cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

mepboat
Explorer
Explorer
Went out to the Pleasureway today and replaced the stay dry granules and vented out some of the stale air. Replaced the wireless temp gage so I can monitor the interior temp of the PW from inside our home. Made sure the frig and head door were propped open for air flow and let it get back to napping. Next trip will be next month. Back to the Keys for "Put In Bay" days and seeing our old friends from Ohio !!!!!

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
Today I installed the Scanguage 2 on my T1N and went for a 40 mile test run. I am an old car guy so I really appreciate all the gauge functions. The code reader and trip analysis are sure too be useful as well. I mounted it with tape to the hazard flasher switch and matched the background color close to OEM.

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks and Robert.

Dug the rest of the driveway out with the snow blower in anticipation of rain and freezing conditions. I then took the RV around the block for a little exercise. All is running well.

Plan to go for a longer exercise run to fill the propane tanks and find a few parts that will fit. I finally gave up buying parts with out the RV with me. Seems that nothing fits.

Planning the first trip after returning from a cruise on the end of February.

Boston RV Show coming up in a few weeks. Hope to take in some lectures an well as collecting ideas. Biggest problem is the food at the show is really bad. Maybe I might loose a little weight, but I doubt it.

Heapie

Explorer
Explorer
Got the snow off the windshield, dug out around it, and started the engine to let it run for awhile. Another exciting day of RVing in the Northeast in January!
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

mepboat
Explorer
Explorer
We got back from NYE at Key West, Boyds RV park/campground and unloaded all the extras that we normally do not store in the RV. While doing this we were slow in plugging in the power and the coach battery did a slow dying routine trying to keep the frig. cold. We finally realized the problem and plugged back in and started the charging system. During our trip we also had the DVD player fail to power up. That will be the new project for the RV this week. Got all the interior cleaning done and the window reflectors back in place. Life is good in a class "B".

charlessfolly
Explorer
Explorer
We went for a drive to charge the batteries and shake off the leaves.Cruised through Parksville and Qualicum Beach then on up to Bowser to a favorite provincial park to walk the dog.We came back on the Inland Island highway in cruise control and listened to Christmas carols on the cassette player.Got rocked by the few tractor trailers as they whistled by but thoroughly enjoyed our outing.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to be deleting off topic posts in this thread without warning.
I have asked several times to keep this thread on topic.
"What did you do to your Class B today" that is about as self explanatory as a thread gets!

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the B life and the forum, Rascorp. Hope you'll post often about your travels in the B.

Yesterday we took the B's Christmas gift (its very own Nuwave induction cooktop and cookware that works on it) out to the van, to contemplate the best place to stow everything. Time to start getting ready for January 22 departure south.

rascorp
Explorer
Explorer
I read all of your posts. Enjoyed them for sure. We have owned our Winne-ERA for 12 mos now. Love it! Love it! Had 3 30-35 5th wheels, and then realized we were travelers not campers. It seems 2-3 nights in one place and were are off to places unknown. We live in Destin, Fl and went to Fantasy Fest last year, what fun that was. One of our favorite trips is to Key West, we try to go there twice a year. We traveled 7600 miles 31 days this past June & July to Calgary Stampede, Banff, Lake Louise, Frontier Days in Wyoming.. My wife loves to travel but not quite as crazy about Rving as I am. I enjoy working on my Sprinter, but it needs a wax job pretty bad but too cold here in lower Al.

mepboat
Explorer
Explorer
Today I washed the "Keys Traveler", loaded up some clothes, started up the fridge and loaded it with cold water bottles to help in the cooling and put in the small fridge fan to circulate the air.. Tomorrow will be spent completing the set up for the last trip of the year to Key West for New Years Eve!!!! Time to fill up the fresh water, add food stuffs, hitch up the cargo carrier and take off on Monday for our next adventure. We haven't traveled for 2 weeks now and we are again chomping at the bit.

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
I backed up my PW Sprinter and placed a large 24x24 piece of aluminum foil on each tire location front and rear. Then I drove onto them. Reason: Mice have a hard time getting traction and thereby climbing up onto the wheels and, slippery little furry ones, inside the rv. Sounds odd. It IS supposed to work. I also have some Bounce sheets scattered around inside. Let you know if they camp there for the winter.

Happy Christmas

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Please stay on topic so I don't have to delete posts. If you want photos of his DIY project please use the PM function, or start a new topic.
The topic of this thread is "What did you do to your Class B today"

Thank you

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Metaphor 7182 wrote:
Fastpaddler wrote:
hermelv wrote:
Started packing for our trip to Florida where we'll spend the winter. Planning to leave on Tuesday after the storm in the US is over. Had an oil change done, changed fuel and air filters, and wiper blades. We're ready to hit the road for our first big trip in the LTV van with DW and our two Maltese dogs, Mika and Angie.:)

Have a great trip. I used to live in Ottawa and go to Florida in winter. Now on the West Coast we go to Palm Springs or Phoenix & area. Do you have a Florida room to attach to your awning. Doubles your home space.
2. Today, put 18inch wide heavy duty foil under all four wheels.Why? The little field mice cannot get a footing and crawl up the tires and into the warmer interior of the B. Smart idea, eh?
Al
PS Some people come here from the East and camp all winter!!

Place snap traps under the RT by each wheel. AL do you have a photo of your foil idea? Not clear how that foil under the tyres works. :h
I, too, am interested in the foil trick. Got any pictures of the DIY idea?
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

pgh1aB
Explorer
Explorer
Today I brushed the snow off our Sara Saratoga. So sad.

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
Fastpaddler wrote:
hermelv wrote:
Started packing for our trip to Florida where we'll spend the winter. Planning to leave on Tuesday after the storm in the US is over. Had an oil change done, changed fuel and air filters, and wiper blades. We're ready to hit the road for our first big trip in the LTV van with DW and our two Maltese dogs, Mika and Angie.:)

Have a great trip. I used to live in Ottawa and go to Florida in winter. Now on the West Coast we go to Palm Springs or Phoenix & area. Do you have a Florida room to attach to your awning. Doubles your home space.
2. Today, put 18inch wide heavy duty foil under all four wheels.Why? The little field mice cannot get a footing and crawl up the tires and into the warmer interior of the B. Smart idea, eh?
Al
PS Some people come here from the East and camp all winter!!

Place snap traps under the RT by each wheel. AL do you have a photo of your foil idea? Not clear how that foil under the tyres works. :h