cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackstone griddle

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a different grill,I have the coleman road trip grill now I like it but I hate the clean up, it is a major pain to clean.

I came across the Blackstone griddle and it looks intersting and looks like it would clean up easy.

Who has the Blackstone and what is your opinion of it?

Thanks.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion
33 REPLIES 33

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
While its not a Blackstone we purchased a Camp Chef Explorer 2 burner last year and love it also. Large griddle is awesome, also have a grill for it as well as a dutch oven. Very versatile and plugs into the RV propane quick connect. Takes up a little space but then again we had the space for it.

Dan

I'm with you on this. We also have the Explorer 2 burner but we're fixing to upgrade to a Camp Chef 3-burner system. I don't mind that it takes up so much room. We do almost all of our cooking on it and need a bigger grill box than the Explorer 2 Burner has.

I know that Blackstone has a strong following and tons of great reviews. But the apples-to-apples comparison between their products and the Camp Chef products isn't even close.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
While its not a Blackstone we purchased a Camp Chef Explorer 2 burner last year and love it also. Large griddle is awesome, also have a grill for it as well as a dutch oven. Very versatile and plugs into the RV propane quick connect. Takes up a little space but then again we had the space for it.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Cocky_Camper
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just bought one from our neighbor. She never used it. We cleaned the rust off, seasoned it, and started cooking. We cooked three meals in two days. So far, I love it. I got a heck of a deal on my pre-purchased 36", but would certainly go out now and buy a new one if I didn't have this one.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
They're nice, just make sure to season it per the directions. The 17" Blackstones are the latest fad--all the Cool Kids have one. I use an electric griddle and it works fine... if we boondocked more I'd have a Blackstone.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
I got the 17in for Christmas but with bad weather I have not seasoned it yet but look forward to cooking on it.I got it from Home Depot for $54.00 online.

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Love my 17” and just saw they make a metal hood for it!!

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
BIL got the 22" for Christmas and cooked a large breakfast (omlettes, bacon, etc. for about 20 people. It did great. He was really happy with it.

HuckFinn410
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't used my old BBQ's since I got one. I now have the 17" for camping and the 36" on the deck. I can cook anything on that thing....eggs, pancakes, pizza, tots, veggies, steaks, burgers of course....love love it.

I cooked tacos for 165 people for the company Christmas party 2 weeks ago. I used 2 36" Blackstone grills side by side. 100 lbs. of ground beef and chicken breasts. Whew! Worked great though.

Clean up took 5 minutes. Works great in the winter too....just warm it up for awhile.

I bought the Stainless Steel model on a HOme Depot deal of the day for $199.

Go for it!
Homesick for a place that I've never been

mda
Explorer
Explorer
Great griddle. Very well built. Heavy. Easy cleanup. Be sure to follow directions for “seasoning “

TCollins
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Coleman Roadtrip and agree it is a pain to clean. There is a flat surface griddle top available that replaces the two grates. Works very well and cleanup is a breeze. With the griddle top in place you are not able to close the lid.

It is solid aluminum and I bought mine off Home Depot's website

tikasdad
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 36 at home and the 17 for the RV. Once seasoned, it is great
Jeff Wee
'99 Monaco La Palma
'04 Honda Element

Rolling_Condo
Explorer
Explorer
Click

Yes I have one 36" . Awesome cooking! Lots of YouTube on them of you have questions.
'90 GMC R2500 7.4L w/ Gear Vendor OD
'90 Avion 34V
Cummins Onan P4300ie
Pro Pride 3P
Prodigy

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I have both the 17" and the 22". Walmart has the 17" for $74. The best buy is the 22" with metal cover, stand and propane pigtale for $174. at Walmart. The stand by itself is $99. and it fits both the 17" and 22".
22" kit

17" has a single burner while the 22" has 2. I like the 22 since I can push food over to a cooler side if needed. But if size is a peoblem the 17 works great for just the 2 of us. We cook everything on it from chow mien, fajitas, burgers, steaks, breakfast and with a stone we do pizza.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cooking surface is cold rolled steel (according to website). You season it, and cleanup is a snap.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 17" Blackstone last year and really like it. Cooks anything from eggs & bacon to burgers and chops. You just don't get the grill marks but it is very easy to clean.