cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boycott Walmart in Seguin TX

writerwithwheel
Explorer
Explorer
I have been drycamping various places in and around Seguin. after hassles with 18 wheelers in many of the locations, the local police suggested I park at Walmart.

I have been parking with NO NOISE, NO GENERATOR, NO SLIDEOUTS,
NO FURNITURE, NO AWNING.

Yesterday one of their employees got in my face because I have been there EVERY NIGHT. Me and several others who are unemployed, homeless
or just can't find housing in this toilet of a town.

I have also been spending virtually all of my cash and now Food Stamps
at Walmart.

Today, I move and all spending stops. I would appreciate you joining in my boycott. An average of 4-6 RV's a night stop at this location.

In fact, I will encourage you to Boycott Walmart PERIOD. NATIONWIDE.

Help me teach them a valuable economic lesson.
103 REPLIES 103

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Trouble is many of these folks are not unemployed, they are unemployable. Big difference. Many have drug, alcohol, or mental health problems.

Op states after problems with 18 wheelers, police suggested he go to Walmart. I suspect they told him to get his rig off the city streets, and it had nothing to do with 18 wheelers.

Thing is, although I do not feel I am hard hearted or cruel. We have a small office bldg. . We bought many years ago and worked very hard to pay for. We have had some issues with this sort of thing. I can state from experience all is not sweetness, and light. These folks often bring many associated problems with them. (crime, trash, filth, to name a few) Customers tend to avoid business with these sort of problems around them.

It is extremely hard to stand by, with a Oh poor you attitude, as you watch your life time of work get abused, and property values drop.

Were this Walmart, to stand by and do nothing, may not take long for the entire parking lot to become a camp. Revenue dives, store closes, everyone loses their jobs. In my opinion Walmart did what they had to do

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know him, and will not bad-mouth him.
HOWEVER, I will decide for myself which store I will boycott. And, it's not Walmart.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

fulltimedaniel
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
down home wrote:
I'm not going to attempt to colorize the Gentleman's plight.
As an RVer we have seen way too much o what was created by Global Economics or Trickle Down economic. Early forced Retirements,fired laid off, no prospects too old, despite prohibitions on age as a consideration for employment.
Too many stories to lump them together. Wal Mart says you need to move. Move to somewhere else. I'm not sure where you might fit your skills and willingness to work. Perhaps at an RV Park. No pay but be a host for rent electricity and so on.
Looking for Employment is a job just like going to a job every day for.
On the Internet and newspapers every days setting appointments for next day or later for interviews. The best method is to make you resume and go to companies where you want to work, not ones that are advertising.
Everyone wants you to apply on line. However I would see how it works shoing up at HR looking for a job. May not be the best today, I don't know about this today's impersonal world They tell you not to call to check on your application.
I'm not sold on that even though I'm told I'm wrong. If someone wants the position enough to be persistent I may give him first look. Attitude and Presentation and Personal Appearance with intelligence and abilities to do the job works.
Turn job hunting into a job of regular routine, in the am looking for positions and making on line applications. Try to set up interviews as many as you can, for the next day and beyond. Quit at evening and take the load off by doing things you enjoy such as fishing. Anyone ask what your job is say looking for a position. Wash rinse repeat every day. Keep your attitude an d outlook up.
This guy has no "plight". This is either a troll (99.9 percent likely) or the guy just plain off his rocker. The road NEVER ends in Seguin TX. You only get there if you try. People who are looking for work, looking for solitude, looking for love, looking for inspiration, looking for the pot of gold at the end of rainbow do not go to Seguin.
It isn't about a lack of skills to find a job. If you can fog a mirror, you can get a job in Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and many other cities and towns in Texas. The same can be said for most cities and towns across the country. Though sometimes the media wishes to have you believe otherwise, 2017 is not like the Great Depression. There are not throngs of able bodied workers willing to take any position offered.
Maybe I would cut someone who is trapped in a decaying urban area, or trapped in rural West Virginia without the means to travel elsewhere some slack. But this guy paid cash for an RV. He says he has been traveling around the Seguin area, so he could just as easily traveled to somewhere that jobs are abundant. But like I posted earlier, if not a troll, he is one of the never satisfied, I feel sorry for myself and am too good to work my way out of whatever hole I have dug, people. Those people deserve nothing from anyone.

It amazes me the surety with which you wield your judgementalism, your classism and your ideas about someone you don't know,have never met and have no idea who you may actually be addressing. And you aren't the only one by far on this thread doing the same thing.

