RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Buying in CA and registering in AZ - Taxes?

I saw another post where someone asked a similar question, but didn't exactly answer my question. I am really looking at buying a travel trailer in California from a dealer. My question is, am I going to get charged for taxes in both states? I know t...

open lot parking in Washinton DC

We're taking off on our first real trip in a 22' MH and wanted to spend a day in DC before heading further south. Does anyone know of an outside parking lot with easy access to the major attractions. An address for gps would be so helpful. Thank you...

rvit by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh water holding tank overflow HELP please

I am new to RVing, am getting ready to go camping tomorrow morning. I filled the fresh water holding tank this evening. I ran the hose pretty fast and my tank overflowed. How can that be? I thought the water system was a closed system other than putt...

Need Advice: new female member, changing camping habits

I am a recent widow (as of Sept. 2013) and need some input for changing my camping/traveling style. I drive my 2005 Scion xB and my husband's 2007 Honda CR-V, which have maximum towing capacities of 1500 pounds.I currently have a Time Out motorcycle...

Rochelle by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

DYI project

I'm looking at an old pop-up to refurbish, or taking an old pop-up foundation and building out my own concept. The question I have is if anyone can recommend an online retailer where I can get the majority of the parts I would be needing for the exte...

Installing Whole Trailer surge suppressor

I have a 2002 Seahawk that is prewired for a generator and has a 50 Amp automatic transfer switch in the front basement compartment. With 2 Leads going back to the circuit panel in the bag of the rig So the front compartment is where I should install...

Fire19 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Jensen TV's

I have recently purchased a fifth wheel trailer and need to replace the TV....is it essential to purchase a Jensen for RV's or can I go out and buy the most economical I can find?

Single traveler

So in 2 short months I will be trying out a Thor Axis motor home for a weekend. A friend and his family will be camping out with me. They are experienced campers and will help me with setup and anything else. If I indeed do buy a motor home I was ...

Use of Trailer Brakes (tekonsha voyager)

Just towed for the first time this year (had to move the trailer so I could have 13 trees taken out from around my house). I have a question regarding the tweaking of the trailer brake controller. I've noticed that when I'm traveling the highway I ...

Leaking RV Water Faucet

My water faucet where it connects to the camper leaks no matter what hose I attach to it. I also bought some sort of male/female thingy which attached to the hose hook up on camper so now I hook the hose to that but where the male/female thingy atta...

What do you use as a Toolbox in your camper?

What do you use as a toolbox that you keep in/with your camper? Something that holds/organizes stuff like screwdrivers/hammer/pliers/spare bulbs/fuses/etc, that doesn't take up a lot of room in the pass through storage areas and that is heavy duty p...

peajay by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Can You drain coach batteries while driving?

I know that the coach batteries charge slowly so is it possible to actually be draining them faster than you are charging them when you are driving to your next destination?

rvit by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Holy smokes! Visit to the scale was a shocker!

Today was the big day. Put it on the scales to find out if a 3/4 would do the job with a little margin. Registration, specs, and everything else I could find says it weighs 11000 empty.....With two Harley's, maybe 1/2 tank of water, 1/2 tank of gre...

Scooters

I've seen many posts talking about the cars that people tow. I was thinking of getting a hitch carrier and using a scooter to get around. Opinions? Good idea? Bad idea?

New to RVing..

Comparing a 2007 Four Winds 5000 29R & 2007 Four Winds 5000 28A, both units have low miles (3700 / 11200) on them. The 28A is Ford platform vs 29R Chevy platform. Can I go wrong with either one, or is it just a personal preference? The Chevy has 2 sl...