RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

GOOD SAM TRIP PLANNER

Good HOT evening.Are Rand McNally and the GS Trip Planner still available?If so, which model Rand McNally gps?Is anyone using this setup?What are your pros and cons?I like the idea of being able to create a trip, fine tune the route you want to take,...

grab handle

The handle you grab to go up the steps into the trailer is very loose. Two of the screws are coming out. It doesn't do any good to tighten them as they seem to be stripped. Any ideas as to how to tighten them. Someone here said try "lock-tight," ...

salem by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

(Update 3 years later) OC lose up to 2500 RV Storage Spaces

7-13-2018 Update -I am resurrecting this old thread to update everyone on the impact of the closure of El Toro RV Storage has had on the industry.While it took quite a bit longer for the actual closure of El Toro to happen, it did in fact close in 20...

2bzy2c by Explorer II
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing

I have a 2018 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 liter Hemi with a tow rating of 15,563 lbs. My question is I am looking at a 5th wheel that has a gross weight of 15,500 and the dry weight is 13,469. Would this be something I can tow? Also too this 5ver has a hit...

Ray_T_07 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Jeep brake lights not working/Blue Ox system

We’re in a very remote area with limited access to si-fi. I searched the forums but couldn’t find the answer to what is probably a simple issue.We have a Sunseeker motorhome, towing a 2012 Jeep Erangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox system. Never had a prob...

reinita by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Ground clearance for dinghy

I have bought a 38ft Georgetown MH and am searching for a dinghy to buy in the next several months. I know I want something to tow "four down", but haven't decided what yet. It seems the most reasonable prices options like Ford Fiesta and Ford Focus ...

New Lighting

I can't get a good picture so no pics.I bought a bunch of foam pool floats. Split them lengthwise with a razor knife and ran rope lights through them. It's a 30 foot glowing colored tube. I put them on top of our fencing. They look really cool. You c...

Looks like 30psi ought to be plenty good for towing

Well not really, but no wonder there is so much confusion on the topic!I have a 2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL with the factory tow package. I'm getting things set up to tow a 2019 Jayco X23E, which is around 6000lbs ready to travel. I don't know the tongu...

RV Property tax?

One of our fellow RV'ers told me he is being charged a property tax on his trailer that is parked at a private RV park here in NC. It's not tagged or titled in NC, it's from Georgia but they still tax it as property. Do other states do this too?

Driving 10km slower for gas mileage

OK so i am about to embark on my vacation in to BC, Canada from albera here come the weekend.Looking at gas buddy im looking around 1.40 to 1.52 per liter or close to 6 a gallon for my US people on here.I am wondering would a difference of driving 90...

Weigh scales - do I need to stop?

I've found this question asked a number of times all over the web, but the answers are usually dated and vague.I live in Manitoba, Canada and will be traveling to Mesa Arizona on a trip with my dad to drop off his camper. I drive a 2015 F350 CCLB SRW...

Blk88GT by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes