cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
Crawled under to check the propane tank and see if the wires to the monitor panel inside were disconnected. (The inside monitor for propane is showing FULL even when the tank is empty) I was horrified to see the tank and surrounding area was rusting real bad. The winter ice and snow and sand and SALT has taken a toll on the tank. As soon as the weather clears enough I have to get it cleaned and then start sanding and repaint the affected areas.

It was too dirty and full of dirt, sand and salt to even see if the wires were damaged.

I HATE WINTER!!!!!
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I'm intrigued by the foil. Can you show us a pic?

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
Charged up house battery with Sprinter i-5 diesel running for 20 minutes. Aired out rv and checked for mice droppings.Hurray! None this winter--I put large sheets of h/d aluminum foil under each wheel so the field mice cannot get any traction and climb up the tires. Seems to work.

arm
Explorer
Explorer
Had a new set of Michelin LTX M/S2 installed, and I road tested at highway speeds, seems smooth. Like the tread pattern on the M/S2 better than the older M/S that I had. Should be a little better on ice,snow and rain.

Repaired the fantastic fan, wire came loose and I resoldered it and repaired 3 way speed switch. Imagine a loose wire already, after only 17 years of use.

Replaced my last LED bulb, so now am 100% LED. They have been working great...very easy on battery.

Can't wait to get on the road again.
2011 Roadtrek 190 Versatile
1996 Roadtrek 190 Popular
1990 Dodge 2500 conversion
1982 Dodge 1500 conversion

mepboat
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from our trip to the Keys. This was the first trip with the Versahaul for our scooter. It worked flawlessly. It has a ramp to roll the scooter onto the carrier, 4 strap hitch points and the light system keeps you safe and seen by other motorists. cannot say enough about it. Worked great out of the box with no modifications just the optional light kit. I would suggest purchasing it from Versahaul for the custom fit and finish. We cleaned up the interior and now need to get ready for the next trip.....Jimmy Buffett concert here we come !!!!!!

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
~ with the help of a friend, we modified a wheel well/engine compartment splash shield for the RT. Time for a wet cold weather camp out this weekend after I do a resupply.

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
Tried out the Ultimate MX Hauler that we modified and installed to carry our Vespa. It has a hydrolic lift for easy up and down. Works great and we can keep an eye on it through our back windows and the rear camera.
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" 😉

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
Took it out of storage and ran up and down the highway for several miles until the engine was hot. Started and ran the generator under mild load (forgot to take the electric heater)for about an hour. Replaced one light bulb (the one we use the most) with an led. Put it back in storage.

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, Duplicate post.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Got a bunch of new LEDs to replace the 1141 incandescent bulbs.
First batch I received is the high brightness cool white 440 lumen Ba15s LEDs.
Here's the quick comparison I did on the bench:
Video
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

gdoug83
Explorer
Explorer
Prepped the Trek for early am departure for a four day weekend at Wekiwa Springs SP. :B
Doug
2010 RT RS Adventurous
Sprinter 3500

Explorer
Explorer
I moved 8" of snow off the windshield.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

Kimbopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Filled up with propane and exercised the genny. Not time to de-winterize yet. That will happen in a couple of weeks when I head south.
2010 Roadtrek 190 Popular
http://www.kimbopolo.blogspot.com

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Worked on the water system. The holding tank, water heater and pump are all under my twin bed so when I wanted to drain the tank, operate the water heater bypass or use pump to add pink stuff for the winterizing I would have to remove my mattress to get to it.
Today I cut tubing and re-routed to make it easy to change with an added door on the side panel.
I have a cutoff valve where the water comes out of the tank and then a "TEE". The third leg of the "TEE" is a short piece of hose, then another cutoff valve and finally a two foot hose.
Now I can cut the first valve to OFF so I can't draw from the water tank and open the other valve and draw Pink Stuff out of its container and fill my water lines. When going camping just reverse the two valves and the pump will pump good water into the lines and flush them out.
Also down there I have an inside water tank drain valve marked green one side and red the other.
I still have to cut a 12" X 12" hole in the side panel and make a door and then just open the door to get to the pink stuff hose, the drain valve and the water heater bypass valves without having to remove my mattress and messing up my bed.
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Put fourth and possibly last Optima Blue AGM deepcycle battery in my battery cabinet.At 55 Amp hours apiece that gives me 220 amp hours.I say possibly the last because I think I can squeeze one more.These are all from my local Interstate battery store.they get take backs from Costco ,slap their Econo Power label on them and sell them for $90.00 ($80 with old battery return).One year warraty.Interstate is setup to make cables.I brought my own cable and they put the ends on for me with colored shrinkwrap.Very slick..