Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Electrical Issue 30 vs 50 Amps

Hey All!!! I have a Newmar 4018 with 50 AMP service. Just got back from a weekend where the pole was 30AMP only. I have one of those (2) 30 AMP male to (1) 50 AMP female splitter. The coach would not charge batteries. I turned off everything exce...

Stutch by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

F53 Drivability

I know this has probably been covered ad nauseam in the past, but I can seem to find any info from the past posts. I have already done the budget stabilizer modification and it helps, but my handling on my 2013 Winnebago Vista is still like rowing a ...

Rear Dully Fender Well

I have a 1996 Tioga Montaro and I blew one of the inside duallies and it put a hole in the plastic fender well. I did a temp repair but any idea where to det a replacement?Roger

RV tankless water heater

Good evening,Trying to get information on the value of putting in a tankless water heater in our RV. What does it cost to install and what's a good model to get? We've got a 6 gallon heater and looking for more hot waterThank you for your comments/i...

Mk1putt by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

U0107 Fault code

Has anyone had this issue with a coach with the Workhorse chassis? Mine is a 2004 Fleetwood Flair with the 8.1 engine.Over the course of a year/20K miles I've had this happen 2X. First was about 8 months ago when I didn't have my scan tool with me an...

installing solar panels without drilling holes

I am considering using the following mounts to attached a solar panel to my Class C RV with a rubber roof.Instapark ZJ03W Drill-free Solar Panel Roof Corner Mount Rack Bracket Kit NEWAnd Instapark ZJ04W Drill-free Solar Panel Roof Mount Rack Rail Bra...

rdrv831 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Ovenight in a Truck Stop

I have posted on this subject before. I do long distance driving in the summer months. This year finding a place to park has been pure hell. In some areas the Truck Stops fill up before noon. Makes it very hard to find a good spot for the night. We a...

moisheh by Explorer
  • 60 replies
  • 0 likes

Levelling the RV

We have just been on the first trip in our (for us) new RVIt is a 2007 Itasca Impulse C ClassOur first stay was a couple of miles from our house at a local RV campground that had level, flat concrete RV pads to test everything out.....Our next trip m...

Ant invasion

Just stayed at Lake Skinner near Temecula, CA. Woke up in the morning and the whole inside of the Mother Ship was crawling with ants.DW was totally freaked. She wants a professional exterminator to fumigate the RV. I'm worried about breathing the ...

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

what coaches have plastic/fiberglass storage bins?

After having spent the last eight hours removing the original sheet metal and then making a new HDPE bin for or Sightseer my wife and I started thinking about our next coach (years down the road) and wondered in any Class A's had plastic cargo bins. ...

Keeping parked vehicle cool

My class B is parked in my driveway in Tucson. I do not use it as much as I would like right now so it is sitting in the 100plus temps so it gets pretty hot inside. I do have a couple windows cracked but can't open up anymore. I also have a sunshade ...

bobsrv by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

RV repair manual

I have found an RV handbook called "Woodall's RV Owner's handbook for DIY maintainance and repair. Anyone know of a better one? Looking for one primarily for class C RVs.

Riding out a hurricane

I am in central Fl. Just got out of hospital 2 days ago. I will probably have to stay put thru the coming hurricane. I am in a state park and all the other volunteers have left for the summer. Been set up since sept to start knee replacements. Since ...

acker1 by Explorer
  • 69 replies
  • 0 likes

I love Sunday fill-ups

I've noticed that every time I fill up my tank on a Sunday, the truck drivers take the time to talk to me about my travels. Today, three of them asked about the coach, mileage, where are we from, etc.Not that they aren't nice on weekdays as well, ju...

Finally heading out on a trip!!

The DW & I have been so busy this year, mainly building a new garage with condo for her mom to move her closer, that we haven't made any trips since early June & that was an 1 1/2 hr trip maybe 75 miles. We are heading out Tuesday to Searcy, AR for ...

gsf35099 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes