RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Awning Roller Tube Trapping Water

I have had my Keystone Bullet Premier TT for about 4 1/2 years now. Last year I noticed that whenever I opened my electric awning after storing for a few weeks, water pours out of the roller tube. Apparently when it rains, water gets trapped in it wh...

jasoncw by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Jeep towing

Hi all,I have just bought an '02 Wrangler Sport. I am looking at installing a towing arrangement on the front bumper. The question I have, has anyone ever used a Curt Tow Bar Safety Chain Bracket on their vehicle?I have a tow bar from my Bronco II. T...

Seeking solutions for storage situation

In my minivan, the passenger seat and seatwell are a major percentage of my available storage space.But having a bunch of stuff piled in there looks so messy. I have things in bags, but some things still end up tossed on top and crammed into gaps.I d...

Naio by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Sway control threads not bottoming out

I just picked up a new friction sway control for my trailer. The instructions say that the on/off bar or handle should be turned until the threads bottom out. I take this to mean that the threads are screwed all the way in. I have about 1/4 inch of t...

bbells by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

A trip without our coach.... never again!

Just returned from an 8 day vacation to Hawaii which was a little beyond the capabilities of our Class C and all I can say is "Never again!" Don't get me wrong, we had a blast. Our neighbors gave us their condo for a week so our costs were limited ...

RV Rental With Driver? Possible?

I promise, I'm not as full of myself as this makes it sound. My wife and I both really hate to fly. We're going to need to get (only one-way) from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale next year. Amtrak gets REALLY expensive when you get sleeping quarters, a...

Sleep Revolution 8" Sport Memory Foam Mattress

Does anyone have a Sleep Revolution 8" Sport Memory Foam Mattress with Celliant Sleep Technology? If so what is the true overall thickness of the mattress and how do you like it. The mattress is advertised as have 4" of high density foam and 2" of me...

NEOK by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Steam cleaning outside of an RV

Here in California everyone is water rationing right now. The park we're at has an RV wash vendor, but he uses a steam device. I tried looking these up to see if they might hurt the paint job on our 10 year old, always babied Newmar, but get mixed ...

Louisa by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Covers cont...

I was reading the other thread about covers and was wondering if anyone has ever questioned covers causing tire damage. The photo below is a relatively new set of ADCO covers (two months or so) on a new set of Goodyear 614s. There is a noticeable bro...

SH by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Bed Chairs

I recently donated blood in a blood donation center bus. The bus had bed like chairs to sit in while donating blood. The comfortable chairs got me thinking. Wouldn't it be nice if RV's had these types of beds that people could sleep in while still...

bigtent by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Sweetwater TX RV park

I am looking for a place to stay the night in the Sweetwater TX area. Some of the reviews I have read are less then desirable. Does anyone know of a place to stay there? Thanks

So my wife thinks-

I am overly obsessive about our two year old TT. She feels I am neglecting the house (not true, never have!!) We had a pop-up for twenty years, and I admit I was never watching over it. The TT is just a 16BH, I have enjoyed modding it, a lot of fun...

VTR by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Braking concerns

part of towing is being able to stop. not an expert by any means so need to ask. how far should it take me and my 8000 # brick in tow to stop ?? , I did inspect and adjust my brakes on the trailer, I know there engaging and working, but at what % eff...

g4sbrg by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

AAA TripTiks

I have a membership with AAA that goes back generations with my family. I am used to getting TripTiks and construction information before any of my lengthy trips. Last week I went in to get a TripTik from KY to FL that I will be leaving in two week...