cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A request to all cell phone users (my rant for the day)

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please when you are sitting outside of your RV talking on your cell phone to Aunt Minnie, Uncle Jed or anyone else keep the tone down to as if the person was next to you.
The lady in the site across from us could have been heard a block away today as she shouted for about an hour, and it seems more and ,more people feel they must shout on them.
I could bring you completely up to date on what that ladys entire conversation was about.
Last week a guy next to us was giving out his credit number card to someone, and I could have written it down if I wanted to.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci
59 REPLIES 59

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
It's not about cell phones. It's all about having basic manners and consideration of those around you. Some don't and never will.
Jayco-noslide

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
Are you at an RV park where your neighbor is close by? Most campgrounds that we frequent we're a bit away from our neighbor.

My thought too, not like they were on anybody else site

I would not be upset by this
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I get annoyed due to loud conversation with some one talking on their cell phone I just start answering their question or make comments germane to the side of conversation I can hear.

Usually they walk farther away.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Maybe she should get a hearing aid compatible phone. My guess she is like a lot of us getting hard of hearing in our old age

No, its not like that ... she talks so much, she never let's you get a word in. Many times when she calls, I just put the phone down and let her ramble on for 10 minutes and she never knows I wasn't listening! And she never has the phone to her ear to hear if someone else is speaking. I think my mother is the only one I get loud on the phone with! ๐Ÿ˜‰

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe she should get a hearing aid compatible phone. My guess she is like a lot of us getting hard of hearing in our old age

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Well, if you've ever talked to MY MOTHER on a cell phone, you'd be yelling as loud as you can. She holds the phone in front of her mouth like a microphone so she can look directly into the phone. The ear is so far away from the phone and she rambles so much, even if she had the phone to her ear, you still couldn't get a word in. So I find myself yelling into the phone, "MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM! WOULD YOU PUT THE PHONE TO YOUR EAR! MOM! MOM! WOULD YOU SHUT UP A MINUTE! MOM! MOM!" Well, if your camped beside me ... I just have to say, "I'm sorry!"

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Are you at an RV park where your neighbor is close by? Most campgrounds that we frequent we're a bit away from our neighbor.

Kusani
Explorer
Explorer
Amandasgramma, great story, thanks for sharing. ๐Ÿ™‚

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ I was once "entertained" be a man at an airport while he was talking about his business on his cell phone. By the sounds of the conversation, his business was not doing well. When he was thru, I asked him what the name of his business was. He told me. I then asked him if his business was listed on the stock exchange. He said yes and I thanked him. He gave me a funny look and asked why I wanted to know. I said that because of his conversation he shared with us, I want to make sure I didn't have stock in his company..... LOL the look on his face was priceless. I believe in teaching experiences. I've also been known to respond when they talk too loud too close to me...LOL...like "oh, really?"....... that usually quietens them down.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what you should have done: Cell phone crashing

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
X1000 The problem is you can't fix stupid or change rude.

x2 You can't fix stupid or rude.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
X1000 The problem is you can't fix stupid or change rude.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
No different than someone with an outside entertainment system blasting their tv, screaming kids, cackling around the campfire, or any other of the "noise pollution" issues that occur during communal living situations. EVERYONE needs to be cognizant of their noise levels, not just one group.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Unfortunately it's a sign of the times.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it was a LONG distance call.

Seriously, I agree with you...happens all the time, everywhere. Two nights ago in the booth next to us at Olive Garden.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro