cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

anyone else not camping this weekend?

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years we've moved more towards staying home on the holiday weekend. Leave the spots for those who can't go any other time. So, sitting at the fire pit at the s&b, listening to the ballgame, got a beef roast smoking, and a couple of adult beverages. Life is good even when not camping! Anyone else home, and how are you spending the holiday weekend?
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
41 REPLIES 41

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Holidays and weekends is when I do other things (so as to avoid the noise/crowds).
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed home this weekend also. Camper in the yard, nephews and family at the lake house and Deb and I are home grilling and floating in the pool. No crowds!

Jim, I do the same as you. We always travel Christmas eve and Christmas morning. Have traveled miles on interstate without seeing another car.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Staying home, it is still too hot, and I leave the holiday weekends for the working people (too crowded for me). I like cool weather and quiet. ๐Ÿ™‚
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

travelzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't done any camping on holiday weekends since the last kid left home 35 years ago. To much traffic and crowded campgrounds. We usually get with close by relation and friends for the holidays now.

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
Staying home this weekend. Like M Go Blue, I avoid camping (or traveling) on the big holiday weekends. We've got two trips scheduled in September, one in October, then a 10 day trip in November and a 19 day trip in December to close out the season.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Since I retired, I make every effort to NOT be on the road or in a CG on holiday weekends. I can go any time, so no point in taking up a space from a weekender.
Here's a secret - If you want the road to yourself, travel on Christmas Day. But don't miss a chance to stop for gas. Everything is closed.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
we are also staying home. we will do a three day weekend next weekend. of course I am spending my days cleaning up the camper and doing general maintenance things. also will get some work done around the house.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
We avoid the three major holidays so we don't have to put up with the "seasonal" campers...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
We had reservations at the lake but canceled them, haven't been home much since memorial day weekend and was ready to be home. DH is working on the Toy Hauler.
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'

Desertboy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm home. Sold one of my truck campers today. After getting the Avion I didn't want the newer camper anymore. So I'm spending the day cleaning up a few trucks so I can sale them also. I want to by a new E350 van and convert it to a camper van. That's all I have planned for the weekend. I'm getting ready for the Highway. Soon as it cools off I will go spend some time in AZ, and maybe Cal.
1969 AVION
3/4 12 VALVE

Freightliner/24' Flatbed 50,000 miles/ Titan 4000 receiver Hitch, no Mods needed.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
We were to be but Monday brought a call of a death in the family so we put it off.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
We do the same to avoid long weekend traffic. So we are leaving on Tuesday for a 10+ day trip.