cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

13. Days!!!

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Well our first trip of the year is in 13 days. I am getting things back in the TT in anticipation. Linens and towels are freshly laundered, kitchen pantry starting to fill up.
I was putting all the things into the bathroom when I came across some thinges I hadn't seen in a while..bug spray and sunscreen. I kept thinking how much I am looking forward to the season for camping. Normally, summer is not my favorite season but it has been a long cold winter.
My friend came over for coffee. Usually happy and cheerful news comes from her mouth. She looked down at the sunscreen and bug repellent and informed me rather abruptly...well, you won't be needing this! She had just checked the Weather for the weekend we have planned....
...10C or 50F. Now then, what a disappointment. Not that I was looking for hot, sweaty, air conditioning weather, but at least the first trip to have been about 20C or around 65F.
Here I am crying away about weather and our fellow Canadians in Calgary are to expect up to 30 centimeters or 12 inches of snow today.
Well the snow may come this way, if it does...out with the tent and we shall camp in the snow, we are use to that, not in the TT, LOL
5 REPLIES 5

raston
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Calgary and the snow is not near as bad as the media likes to make it sound, but it still puts a damper on 'the mood' if you know what I mean. I spent the day yesterday getting the 5th Wheel ready... batteries back in, propane in, hoses, BBQ, etc... Even in the snow I was feeling pretty good with anticipation.

We're heading out in 4 days for the first trip the season... CAN'T WAIT!!! Driving down to Montana, to the west side of Glacier Nat'l Park. I don't care what the weather is like, we're going ๐Ÿ™‚

Copper_Penny
Explorer
Explorer
don't know where you are in Ontario but just go for it. our first trip for this season is one week later than you and we are so looking forward to it, doesn't matter what the weather is like we are going, who cares we will be camping again, right.
Go, enjoy your trip.

Cheers

Denis, Linda, Jennifer & Monte (Shih-Poo)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat,6.5'box,4WD,5.4L, Max tow package,3.73 Gears,11,100 tow capacity.
2007 Kodiak 21QS Queen Bed solid rear slide,4000lbs,gvwr 6000lbs
Husky Weight Distribution Hitch.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I'de say go for it.

We are heading out today. Headed to Nashville then to New England for the summer.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure anyone can forecast the weather 13 days out anymore. I wouldn't worry...yet.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camp in the snow in a tent when you have a TT? That doesn't make much sense. ๐Ÿ™‚ 50 is ok, just chilly, and with a TT you can have a nice spot to go inside & warm up! I'd say go for it!

Besides which, how accurate is the weather really, for 13 days out? Stick with the plan. You've been waiting through a long, cold winter.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375