cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seeing Seafood in My Dreams

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
With Agnes' tasty clam chowder thread, thought it would be nice if everyone shared their favorite seafood and freshwater fare with the recipes.

We like bacon wrapped broiled scallops. Huge scallops, wrap in partially cooked thin bacon; a little salt and pepper; and broil for 5 minutes.

We also enjoy applewood smoked fresh water trout but have to buy that when on the North GA mountains.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
17 REPLIES 17

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We have been enjoying the fresh fish (halibut, King salmon, silver salmon, rockfish) that we caught in Alaska this past summer. We usually prepare it simply by cooking it in the convection oven but we also like putting it on our pellet smoker, smoking it for about a half hour, then bringing it to just done. Halibut cheeks were divine.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't eat meat, so I eat a lot of fish. I just made one of my favorite seafood dishes for dinner last night. It's Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Peppers.

I roast the peppers and peel them. I make a fajita type stuffing out of onions, bell peppers, fajita seasoning mix and add the shrimp at the very end. Split the poblanos and remove the seeds and pulp. Spray a baking dish with Pam and lay down the peppers. Add the fajita mix and then add cheddar cheese on top. Bake at 350 for a half hour.

I serve it with fresh pico de gayo and sour cream with four tortillas on the side.

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Shrimp Boil

From another thread
livelylittlecampers wrote:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27836102.cfm

Shrimp Boil is something I have never done, being from the North, but it is on our menu this summer. Looks amazing.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Don't ask me how or why, but this has always worked for me:

Steamed King Crab:
- 1 to 4 lbs of King Crab Legs
- Pot big enough to cover approximately 2/3 of the length of the longer legs (This seems to allow a good mix of cooking by immersion and by steaming)
- Fill pot about 1/2 way up the longest legs with 1/2 water, 1/2 beer (light beer, not dark)
- Add 3 or more pats butter to water/beer mix
- Add salt and pepper (lightly) to water/beer mix
- Cover entire setup (including part of legs sticking out) with Aluminum foil
- Steam for _____ (varies depending on outside/inside cooking location)...."cooking" time will be longer to allow water to get warm enough to get to "steaming" point
- Serve crab with melted butter
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

otis-agnes
Explorer
Explorer
I'm reading some yummy stuff here! I'm keeping a close eye on this thread. Agnes
Otis, Agnes and Penny & Twinkie (our rescue pups)
2018 Grey Wolf 23MK
2019 Ford F250

GrumpyGator
Explorer
Explorer
Cedar Key, FL is one of my favorite camping destinations. When there I always wander to various places that sell Smoked Fish Spread. This is typically made from local mullet, a fish that you won't find on a lot of menus. It is smoked, then picked from the bones and mixed with various ingredients to make a wonderful appetizer or snack.

Unfortunately, hardly anyplace sells mail order fish spread as it doesn't ship well. It is also very expensive.

I recently found this recipe that is a decent stand-in when not in FL.

Poor Man's Fish Spread
2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB

trailerbikecamp
Explorer
Explorer
I make seafood pasta. I choose either linguine or fettuccine. To make it I peel some fresh cooked shrimp a buddy gives me from the fish boat. Get some small scallops and fry them until they just barely begin to turn brown. I also put in crab meat for a little extra texture. Once the scallops are cooked I put the crab, shrimp and Alfredo sauce in the pan with the scallops to warm it all up.

Cook the pasta and drain. Then I mix the scallop mixture with the drained pasta. Once mixed it is ready to enjoy.
Dan

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
dons2346 wrote:
K Charles wrote:
Raw oysters, hush puppies and bear. I don't even need to cook and it's still good.

Bear :h

Spelling ain't one of my high points, is beer better?

Did you mean beer batter?

Ya hush puppies do taste better with beer batter!!

Just kidding couldn't resist the pun! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
K Charles wrote:
Raw oysters, hush puppies and bear. I don't even need to cook and it's still good.

Spelling ain't one of my high points, is beer better?

rtate
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:

First good bear recipe I have seen in a while.
2014 Ram CTD 4x2 SRW 3.42 68 RE auto trans
Big Horn 3055RL

Restless

San Marcos Tx

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
wrap shrimp in bacon, skewer, and brush with Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ sauce and grill or broil. Served over rice or pasta.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Shrimp Diabla
  • Shrimp
  • Butter
  • Garlic
  • Catsup
  • Hot sauce

Served over rice
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer