cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigfoot Spotted?

BigBoy11
Explorer
Explorer
My DW and I spent 4 days camping at Ohiopyle State Park in SW PA at the Kentuck Campground. When we pulled our TT into our site, we noted that all of the surrounding campers were younger folks in tents which was odd as the area was usually TT's, 5'vers, Class A's, etc. We also noted they were all leaving their campsites frequently at night and sleeping all day in their tents. Then on the evening of the 21st, we noticed the young lady in the site next to ours laying out DVD's in a pattern on the picnic table and tying DVD's on a bright, pink ribbon hung from the lantern post and a glow ball on top. She also placed a large jar filled with apples in the middle of the table with an apple on the top of the lid. Finally she tied a game camera on a nearby tree, aimed at the table. We thought oh great, a witch is bringing in the Autumn solstice. I told my DW if we woke up the next morning to goats and chickens sacrificed, we were out of there!

My DW did not sleep well that night as she said she kept seeing flashes of light and hearing strange noises outside our TT. We then saw the girl next door showing the game camera to a park ranger and another camper. Then the camper came over into our campsite to show yet another camper the area where the camera had captured photos (the source of flashing lights that kept DW awake). When I went out and asked what was going on the the young man said we had a visitor in our campground that was 6 ft. tall and 400 lbs. I asked if it was a bear and he says no, it only had 2 legs! He finally claimed that is was a "small" Bigfoot and that they had photos of it peering around the tree right outside our TT back door! He then went on to tell us that the woods in the area had a Bigfoot family that was observed regularly and all the campers around us was there to observe them by attracting them with food hence the apples plus some doughnuts also placed on the picnic tables!

Needless to say, we were not amused and neither was the park management when we talked with them about the events as first of all, campers are not to attract animals with food left out and the park has quiet hours from 9 pm to 8 am. Plus, having folks run around campgrounds in the middle of the night with flashlights and cameras is a good way to have a real good confrontation! We are still laughing about the experience but thankful no one got hurt and to our knowledge, no Bigfoots were harmed in the process!
38 REPLIES 38

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
And DD says there are mermaids up where she lives ...so there
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Back in my college days (years actually), I lived in a house with three other guys and one's girlfriend. We all bartended at night. The girlfriend had a day job. Every morning she ran down the steps on her heels. Kinda like the sound a base drum makes. We called her 'Bigfoot', but she wasn't nearly as hairy. We did consider shooting her a few times. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

richardwise
Explorer
Explorer
My BIL has hunted for bigfoot at Salt Fork State Park in Ohio for years. Last time I had the mh there this summer there was a lot of uprooted trees through out the camp grounds. Rangers said it was damage from the severe storm the night before, but I smelled a cover up. Too much listening to my BIL stories I guess.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
BigBoy11 wrote:
When we pulled our TT into our site, we noted that all of the surrounding campers were younger folks in tents which was odd as the area was usually TT's, 5'vers, Class A's, etc.

We also noted they were all leaving their campsites frequently at night and sleeping all day in their tents.

Then on the evening of the 21st, we noticed the young lady in the site next to ours laying out DVD's in a pattern on the picnic table and tying DVD's on a bright, pink ribbon hung from the lantern post and a glow ball on top. She also placed a large jar filled with apples in the middle of the table with an apple on the top of the lid. Finally she tied a game camera on a nearby tree, aimed at the table.

It's common knowledge Dr. Timothy Leary's grandchildren reside in that area..:S

Ask the young lady for one of the "special" apples and YOU will also be seeing 400 lb hairy *RANGERS* in colorful outfits at night - and requiring lots of recovery time during the day..:W

BTW - bet the "game camera" captured some "games" alright ;).;).;)..... that aren't suitable for the Bigfoot *Family*!!

~

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
and another recent PA sighting

this shortly after a big foot calling contest, and it includes pictures...

That was an interesting thread. Yep, blurry pictures - I love it when they "zoom" in for detail, just making it more blurry, to prove what they claim. Then someone actually went back to the site and found the upturned tree roots that were mistaken for Bigfoot.

My first thought, as someone posted on that page, was bow hunters wearing ghillie camoflage suits.

Fun page to read, though!

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
and another recent PA sighting

this shortly after a big foot calling contest, and it includes pictures...
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Lincoln4
Explorer
Explorer
You can't take the Fisherman out of this Camper wrote:
Vulcaneer wrote:
DOUGHNUTS??? FREE DOUGHNUTS???

AT Ohiopyle State Park in SW PA at the Kentuck Campground????

Really??? FREE DOUGHNUTS????

All that and NO cops????

Hey, no one told me about it at the time!
Tom & Jana fulltiming in the driveway. Hitting the road June 1.
Plus Roswald and Piper, The Wonder Chugs!
2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA
Looking for a new Toad...

My blog

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
So, no need to tell me... all the pictures from the "game cameras" are blurry, right? I have seen plenty of game camera pictures, and modern game cameras take great, clear pictures night or day.

I really don't understand that with all the people searching for Bigfoot, and everyone carrying a decent camera these days (basically every cell phone is a camera), how come NO ONE can get a clear picture?

Oh well, fun campfire stories!

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
Another Pa Bigfoot report, from about a year ago....
JACKSOWN TOWNSHIP, Pa. โ€”Police responding to a call of broken windows on a motor home in Dauphin County said they were told that Bigfoot may be to blame.

A Pennsylvania State police trooper checked out the vehicle damage along the 400 block of Division Street in Lykens Boro around noon on Thursday. The person making the complaint told the trooper that taillights and windows on his 1973 Dodge Winnebago had been smashed. The victim also had a suspect in mind.

"Prior to these incidents, the victim related that he saw a Bigfoot in the area of his RV ," a state police news release states. "The actor is described as very large, brown in color, and walks somewhat hunched over."

Police said the man told them that after he saw the Bigfoot, he turned on an outside light on his motor home and upon doing so, the Bigfoot began throwing rocks at the light to prevent discovery.

Police say that the victim was unable to describe if the Bigfoot was hairy.

via WGAL New 8 (wgal.com)

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
BigBoy11 wrote:
When I went out and asked what was going on the the young man said we had a visitor in our campground that was 6 ft. tall and 400 lbs. I asked if it was a bear and he says no, it only had 2 legs! He finally claimed that is was a "small" Bigfoot and that they had photos of it peering around the tree right outside our TT back door!

6 ft tall and 400lbs.??? That's nothin'.

The DW and I passed on a 24 foot Bigfoot that probably weighed 12,000lbs. before we bought our 24 foot Itasca.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Good to see all the intellectuals are NOT on facebook!!

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
Guess what kind of RV he would buy!!
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Everybody knows that Bigfoot lives in Washington State. He wouldn't be caught dead in Pennsylvania.

sele
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody alerted BO Bo and Matt Moneymaker and the team. lmao
scott