repair.

The other advantage of the winter package is that the dual pane windows help to keep the heat out during the summer.

We would buy another Triple E when Mobi wears out completely.

Straycat2161
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Regency 29 GT. I looked long and hard to find a used Regency and finally found one at a dealer in Gettysburg. It had 5K miles on it when we picked it up and drove it home to N. Fla. We have had it about a year and a half and absolutely love it. We recently completed a three week trip thru out Tenn. and it performed flawlessly. We averaged 9 mpg. pulling a Jeep Wrangler. I have on two or three occassions contacted the factory regarding problems or questions and they have been prompt in getting back to me.

Currently I am in the process of replacing the convection microwave with a newer one and putting it on a slide out for easier access and cooling.

I also saw the post that they would not be making the Regency in the future, but have not confirmed this. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the Regency.

Eugarps
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses. I'm hoping to occupy one for a few minutes at the Herahey RV show to see how it would fit our needs.

Bill
TC - Still in the Hunt

Sooboy
Explorer
Explorer
Bill - Our previous RV was a Triple E Regency 28XL with the cold weather package. We didn't camp in winter, but we did typically extend the camping season on both ends. You won't be disappointed with the quality of what Triple E builds. In my experience, the factory in Winkler, MB stands behind their RV's 100%.

As I've mentioned before, the fit and finish quality of our Jayco isn't even close.
2012 Jayco Embark TB390
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar
2009 Honda CRV (mini toad)
2014 Ford F-150 4x4 (monster toad)
FMCA #F413428

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I have one too..and with the 4x4 conversion. Cannot be beat and can`t imagine not having it. Having said that...you don`t `need` it for the Rockies. But with the lift and so on...sure takes the worry out of going places.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Eugarps
Explorer
Explorer
Mumkin,

I've been checking online. LTV is cranking out Serenity, Unity, and Free Spirit vans as fast as they can go. It seems the GT24MB is a niche market, lower production run unit. There are 2014s around but the sell as soon as they show up on the dealer's lot.

I have a couple of 2012 and 2013 units located we'll look at. I'm hoping Triple E will bring a GT24MB to the Hershey RV show in a couple of weeks.

Best,

Bill
TC - Still in the Hunt

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
We have a member here, ClassBgirl who has this rig and loves it. Hopefully she will show up.

BTW... just lately there was a post suggesting that EEE isn't building this unit any longer, but I suggest that you call the factory and confirm that. Very few were made, so finding a used one is likely very difficult.

I considered buying this unit in 2011, but after much thought decided to go with the LTV Libero on the Chevy.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

Eugarps
Explorer
Explorer
Harvard,

Your travel profile could be the same as ours. I've learned in flying airplanes you don't go hunting for icing just because your airplane is equipped for it. My rancher, college roommate always told me "tire chains are for getting you out." Thus, I'm hunting for safe, secure travel not some winter wonderland off-road adventure.

We have kids in Laramie and Albuquerque. Our normal travel plan is to drive from our home to Laramie and then south to Albuquerque and then home by a more southern route. We like the idea of having everything on board, so we don't have to stray outside in winter travel, except to refuel and visit to occasional restaurant or market.

The 4x4 is because we're seniors and I like to be bored when I'm driving. I'm well past enjoying excitement on the road.

Bill
TC - Still in the Hunt

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eugarps wrote:
Hello,

We're considering a Triple E GT24 and are wondering if anyone out there has experience with the unit. We like the cold weather capability and would even consider doing a 4x4 conversion to ease our winter travel to and through the Rockies.

Your thoughts are all welcome.

Thanks,

Bill

classbgirl has one look at her posts(when she first started she had a b)

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
My brother has a 2006 GT28. Hasn't had it for long but absolutley loves it. Sorry I can't provide more info. It has the water heater that heats via engine heat as well. Wish I had that in our little C
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
We own a Triple E Regency XL with the winter package. The winter package is great for Snowbirding enroute to the South where we know we will find a dump station within a 3 day drive. On the other hand, the winterized tanks are of little value when travel is restricted to a winter climate (skiing etc) because there are no dump stations open that time of the year.