RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bought used coach from General RV with some rot issues

Recently purchased a 2007 fiver from a General RV in Orange Park FL. Bought a "hitch to bumper" 2 year Cornerstone extended warrantee. Noticed small damage to masonite trim at the PDI, but was assured it was isolated damage and the coach was fully ch...

Issues hooking up fuse bypass on 2014 CR V

I got my 13" fuse bypass to hook up on my 2014 Honda CR V. While trying to connect the leads to the fuse block ( fuse 19) the ends keep slipping out of the fuse holder. I have tried it once to many times now the end broke off. The fuse box isnt in...

edstep by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda CR-V the night before???

There are many postings about the correct procedure to follow before towing the Honda CR-V. I have a slightly different question.I have always performed the gear shift routine right before departing with the motorhome. Would it be OK to do the setup...

How do you secure your gps?

We bought the Garmin 760rv...how do you secure you gps unit. Worth buying friction mount? I don't think the suction cup it came with will do the trick.Thanks.

would you do it ?

we have a 96 Fleetwood Bounder 36 ft motorhome with a tag axle on a Ford F53 Chassis. The motorhome & hitch are both rated to tow 3500 lbs. we also have a 2009 Ford Taurus that we would like to tow behind it. the Taurus weighs 3900 lbs. so my questio...

Antenna

well I hate to admit it but I know we're not the first.first time owners of a 2015 Outback. 13'2" tall. first time I managed to just twist the antenna up a little. a friend climbed up top and managed to twist back to basically its original shape.n...

Decal for 2005 Jayco Eagle

I'm looking for the Eagle decal that is in the front and sides of a 2005 Jayco Eagle. Manufacture only carries back to 2005. I wondered if anyone has found a vendor for these.

jayxot by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Continue camping or pet friendly hotels

My wife and I recently sold our diesel pusher motor home while we could still get some money for it. Our intention was to take some of the money and buy a brand new Montana fifthwheel. Now that the transaction is done, we are second guessing our next...

Hedgehog by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Minivan Rental

Ever See one of these?We've been seeing a lot of these around Utah this past month. Anyone ever been in one? They sound interesting.

locked in, again!

Well it happened to us again, but was a lot harder to resolve this time. The latch bar on ou Trimark loor lock broke, leaving us trapped inside the rv! With the help of the nice folks next door and the loanof a good drill, we were able to Finally e...

Johno02 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Wash-Wax-All

Curious is anyone uses this product and what your thoughts are? Also, if you do use it have you stopped applying either paste or liquid wax to your camper and rely on the fact that this is both a wash/wax in one. All reviews I have read on-line rav...

Cecilt by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Finding a great restaurant

We are planning our BIG trip starting next fall and one thing we love is food and tasting local fare. Is there a way you pick places to eat or do you just use old standbys. LOL Last summer we stopped for lunch in this cute little Mom and Pop place an...

Head assembly adjustment?

I had my hitch system replaced by my car dealership because of a recall. Now my popup trailer (Forest River HW277) has an eight degree slant forward and down. I will adjust my head assembly height to correct this problem. Besides making sure the bolt...

komodo by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes