Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waiting on my Canuck Brother to join

Jeff_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
So Bro...Are you here yet?
I hope the rest of you here dont mind my indulging a personal Welcome to my newly found long lost brother.
16 REPLIES 16

Jeff_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool Andymon!!
Yep Openspces....Its always better to walk away from the pile rather than sitting in it.
I always tell my Chicken little sky is falling daughter that things will always be as Ok as we make it.She is at University now living from crisis to crisis. LOL We are there for her always.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
You guys are choking me up just reading the different stories. I fortunately had a good family life and am trying hard to do the same for my children. Hopefully you are all able to make the best of what you have and have fun catching up on everything.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
:C
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff Canuck wrote:
Different "mothers" but not only are we blood,We are more than that.
Funny thing about family is we both felt we had none for many years due to the usual dysfunction many experience. My so called blood family was not much of a family for both of us.
Now my family is my wife daughter and brother. No more than that is required.
Head space eviction is healthy as we get older.

Almost like my story. My brother, sister and I were all separated when I was 4. I was the oldest and my brother next at 3 and then my sister at 2. I always knew where my sister was and more or less knew her throughout my life. Not so for my brother. When we finally found each other it was like we had never been apart. Even though we are now miles apart we still keep in contact...not enough though. I think I'll go call him today. I'm 62, he's 61 and my sister is 60.
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon

Jeff_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
Different "mothers" but not only are we blood,We are more than that.
Funny thing about family is we both felt we had none for many years due to the usual dysfunction many experience. My so called blood family was not much of a family for both of us.
Now my family is my wife daughter and brother. No more than that is required.
Head space eviction is healthy as we get older.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are we talking a brother from another mother? As in how old is your grandmother? LOL

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
tbred wrote:
So is it a fluke that you are both rv'ers?

That's great! Will be nice to have a way to meet up!

Jeff_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
rseymour21 wrote:
Nice story to hear! Happy for Yall

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
Nice story to hear! Happy for Yall
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

Jeff_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to us two old guys each having Ipads we message each other often now.
Im 56 He is 63.

Jeff_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to RVing but my brother who is an excellent mechanic bought a 1995 Class c for 3000
He camps alot near Campbell River BC
My wife and I are going to get a Class A to travel but also temporarily live in when we make our move.

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
So is it a fluke that you are both rv'ers?

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I always get such a warm feeling in my heart when I hear of family connecting after years have passed. A lot of times family become disconnected through no fault of their own. Treasure each moment.

Jeff_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
Yep Several months ago we connected after about 34 years.
We were both the proud recipients of dysfunctional parents.
A common thing for most people but sure is good for two old brothers to finally be able to compare grey hair. LOL