Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Printer Recommendations

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone,

My husband and I are about to start our full-time journey and we are wondering what to do about a printer for our motor home. We want a really small printer that works well. We saw one in Best Buy, it was an HP Officejet Mobile Printer,model OJ100.

Does anyone use this? If yes, what is your opinion.

Can anyone recommend something else?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Leslie
Stuart & Leslie Offer

2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45-Caspian IV, Cummins ISX 600. 2014 Jeep Cherokee limited,Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full timing since June 1, 2014
21 REPLIES 21

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a true sine but use a Canon Ink Jet (MG class)... There used to be a few compact printers on the market, I think Kodak still sells one but not sure.

My Canon is a full size multi-function (Printer/Scanner/Copier) it does everything save Fax and of course can do that with a bit of assistance from a computer. I have a table I built to hold my "Navi-comp" (This laptop when traveling and runnign Windows S&T) the printer sits atop it with a strap to keep it from slipping off if I make a sudden change of movement.

Works well, a non-slip pad atop the printer and it holds the computer as well

The table is a touch overbuilt, but hey,, It was made from scraps on hand.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Canon MG4100 fits in our closet and I bought an ink refill kit. It scans and copies which has been very handy. It also has Wi-Fi capability so I can access it without cables and my wife can use her tablet as well. It lives there and does not need to be removed to be use. Very handy an convenient.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
HP Deskjet D1500 series from Walmart. Fits on a shelf in our closet until I need it.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just purchased a Canon iP100 from Canon. It was a refurbished unit and was priced pretty low with free print in. It works well for routine tasks. I haven't tried it for photos as I have a good photo printer for photos. I bought the iP100 for use when we are on the road.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Check out the Canon iP100.

I needed portability and convenience. This printer is very small and the big bonus is that it is also battery operated.
So you can print anywhere, with or without shore power.

For my work I do a lot of "blueprinting" of houses. I show up at the house, take a bunch of pictures, launch the laptop, run them through the old MS Photo Editor to edge the photos, print them from the front seat of my truck, and then go measure the house and write down all the dimensions right on the pics I just edited and printed.

Very slick little printer. I love it!

With the battery attached, it measures 12 3/4" X 8" X 2 1/2"
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Check on how much ink it uses and cost of same. And check reviews online.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

My guess is that your RV will have a modified sign wave inverter, and any ink jet printer will work fine, including what you showed. However a laser printer should only be run from a generator, shore power or pure sign wave inverter.

When the RV is parked in a really warm area, the ink might dry out. Make sure that you take time to print something in color every 2-4 weeks. It can be difficult while full timing, but if you do not keep using it every once in a while, the ink in the print head can start to dry out, and might require cleaning or purging to make it print right again.

Another thought. There is no Office Depot or Costco near the National Parks. If you have a habit of printing photos, they will use a LOT of ink, and require frequent changes of ink cartridges. So you might want to pick up 2 refills of each color before hitting the road.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com