cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

no streets and trips

rving4us
Explorer
Explorer
Was planning on updating my 2010 version of Streets and Trips and saw where Microsoft has discontinued S&T. Does anyone know of a good substitute to install on the computer.
Thanks
Cary
2014 Ram,4x4,dually,CC, Cummins, Aisin Trans, 4:10 rears
2011 Carriage Cameo37ks3,17.5 tires,disc brakes,full body paint.
12 REPLIES 12

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
wmoses wrote:
Could have sworn I made a reply to Bill.Satellite's post above but don't see it here.

Basically was agreeing with Bill and making the point that contruction data and new POIs would not be updated after support finally ends but after that there is no reason to stop using a perfectly functioning copy of the software, if nothing else but to be able to conveniently see where the end of day stops are.

Made other points in my post but if this one is going to also disappear am not going to invest any more effort in remembering what they were.

Wayne,
I have searched the deleted posts and there were no posts by you that have been deleted - at least this month as I didn't search farther back. Are you sure it was this thread that you made the post in? Perhaps it was in another thread someplace?

I think probably it was this post that you made a couple of days ago, in support of a quote from Bill, in a different thread.

Maybe the forum software had another "glitch" - which is not unusual around here! :R If you have more to add to this thread, I would encourage you to post it.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Could have sworn I made a reply to Bill.Satellite's post above but don't see it here.

Basically was agreeing with Bill and making the point that contruction data and new POIs would not be updated after support finally ends but after that there is no reason to stop using a perfectly functioning copy of the software, if nothing else but to be able to conveniently see where the end of day stops are.

Made other points in my post but if this one is going to also disappear am not going to invest any more effort in remembering what they were.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

tessa25
Explorer
Explorer
I have S&T, but for some reason I'm planning my latest trip using Google maps. I am putting in tons of POI icons for gas, rest areas, campgrounds, Walmarts and then I can download it to my phone. The reason is that I can search for specific things using Google maps, click on an icon and save it to a personalized map.
Palomino Gazelle G150

jimhaz2402
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I've tried both and prefer Delorme Street Atlas. Just personal preference.

Or if you're using a Nuvi you can download and install Basecamp from Garmin. I don't care for the interface that much but it has some advantages like you can transfer your route directly to your Nuvi, provided of course that you have that feature in your Nuvi.

X2 for Street Atlas. jim

msgtord
Explorer
Explorer
kgarrett9999 wrote:
I have 2010 and 2013 S&T. I don't like the interface for 2013. They changed icon sizes and colors etc, and I just don't like it so I still use my 2010 version. No real difference in the two except an updated road database which for the way I use the software is really not relevant. I plan the overall trip which primarily uses Interstates and major highways then depend on my GPS for detailed up-to-date local directions when actually traveling.
Personally I wouldn't waste the $$ on 2013 S&T.

Thanks. You just saved me some bucks! I just went online and was prepared to upgrade.
1995 Fleetwood Mallard 22B.
2014 Ford F250 Crew Cab. 6.2, 4x4.

kgarrett9999
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2010 and 2013 S&T. I don't like the interface for 2013. They changed icon sizes and colors etc, and I just don't like it so I still use my 2010 version. No real difference in the two except an updated road database which for the way I use the software is really not relevant. I plan the overall trip which primarily uses Interstates and major highways then depend on my GPS for detailed up-to-date local directions when actually traveling.
Personally I wouldn't waste the $$ on 2013 S&T.

Explorer
Explorer
DeLorme Street Atlas - on a laptop with the GPS receiver you can speak to the software and it will answer questions about where you are, what the next turn is, etc. Much better in our experience than MS S and T and we tried them both.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Delorme product either Street Atlas or TOPO MAPS.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Yep, get 2013 and use it for years to come. Even 2015 is likely not an end of life. How often you do think they build a new road of any significance?
The RV POI's will continue to be updated by outside sources "forever".

x2

to the OP: Go on ebay and buy a copy of 2013 for yourself, don't pay more than $15-20 for it.

Eventually Microsoft will find some way to stop us using the program, but it won't be in 2015. The "construction info" feature never seemed very accurate or useful to begin with and that's the only update the program gets from Microsoft that I'm aware of.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep, get 2013 and use it for years to come. Even 2015 is likely not an end of life. How often you do think they build a new road of any significance?
The RV POI's will continue to be updated by outside sources "forever".
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've tried both and prefer Delorme Street Atlas. Just personal preference.

Or if you're using a Nuvi you can download and install Basecamp from Garmin. I don't care for the interface that much but it has some advantages like you can transfer your route directly to your Nuvi, provided of course that you have that feature in your Nuvi.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would get the latest version (2013) and live with it until 2015.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker