cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opening a PHP file?

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
A friend emailed me a chart and I can't open it. It has a PHP extension. I tried notepad and just go lines of code with a few words sprinkled here and there. Is there a good free download to open this?
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System
11 REPLIES 11

You won't be able to read a graphic chart embedded in a PHP file. Print the web based chart or page in a PDF format from the browser, and have it resent to you.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Finally Time wrote:
Gee, thanks "Executive." I would have never thought of using an internet search to find information. Generally I don't use Google because their search results are listed in the order of who paid them the most to appear first.
Yes, before posting here, I did search and found about a dozen programs to open and read a PHP. I did try opening from the file menu but it wanted to know what program I wanted to use to open it.

Thank you DiskDoctr I will add Fireshot. I sounds like it would be handy.

My question is Does anyone know of a good free download to open and read this PHP attachment to an email?

Just so you know, only the right hand and first couple at the top are pay per click and pretty obvious if you look. Below the top couple they are listed in order of the algorithm that Google uses to rank pages.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Per the link below NOTEPAD may be able to open it, however you may not be able to understand what is in it that way.

Programs that can open a PHP file

This is why I like to send maps, charts, and other graphic documents in a well understood format like JPG or PDF.. Most all devices can open one or the other of those.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
google: how to read php file
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bwanshoom
Explorer
Explorer
As others have noted, PHP files are not meant to be read by the client, they run on a server. If it truly is a PHP file then ask your friend to try saving it another way because no matter what you do you won't get your chart.

When you said "I tried notepad and just go lines of code with a few words sprinkled here and there." did it look something like this?
2010 Cougar 322 QBS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LMM CC/SB 4x4 LTZ
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Gee, thanks "Executive." I would have never thought of using an internet search to find information. Generally I don't use Google because their search results are listed in the order of who paid them the most to appear first.
Yes, before posting here, I did search and found about a dozen programs to open and read a PHP. I did try opening from the file menu but it wanted to know what program I wanted to use to open it.

Thank you DiskDoctr I will add Fireshot. I sounds like it would be handy.

My question is Does anyone know of a good free download to open and read this PHP attachment to an email?
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

mrekim
Explorer
Explorer
Is the file supposed to be an image - like a jpg. Try changing the extension of the file from php to jpg.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
PHP is often used for generated on the fly pages. An easy solution for grabbing anything on a page, including flash, etc (still frame) is an addon for Firefox called Fireshot.

Captain_Obvious
Explorer
Explorer
Notepad++ is my editor of choice, but you won't see anything different. A PHP file is a program meant to be run on a webserver. It produces a webpage when properly run. Its likely that your file needs to be renamed or redownloaded.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Click below:....Dennis

PHP file
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Try opening it from the "File" menu in your browser.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate