Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Millenicom replacement

WesL
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,

A few years ago I found some info on Millenicom on this forum and another forum. Millenicom offered a pretty good data plan with Verizon at a great deal. Over time they went up in price and finally Verizon cut them off and offered deals to their customers at a hefty price. This was good for me as a storm chaser but was still expensive.

Well last year Huntsville City Schools in Huntsville, AL started a big digital transition. They have got rid of textbooks and replaced them with laptops. All kids have a laptop now and they encountered another problem. Kids with no internet at home. So they partnered with Verizon and started a great deal where parents get a Verizon MiFi router at a good price.

Well earlier in August they opened their program to the general public. There is no geographic restriction for use or purchase. The MiFi router is included and the best news is it is UNLIMITED 4g LTE data over Verizon for only $47.75 a month.

I've used it all over the US including Chicago and Nashville within the last few weeks and I have had no issues with it at home.

If you are interested head to http://hsvwifi.com

Thanks again for all the great info in the past - hope you guys enjoy this service.

Wes
131 REPLIES 131

2paints
Explorer
Explorer
1492 posted about this earlier, anyone with any current thoughts on this? The website in his post was from 7 months, any info if they are still doing this?

Just a note to those who might want this service, Verizon changes the request headers for all sites and adds an X-UIDH on all mobile and hotspot devices for their network.
What does this mean? They are altering every website request being made, in the request header, and the X-UIDH is a uniquely identifying way to track users. This tracking removes any amount of anonymity that a user can have. With this info, it is possible that others can make tracking software that maps EVERYTHING you do via HTTP.
There is already a company doing this now, Turn. They basically look for webpage request with the X-UIDH tracking header and then send targeted ads after the advertiser wins an auction to do so.
When a user visits a website that contains Turn tracking code, the company holds an auction within milliseconds for advertisers to target that user. The highest bidder's ad instantly appears on the user's screen as the web page loads. Turn says it receives 2 million requests for online advertising placements per second.

MrWizard
thanks for the info link
sometimes it pays to look the gift horse in the mouth
the offer is on the level,
the catch is the data tracking

1492 wrote:
But, is there a catch? You decide? Verizon changes the request headers for all sites and adds an X-UIDH on all mobile and hotspot devices for their network.
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Omni link must be busy. We were customer 1822 and Chris and Cherie are 1837 in a very short period of time. I guess there is a serious risk of being an early adopter but there can also be huge rewards.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

radven
Explorer
Explorer
By the way - we followed up with OmniLynx and posted this article on RVMobileInternet.com earlier today:

Make sure you understand the risks of this plan and how quickly it could go away, especially after getting so much exposure in the RVing community.

- Chris & Cherie / RVMobileinternet & Technomadia
Chris & Cherie / Blog: Technomadia.com
Full-Time Technomads since 2006
RV: 1961 GM Bus Conversion Toad: 2009 MINI Cooper

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you want to use a referral code from someone you know you can use mine, 1822. The WiFi model being shipped is the 6620L and I am hoping mine shows up quickly!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

MrWizard
unlocked..

behave..

good offers dont come around very often

i could find nothing that indicates scam
the school web site is real and so is the news paper article on the original roll out plan for the school kids

Now how long Omni Lynx, Verizon and the school system can all stay partners and keep this low price, is anybodies guess, my crystal ball broke a long time ago

play nice ..no Flaming
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard
Temporary freeze.. until this is thoroughly researched Unlocked

*  The OmniLynxโ„ข Program offers access to free equipment upon establishment of new line(s) of wireless Internet service. Though no term contract is required to participate in the OmniLynxโ„ข Program, ownership of equipment does not transfer to a user until the first day of the thirteenth (13) month of consecutive service, per line. In the event of service line termination prior to the first day of the thirteenth (13) month of consecutive service, all equipment must be returned to the OmniLynxโ„ข Offices at 200 White Street, Huntsville, AL 35801.

The OmniLynxโ„ข Program offers access to an unlimited data plan that is not otherwise accessible by non-government users. Due to the potential for increased burden on network infrastructure during peak hours of utilization, the service provider reserves the full right to reduce data transfer speeds (commonly referred to as

The OmniLynxโ„ข Program reserves the right to deny provision of services or to terminate existing account services if and as deemed necessary for the benefit of the program. In the event that an existing line of service is terminated at the option of OmniLynxโ„ข, the unamortized (prorated) portion of all prepaid balance(s) will be promptly refunded to the user(s).
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
Lighten up guys. You can read posts and get advice without joining but you must join to post. I went and looked and it appears to be legit (also found nes articles about it)but it does include the following statement:

"The OmniLynxโ„ข Program offers access to an unlimited data plan that is not otherwise accessible by non-government users. Due to the potential for increased burden on network infrastructure during peak hours of utilization, the service provider reserves the full right to reduce data transfer speeds (commonly referred to as "throttling") as necessary."
I'm seriously considering changing to it and lowering my current data plan with Verizon.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The link appears to be legit. Google Huntsville Alabama schools.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
He mentions getting advice on this forum several years ago and he just joined today :h

I did go to the site - Omni Lynx - and it sounds legit but it also states:

The OmniLynxโ„ข Program offers access to an unlimited data plan that is not otherwise accessible by non-government users. Due to the potential for increased burden on network infrastructure during peak hours of utilization, the service provider reserves the full right to reduce data transfer speeds (commonly referred to as "throttling") as necessary.

So it is unlimited but subject to throttling.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

rfsod48
Explorer
Explorer
Is this legit? Good price if it is.
Roland,Linda and Matt Schwarz, LuLu, MoMo and Chewy
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N Catipillar C7
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4wd Drive II
Go Bucks!