RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

WHD...HELP!!

Please pardon my lack of knowledge on this type of hitch, but I come humbly hat in hand seeking sage advise so I don't make the wrong decision.I have a series of questions, and I have to ask them one at a time to avoid clouding my head with massive a...

I want to see the signs. Where are the Pics

Do you put out a sign telling the world who you are? I would like to see the unique ways this is done. This is how we do it.PVC flag contraption that spins in the wind. The counter weight is our trailer made from wood and a glued on Pic. Other side ...

Good News/Fun News- what's your story?

We're hosting at Escalante Petrified Forrest State Park in Escalante, Utah and love it here. We're a small campground with 22 sites, 7 with W&E. Also, we can accommodate 5 or more in a no hookup overflow area. A young traveller from Germany explor...

Making sure I have this right?

We are putting a RV box on the outside of my garage. Box has 50 amp, 30 amp, and two 20 amp outlets. I need a double pole 50 amp breaker in the fuse box inside, correct? This supplies two 120 volt lines to RV box. Which is 240v. But my in laws MH, wh...

srt20 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Where not to picnic GSMP

See the craziest things, sometmes:Great Smokey National Park, is the most visited National Park, free to the public.Right on the Gatlinburg side, is a visitor center (info, maps, picnic tables, trails, etc…) before going into the park. Across the s...

Ambience of a campfire

The ambience of a campfire. The park just put in a new campfire ring. Quick before somebody pulls in and hooks up their sewer.

path1 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Master Tow dolly problems

Just wondering if anyone else has had the problems I've experienced with my Master Tow 80THD. I purchase this dolly about 6 years ago and have had nothing but problems with it. Excessive tire wear (Third set in 14,000 miles). Light connectors under t...

Dicor equivalent?

Here I am in paradise (Oahu) and no Dicor to be found. I'm driving a friend's Izuzu and it's raining in the cargo area. I suspect the water is entering thru the roof rack attachments but there is no way I'm going to remove them. My buddy is not an RV...

Faded Paint on Crossroads Cruiser Aire

We purchased a new 2013 Crossroads Cruiser Aire and 2 years later have front cap paint fade. I have contacted Crossroads and they refuse to repair the trailer because it is out of warranty. This has been a noted problem and I have been told by two de...

BarPat by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Evasive Maneuvers when towing

I have been travel trailering for several years now. I always try to think of what to do in certain situations on the road. I have always tried to remember certain key things when towing. (1) I cant stop on a dime. (2) I cant swerve too hard. (3)...

My 2014 Honda CR-V ..

I have an issue with my CR-V and my Doran TPMS system. I have the Doran 360 Rv for 10 wheels. 6 for the MH and 4 for the toad. The valve stems on my CR-V are rubber and are short. I f you are familiar with the Doran senders ( see attached the item on...

edstep by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Idaho State Park Hosting

Has anyone camp/park hosted at Heyburn State Park in Idaho? We'd appreciate any info you could provide. We love Idaho parks and although we haven't been to Heyburn it looks very interesting.

1146 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

You just cannot fix stupid

One has to wonder why it is that people either ignore signage or figure it's just not really dangerous...right honey?Last week it was video of people in contact with a mom black bear and her cubs, in Yellowstone. The fact that no one was mauled was p...