cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

garmin 2797lmt vs cw rvnd 7735lm rand McNally gps-help pls

doxsin
Explorer
Explorer
I know there are numerous post on gps, but oh it is so confusing. Can anyone tell me the pro and con's of these two? Looking to buy one of them and can't decide which one...garmin has Bluetooth and traffic, but McNally has all campgrounds and rv input...any and all assistance will be appreciated.. Thank you!
2015 Chateau
11 REPLIES 11

Teeshot1939
Explorer
Explorer
Have you entered the weight,height information etc into the RV 760LMT? Also, make sure you are in RV mode. This unit has both RV and passenger vehicle modes.

geneeich
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the RV 760LMT for seven months, not worth the money. This is my 5th Garmin and your better off with the regular car cheaper versions. This thing sent me 25 miles out of my way when the shorter and faster route was obvious. It also sent me thru the Baltimore tunnel on I95 with propane restrictions. It also sent me across the George Washington Bridge in the direction with RV restriction. It also does not tell you it is recalculating when you make a wrong turn. It recalculates, just pay attention. I was not happy, so I bought a Good Sam Rand McNally 7735 GPS thinking that they brag about down loading your trips from the Good Sam Trip Planner. I really like the trip planner. However, when you down load the trip it only downloads the destinations not the route and calculates it's own screwed up route. I may be doing something wrong, so if anyone knows how to get it to follow my preplanned route please let me know. I will really appreciate the info. Thanks.
2015 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed Diesel
2016 Rockwood 2906WS Travel Trailer

Miles_Away
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using the R/M 7710 since they first came out several years ago. I update it every year, so it has a lot of the newer apps that the later models have, and have been pleased with its' performance. The only drawback has been the brightness of the screen (or lack thereof). At times it is very hard to see in bright daylight, however I made an over-sized sun shade for it and it has helped.
M & M :C On the road again!
2007 GMC 3500-SRW-Duramax-longbed-4X4
2008 Keystone EVEREST 348R 5th wheel
2002 SUNDOWNER gooseneck horse trailer

envy_rv
Explorer
Explorer
I need to reply to this as a frustrated 760lmt user who has just spent 2 months on the road in a 38ft A class full time with more months to go. We have an old garmin Nuvi 2555lm and had heard of the 760lmt as being both larger and therefore easier to see and being able to load details of size then selecting rv. We also have an iPad and have copilot. We load destinations into each. The small gps with no size restrictions the 760lmt with rv profile and copilot with rv profile. Here is the frustration. We left a campground in Maine and the 760lmt said go left the other two said go right. We went left and within half mile was an old rail bridge (been there for a hundred years) with an 11 foot clearance. Another time it offered that the route ahead was weight limited to 4 tons. It's options were to accept (eh) or cancel whereupon the 760 just cleared the whole trip, didn't offer options. These are two of many examples. To the extent I don't trust it. It is good when not using a loaded destination. Then it shows streets and exits coming. I trust copilot which seems to have everything and has never let us down and when we used the 2555 before the 760lmt it didn't let us down either though it didn't have dimensions loaded.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
GPS-City is my go-to place for good GPS info
compare RV-660 vrs RV-760
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
Garmin has a new RV660.

I have and use the 2797. I can load it with as many points of interest as I desire giving me any and all the features of the RV specific models with the exception to customize size. The nice thing about POIs is that they are constantly being updated so I do not have to wait for the periodic Garmin updates. The POIs are easy to find and load as Gamin provides a free POI loader on their website.

FLman2
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
Another vote for the Garmin RV 760LMT. Has everything an RV'er would want....

X2

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the Garmin RV 760LMT. Has everything an RV'er would want....
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Explorer
Explorer
The Garmin RV-760 lets you put in specs for your RV but does not have let you put in to avoid propane restricted routes, bridges, or tunnels (if this is important to you), The Rand Mcn RV GPS does. The Garmin Dezl does in truck mode but not RV mode - but truck mode will route the RV just was well. The Garmin has traffic routing, the Rand McN does not. I bought the Rand McN before the Garmin RV came out and before I knew about the Dezl -I set it to avoid height clearances of less than 12 feet and it routed me onto a road that had a 7' 10" restriction. The Rand McN went back the next day. For now I am using the CoPilot GPS app until I see a GPS unit that will do it all for an RV (which CoPilot does).
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Just to complicate matters, there is the Garmin RV-760. Similar to the Dezl-760, except programed for RVs, including campgrounds
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
For RV use most of us have gone with the Dezl 560/760 LMT models. With 4 modes and the ability to customize to your RV specs make the Dezl hard to beat.