Once again instead of dealing with the subject of the post a few have turned this into nothing more than a smarmy online lynching of the person who wrote it. All that has been written may be true or not. But the OP is NOT the topic.

Our economy has been booming for years and the data prove it. Never the less it still is leaving many many folks behind and it takes two good incomes just to get by for many people. there is a conundrum here.

Whatever this persons (the OP) problems is it really appropriate for you or me to point them out in such a rude and denigrating way? No it is not.

While privately I may or may not agree with some of what I have read here and no matter how I may feel about the OP's actions or his post there is a line of civility and respect that has DEFINITELY been crossed here. Criticize ...Yes. But do it in a way that isn't personal and just plain mean-spirited.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
Because it's the American way, the wants of a few outweigh the wants of many. :B

Where is my safe space?
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
Johno02 wrote:
As much fun as it has been, I think its about time for the moderator to step in and kill this one.

Why?

Because it's the American way, the wants of a few outweigh the wants of many. :B

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:
his S.S. (taken earlier than planned, sigh) left a decided hole in our combined income and retirement plans.

as far as taking SS too early, I took it the day I became eligible. at the recommendation of other retirees and the lady at SS. drawing the lesser amount for 5-7 extra years I think it was when I was 85 that I would break even. at that time my major expenses will be depends and puddin.
bumpy

"at that time my major expenses will be depends and puddin."
Exactly!!!
I'll enjoy mine right now. ๐Ÿ™‚

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Not far into this thread I began to think that maybe this was a good way for the original poster to get material for his "book" he says he's writing.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Note to lazy OP

You have a 'puter and internet access. You state that you can eat with the food stamps that we are paying for. You have a home of some kind that runs. But yet you are on here crying? A lot of people in this country don't have what you have. I'm sorry your parents basement flooded and you had to move out.
Grow up and go get a job.
Puma 30RKSS

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:
his S.S. (taken earlier than planned, sigh) left a decided hole in our combined income and retirement plans.

as far as taking SS too early, I took it the day I became eligible. at the recommendation of other retirees and the lady at SS. drawing the lesser amount for 5-7 extra years I think it was when I was 85 that I would break even. at that time my major expenses will be depends and puddin.
bumpy

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
LOL! I'm imagining this guy sitting in the living room of his million dollar home, glass of Chardonnay in his hand, little princess dog on his lap, laughing is butt off at all of us. I will say this has been amusing and a great social experiment. I've noticed one common thing, though. This group will jump through hoops to help those who TRULY need it BUT have no tolerance for the slackers in life. I am in SPLENDID company!

So, you think he is on the Target Board of Directors, trying to stir up antipathy against their largest rival?

Could be! Stranger things have been happening here as of late.....

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:
DallasSteve wrote:

I think it is all in how you market yourself and how eager you are to find work. I am NOT a programmer, but am retired and have picked up a couple of small contracts to keep me busy and give me some "mad money". I am continually being asked to do more, with more money being thrown at me, which I refuse because I don't want to work full-time and I like the flexibility of my current schedule and workload. If I kept taking on work, I'd be making more money than when I was working in my career full time. I don't know what field you are experienced in, but I find that employers are looking for people that have knowledge and experience and know how to get the job done right. They could give a darn what age you are, or what you look like. If you can produce, they want you and are willing to pay you. Perhaps it is different where you live, but I've not experienced ageism at all (except for getting my cheap "Geezer Pass", my senior meals, my senior discounts at hotels and grocery stores.

The hotel the man managed was sold a few years before he planned to retire. He searched for a new job with no success finding a comparable position since at that time literally a hotel could have hired at least two newly minted college grads at his then salary to do the same job.
He still works occasionally making mad money but that amt and his S.S. (taken earlier than planned, sigh) left a decided hole in our combined income and retirement plans. Fortunately the real estate market picked up this way which helped to fill the gap but it's still funds lost to being too old.

Just to be clear DallasSteve did not write that quoted post. Somehow you edited the quote and my name got left with the quote from dewey02, I think.

Sorry about that DallasSteve. All those quotes w/i quotes can get confusing when you try to make the post smaller.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
It's time for a fogging..
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Johno02 wrote:
As much fun as it has been, I think its about time for the moderator to step in and kill this one.

Kill-joy

:B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I have been drycamping various places in and around Seguin. after hassles with 18 wheelers in many of the locations, the local police suggested I park at Walmart.

Hassles with 18 wheelers ? Police involved ? It would be interesting to hear more of what that's all about ? :R
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect