cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

outdoor movie screen

huskyfan1968
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a cheap solution for the weekend (last minute camping trip)- to show outdoor movie- Looking for suggestions for a screen. Painters tarps seem wrinkly..... I was searching web and see that "white seamless paper" works- but nearest place that sells it in NY City- any other suggestions? (I also saw projector paint) but cannot find anyone that sells it
12 REPLIES 12

MudTJ
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.amazon.com/Airblown-Inflatable-Widescreen-Deluxe-Outdoor/dp/B00149GKUU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3

I have that one found it at Walmart online.
2003 Dodge Ram 3500
2011 Northstar 850SCXB
1998 Jeep TJ

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Just FYI: Woot.com has projectors on sale TODAY!

Woot
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Explorer
Explorer
docnascar wrote:
mileshuff wrote:
What are you all using for a projector? We have one at my work for presentations but they are very expensive!!

Don't know, but was intrigued and seen this... Good luck.

http://budget-micro-projectors-review.toptenreviews.com/

The resolution and brightness on these are low for movies blown up to screen size. These are good for Powerpoint presentations in an office or small conference room.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

wittmeba
Explorer
Explorer
We spent an extended weekend at Lake Anna, Va and our nephew brought a projector - no screen. Our two sons and he slept outside under the awning. They pointed the projector at the underside of the awning and watch 2 DVD Movies. Had a great time.
NRA Member & supporter of the 2nd amendment - over 5,000,000 strong

Firefoxยฎ 33

Log home images - Updated 05/19/2013

mepboat
Explorer
Explorer
We recently camped next to some people who had the blow up screen and a projector hooked to their blue ray player. They said the screen was purchased through the magazine "sky mall" they picked up during a flight on a commercial airline. It worked well but have to say the picture is never as clear as an LED or LCD screen. The other consideration is for the speakers. You really need more than the projectors small ones. Good Luck and enjoy the show.

bobsue2
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered one of these years ago for watching the Super Bowl, movie nights, etc.....it works great...no complaints...GL

Screen
2013 Key Largo
12 MegaCab 3500 DRW 4x4 18k Superslide 19.5 Michelin LDX-2

phemens
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 20' x 15' white tarp that is doubled up (2 tarps) to minimize bleed. I string it up using clothesline wire looped through the grommets and the bottoms are secured with bungees. This summer I painted it with matte white paint.
I use the home Optoma 1080p projector with it, hooked up to a laptop. It is spectacular and stops all the traffic!
2012 Dutchman Denali 324LBS behind a 2006 Ford F-250 V10 out of Montreal
1 DW, 1 DD, 1 DS, 2 HD (Hyper Dogs)
1200w solar, 600AH LIFePO4, Yamaha EF2000 gen, Samlex 3000w Inverter

docnascar
Explorer
Explorer
mileshuff wrote:
What are you all using for a projector? We have one at my work for presentations but they are very expensive!!

Don't know, but was intrigued and seen this... Good luck.

http://budget-micro-projectors-review.toptenreviews.com/
Tow Vehicle
2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
6.0L gas. Double Cab

Travel Trailer
2020 Grand Design 2400BH

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Yep - we use a white or off-white sheet. We have used all sorts of sizes, but find that a queen works best for us.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
My brother shows movies all the time around his campfire. He has a white kingsize sheet for the purpose. He has been doing it for years.

Good luck and Enjoy!

Diplomat_St_Poo
Explorer
Explorer
We have used the throw away plastic table cloth. As well as a white bed sheet. Both worked fine.

The end panel in our portable pop-up works well as well.
2005 GB Cruise Air XL DP
3 slides, 350 Cat
2002 Ford Explorer, drag along
3 Standard Poodles 1 Mini Poodle
Vancouver Island BC, Canada