cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

And Texas Caves In

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
The last bastion of sanity has jumped on the "stay at home" bandwagon. They just sent me an email that they have closed all state parks to save the 1% who may die from the dreaded super virus. Texas was once a great state.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
767 REPLIES 767

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Epidemiologist: Coronavirus could be โ€˜exterminatedโ€™ if lockdowns were lifted

Good read. And from an epidemiologist too.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I am reminded by some of the tough comments of the Eskimo tribe that sets its elders adrift on a ice float when they no longer contribute much to the community. Freezing to death may actually be less painful than choking to death from Covid-19.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
1/3 of nursing home residents die each year COVID not withstanding. They are the one of the most likely places for people to die, probably only trailing Hospice facilities.

What's your point? That we give them a little push with the virus and shorten their stay from three years to two?

Those that advocate rocking and rolling ignore the fact that young rock and rollers can give the disease to their loving parents and grandparents, without even knowing that they are carriers. And I love Rock and Roll,

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
free radical wrote:
Lantley wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over.

Simple as that as those are the ones actually dying.

So far we haven't managed to do that very well. Lots of people dying in nursing homes.

I suspect the reason is,those places dont get any fresh air especialy in winter,just keep recirculating stale air full of viruses.

One person gets sick and many others catch it too.

Same thing hapened on those Cruise ships.

All AC ducts are conected,just like in the house heating systems.

one of my friends likes to go on cruise w his wife and he always complains how bad the air is in the cabin,
the air conditioners must have some mold growing in the ducts most likely

"Lots" of people dying in nursing homes is because lots of people in nursing homes are elderly and/or have underlying medical conditions which are exactly this virus' targets. Also, the ones with large death rates are the only ones making the news so it creates observation bias. My question is how many nursing homes are doing just fine with the proper precautions?
Before COVID the average stay in a nursing home, not counting those in the home for recovery care for things like a hip replacement, is less than 3 years. Since long term nursing care residents don't generally recover and return home that means 1/3 of nursing home residents die each year COVID not withstanding. They are the one of the most likely places for people to die, probably only trailing Hospice facilities.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"However in reality we are having lot of difficulty protecting the most vulnerable in nursing homes."

I agree and from what was mentioned at one of the Press Briefings by Dr Berx they are concentrating on protecting Nursing Homes.

So the reality is people need to be vERY cautious if coming in contact with the eldery especially those with underlying health conditions.

Beyond that use commonsense and ROCK and ROLL!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

jy
Explorer
Explorer
My beer tasted terrible through the mask.:D
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.

ExxWhy
Explorer
Explorer
UV might not be so good for the patrons.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Here is ,I think, a new thought for bars, restaurants and maybe others..... do those ultra violet or ozone machines kill this virus??? They work with my Cpac machine to kill 99% of germs in a few minutes. So could you use them in bars etc on a scale to kill the germs in the entire room? If this works there could be a monitor light outside indicating a clean environment and people could perhaps sit closer may still using the mask or something.
Just wondering...................
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad
Lantley wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over.

So far we haven't managed to do that very well. Lots of people dying in nursing homes.
There are thousands more not dieing in nursing homes.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
You realize that even with the most of of the country under restrictions, this thing has already killed more Americans in a month than traffic accidents do in a year. This is a highly infectious disease, you aren't just gambling with your own life.

Yeah..one has to wonder when these types will wake up to that fact.

We have the the me generation and now the its my rights generation that can't comprehend how their choosing to gamble life style affects us all.
Per CDC.... 3-7-'20 there were 20 COVID-19 deaths.
4-19-'20 there has been 40000 COVID-19 deaths in the USA.

If the dead had a wish it would probably be I wish I had stayed home....or I wish others had just stayed home.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Nursing homes demonstrate the foolishness of "Stay at home if you are scared" type of comments. "Nobody" stays at home more than nursing home residents. When Gomer and Buford come to visit Grandma, all bets are off if they have been partying with others who think it is all a hoax to embarrass the President.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
wnjj wrote:
free radical wrote:
Lantley wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

I suspect the reason is,those places dont get any fresh air especialy in winter,just keep recirculating stale air full of viruses.

one of my friends likes to go on cruise w his wife and he always complains how bad the air is in the cabin,

"Lots" of people dying in nursing homes is because lots of people in nursing homes are elderly and/or have underlying medical conditions which are exactly this virus' targets. Also, the ones with large death rates are the only ones making the news so it creates observation bias. My question is how many nursing homes are doing just fine with the proper precautions?

I imagine some nursing homes are surviving , but many are not.
In my area 4 nursing homes have big issues. We all have heard of Seattle's nursing home issue. THere are reports of nursing home issues in NJ and a lack of transparency and reporting when it comes to nursing homes
I was initially responding to:
Cummins12V98 post stating"Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over." Which seems simple enough.
However in reality we are having lot of difficulty protecting the most vulnerable in nursing homes.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
AJR wrote:
I do not like the thought of me being a "Domino". I would like to see my 78th birthday.

Is there something wrong with that?
Not at all. You may choose to take all the precautions you deem advisable. On the other hand, some folks don't think they're likely to become a "domino" and they should have the right to choose accordingly as well.

US mortality so far stands at 10.1 per 100,000 people (population), or about 1/100 of one percent. All the other noteworthy countries have a far higher mortality at this point (except, allegedly, China... their numbers are so low as to be not credible). Even if Covid-19 eventually were to kill ten times as many Americans as it has so far, the mortality would still be just 0.1% or 1 person out of 1,000.

As far as our Covid mortality percentage being so much lower than Spain, Italy, UK, etc, some might say it's because of our great health care system or our fast response, but I attribute it to the grace of God and prayer.

You realize that even with the most of of the country under restrictions, this thing has already killed more Americans in a month than traffic accidents do in a year. This is a highly infectious disease, you aren't just gambling with your own life.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
AJR wrote:
I do not like the thought of me being a "Domino". I would like to see my 78th birthday.

Is there something wrong with that?
Not at all. You may choose to take all the precautions you deem advisable. On the other hand, some folks don't think they're likely to become a "domino" and they should have the right to choose accordingly as well.

US mortality so far stands at 10.1 per 100,000 people (population), or about 1/100 of one percent. All the other noteworthy countries have a far higher mortality at this point (except, allegedly, China... their numbers are so low as to be not credible). Even if Covid-19 eventually were to kill ten times as many Americans as it has so far, the mortality would still be just 0.1% or 1 person out of 1,000.

As far as our Covid mortality percentage being so much lower than Spain, Italy, UK, etc, some might say it's because of our great health care system or our fast response, but I attribute it to the grace of God and prayer.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
free radical wrote:
Lantley wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote: