RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Travelling with Bear Spray

I am heading out on a trip where we will be camping with our new Hybrid TT in the Adirondack and Laurentian Mountains. Normally when we tent camped or hiked in Central and Northern Ontario I would always carry Bear Spray, just in case. On this trip...

Towing a 2000 Chevy Tracker

I have sent a private message to someone after reading through the towing section here. But we are still wondering and when speaking with mechanic that will be putting the base plate on our tracker so we can tow it with a tow bar behind our motorhom...

Burwoods by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Answering a reoccurring question! IMHO(Old RV's)

My wife and I have always been campers, even on our honeymoon, and after 44 years, we are still at it, but slowed by age and physical problems. We started with several different tents. We took our first child tenting with us. In Yellowstone, other ca...

WA7NDD by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel Trailer Buying Advice?

Hey everyone! I’m new here but I’m hoping to buy a travel trailer sometime soon. I’ve been doing a lot of research and actually started a site about them to force me to learn, ha.I’m doing an expert roundup on the site and I think many travel trailer...

New TT - have some questions

We're finally de-winterizing our new Eco Camp 19WQ today and planning to spend the night at Camp Driveway to get all systems figured out. Have a couple questions...Regarding the water heater (Suburban SW6DEL)...When we go to light it, which switches ...

As request pics of our new to us RV

We gave them the cheque last night. Be a few weeks before all is done and on the road, but she is ours. I have no idea if I am posting pictures properly, if they are the right size so on, but here goes. This could be a big failure and sorry to any...

Burwoods by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

acu-gage sensors

None of the lights on my sensors work . The water pump runs when I turn it on but no light to indicate it is on. Anyone come across this problem >? Thanks . Rod .

rodreid by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Buying an RV through a dealer or private seller?

Is there a preference among you guys? I have noticed Rv's are definately cheaper from a private seller, but then you wonder if everything has been checked and if they're being honest about stuff. But dealers have WAY less of a selection of used RV's ...

Pull your hot water rod after every trip?

Had a friend advise that its best to pull the rod out of the hot water heater panel after every trip to train the hot water heater. Mine is hard to get to, and tough to do. I don't ever remember seeing any family members do this with their rigs, but ...

Going to stick with DirecTV in the Fiver

Okay after much pondering I have decided to stick with DirecTV in my new Fiver. Yesterday I even setup my install and everything. It occurred to me this morning that my current setup in my apartment brings it into my home with a dual (2 Wire) coax ca...

yolo6886 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Many Thanks to All

If your reading this, it's very likely you've made a post that has helped or will help a Fellow RV'er like myself and I just wanted to say Thank YouI just purchased my 1st Rv 5 days ago and and this forum has been invaluable to me, because even thou...

Mbrown by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

50am cord to 30amp cord?

My toy hauler uses 50amp service however I have a 30amp adapter as well as a 30' 30amp cord from my old trailer. Where I store my trailer I have both 50 and 30 amp service however my stock 50amp cord is not long enough to reach from the front of my ...

jtaubrey by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Would love some audio suggestions

Newest of newbies here - have had our 1992 Jayco since last fall and just now gearing up for our first big trip.Have an OK 19" TV in our coach but sound is pretty weak. Not really interested in spending a ton of money on a sound system but really wa...

Sanukli by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm gonna be unkind

I had never been in any rv type vehicle when I bought my used Springdale. But before I even "plugged" it in I had read every single manual, instruction book and chart I could get my hands on. If I was unclear I asked for help. But sometimes I get fru...

Cuffs054 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes