cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waxing a toilet?

mattbaxter
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought our first RV, a class B. The fellow at the dealer giving us an orientation to the vehicle recommended putting car wax on the inside of the toilet to help prevent "sticking." I've searched around the web but I couldn't find any chatter on this topic, so I'm hoping to find wise words here before we take our first trip next week. Thanks!
42 REPLIES 42

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
If you wax the black water discharge pipe, you'll never have a clog and you can launch a poo fountain farther than the camp's Wi-Fi will reach.

OMG, y'all are killing me! See, this is what happens in the middle of a cold, wet winter~
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Never heard of such a practice! We keep a toilet brush beside the toilet. We have a hard and fast rule for the camper... you use it, you brush it... immediately! This works. No need for wax.

That is exactly what we did. We bought a round brush that just fit the hole.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
we keep a jug of water for such purposes but I like the toilet paper lining thing...must try that.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you buys are only waxing the inside of the bowl and not the seat, I would hate to have to go get the wife out from the shower after she skidded of the seat and launched into the shower.

Of course being well waxed she might ricochet of the walls before reaching the shower stall.

navegator

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Or take a small wad of TP and wipe skid marks off of bowl as you flush.

OMG, OB, glad I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read that! "Skid marks" are more hysterical than the term "turd trail" that I am used to!

My rule is "flush as it drops",

HUGE waste of water.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
Cmon, I thought that was what finger nails were for.:E
Full timing it since July 2012

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Never heard of such a practice! We keep a toilet brush beside the toilet. We have a hard and fast rule for the camper... you use it, you brush it... immediately! This works. No need for wax.

X2, I thought that was the purpose of a toilet brush, for cleaning the toilet!

The brush and it's little holder cup fit nicely behind the throne
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
If you wax the black water discharge pipe, you'll never have a clog and you can launch a poo fountain farther than the camp's Wi-Fi will reach.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Artum Snowbird wrote:
We just use a spray bottle with a jet. It improves your pistol aim, and gives you some target practice without blowing holes in anything. We keep it handy all the time, loaded with a full magazine.

Amazing what we do for entertainment! This thread is now getting exiting!
Cabin fever, already? :B

RicJones
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say is wax on, wax off.

Don't you mean "Wax on, poop off"? :B

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Before doing my "business," I take 3 strips of toilet paper, each 2 sheets long, and place them covering the toilet bowl surface around the dump valve. Works for me.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
A toilet brush,who would have guessed.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Artum Snowbird wrote:
We just use a spray bottle with a jet. It improves your pistol aim, and gives you some target practice without blowing holes in anything. We keep it handy all the time, loaded with a full magazine.

Amazing what we do for entertainment! This thread is now getting exiting!

DonPd
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, waxing anything makes stuff not stick. That holds true for any sinks in the RV. I wax my sinks and they are easier to clean. My toilet has a porcelain bowl so I don't wax it.

All I can say is wax on, wax off.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, Automatic, Quad Cab, Shortbed.
2006 34' Mountaineer 328RLS, 5th Wheel Trailer.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel