cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping near Nashville, TN

Brian48
Explorer
Explorer
The Goldwing Road Riders have a rally scheduled next labor day in Nashville and I am seeking information on campgrounds in that area. Most of the sites I have found do not have their 2014 reservations available yet. Any recommendations on facilities would be greatly appreciated. I would like water, electrical and pet friendly for a 34' motor home. Thank you for your input. Brian
8 REPLIES 8

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Dandy Dan is right on target. There are three campgrounds in a row. We stayed at KOA last July and it was a terrible experience. We have never stayed anywhere before where the management cared about absolutely nothing. We were one row over from the pool and the grass at our site was over six inches tall and a foot height around our hook ups. There were deep holes hidden in the grass on our lot that we kept tripping in. The price was very high. We were promised two free breakfasts which they refused to give us when we got there. I found it amusing that after spending over $500 with them management refused to allow us the breakfasts because they said that I had not clicked something on my computer when I made the reservations. They have put in some new sites in the back which are very nice but they put the hookups out at the street. Being back ins you need an extra 35 feet of electric cord and water which they tell you to buy at camping world down the street. We were lucky as they were having power problems and several hookups around us shorted out while we were there. Our next trip back will be to Yogi Campground. It does not appear to be fantastic but is better then what we got at KOA.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at the KOA. It is expensive but fits our needs. We can take the Diwntown Shuttle for $10 per person round trip and not have to worry about finding a place to park our big dually. That way we can enjoy the great country music and drink a libation or two without having to worry about our return trip. Just spent 5 nights there.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
There are 3 campgrounds and a Camping World on Music Valley Road which is about a mile from Grand Ole Opry. I believe 1 is a Yogi Bear, 1 is KOA and the other is that Two Rivers
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
for the last few years we have overnighted both going and coming on trips to and from NC to SD at the Nashville KOA .... its a bit more expensive than I like .... with our rig it doesn't pay for us to drive very far trying to save a few dollars .... its in town, almost within sight of the Opry .... also easy off/on our route through there .... plenty of sites and they are booking right now

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

valleydawg
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Two Rivers for years. A small campground but priced well and it is close to the Grand Ole Opry and Opryland Mall (Bass Pro Shop).

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Seven Points in nice if you want full hookups by chance Nashville Shores is close to Seven Points. Great location.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seven Points COE campground........LINK

About 16 miles east/south of Downtown Nashville on J. Percy Priest Lake
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Dirtbags77
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Seven Points Corps of Engineer Park. Just a little southeast of Nashville (20 min). Nice large sites and on a lake. Only place I have camped near Nashville.