cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Contacting the owners of this forum

royl
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone here who has a problem with postings being closed as soon as they are posted please contact the owners of this forum at websitesupport@goodsam.com Please give them your ideas and opinions on this matter and a possible sulution.
Roy & Sabine
2000 Coachman Classic 27 RK Fifthwheel
1992 Dodge D250
41 REPLIES 41

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
rag-ftw wrote:
4X4Dodger wrote:
...But the biggest hole in your argument (and many others too) is this: How is opening another thread to discuss the specifics of a particular job offering where you CAN voice a negative view any different than just allowing it on the thread in question where it truly belongs? It's the same thing and more to the point how then does that protect the fragile feelings of all those companies out there and the people who work for them?

4X4, you must be a baby boomer? You surely have forgotten that we now live in the millennial age where we can never say anything that is not positive to anyone in a direct conversation, be it constructive or otherwise.

Have you forgotten that the motto of the new millennium is I will tell you exactly what you want to hear and then do exactly what I want to do. If the two happen to coincide that is good, but if they don't it's not a problem because I didn't say or do anything to your face to hurt your feelings or degrade your self-worth!

Hence, you must start a new thread so the OP is not exposed to any self-worth degrading constructive criticism or, heaven forbid, negativity!

For the sake of trying to get along can we not just agree to start a new post IF we are interested in reading positive/negative info about a job posting?

Best post ^^^ on this thread.

Marcus Lemonis wants free speech here. That is a direct quote of his made in October 2013.

The Moderators have been told to back off, since deleting posts that aren't vulgar have value. Marcus knows this, and wants that free exchange of thoughts and opinions around here.

Marcus is one sharp businessman, and not tied to the old ways of shutting down free forum speech, with indiscriminate post and thread deletes.

It's now contingent on us to stay within the boundaries. Have your say, but do it with decorum and class.

rag-ftw
Explorer
Explorer
4X4Dodger wrote:
...But the biggest hole in your argument (and many others too) is this: How is opening another thread to discuss the specifics of a particular job offering where you CAN voice a negative view any different than just allowing it on the thread in question where it truly belongs? It's the same thing and more to the point how then does that protect the fragile feelings of all those companies out there and the people who work for them?

4X4, you must be a baby boomer? You surely have forgotten that we now live in the millennial age where we can never say anything that is not positive to anyone in a direct conversation, be it constructive or otherwise.

Have you forgotten that the motto of the new millennium is I will tell you exactly what you want to hear and then do exactly what I want to do. If the two happen to coincide that is good, but if they don't it's not a problem because I didn't say or do anything to your face to hurt your feelings or degrade your self-worth!

Hence, you must start a new thread so the OP is not exposed to any self-worth degrading constructive criticism or, heaven forbid, negativity!

For the sake of trying to get along can we not just agree to start a new post IF we are interested in reading positive/negative info about a job posting?
2004 Travel Supreme 38DS04
2009 Ranger 4X4 Towed
Ready Brake, Tire Minder

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
westernrvparkowner wrote:
4X4Dodger wrote:
To all of those that posit the really rather weak argument that closing of the threads of job postings somehow benefits the employer or protects the "feelings" of the employers Please consider this:

Companies don't have feelings. Further, most truly professional companies who post positions on boards like these EXPECT feedback both positive and negative. It just comes with the territory.

Additionally lets turn your argument on it's head:

By closing the posts you deny the employer the BENEFIT of those who have worked for them to write about the positive aspects of doing so, thus giving a de-facto rating of sorts. This positive feedback can be of the HIGHEST value for an employer by helping to convince others that the job is really OK.

The last but most disturbing outcome of closing the threads is this:

It ASSUMES that those of us who use and read this forum are too stupid or too gullible to be able to separate the valuable from the worthless, the rant from the thoughtful response, the ring of truth from the hollow sound of sour grapes.

Give me a break. Stop assuming the readers and the employers are a bunch of children that need the protection of an overweening philosophy of Moderation that stifles all the good things in the dubious cause of "protecting" the feelings of the employers.

Your arguments basically come down to two ideas. The one stated above, the "protection" argument and the "Love It or Leave It" argument. Two arguments that are stark in their lack of logic or basis in fact.

What this really comes down to is this: A decision has been made and more for reasons of pride and privilege than anything else it seems there is an unwillingness to consider any other point of view. Or heaven forbid lose face in reconsidering that decision.

This is a sad state of affairs and frankly a response that reflects badly on GSE, this site and the majority of good fair minded people that work for GSE and those that give their time as moderators.
You are 100% wrong. Companies most certainly have feelings, or least the people who own them and work there do. They care what people say. Why do you think big companies have multi million dollar public relations departments? And why do you think big companies sue when they are slandered? You now have two potential employers, myself and The Texan saying they aren't going to be posting any positions on this forum because of the negative feedback those help wanted ads generate. Haven't seen any potential employers chime in saying they would post some positions if the policy was changed and bashing was encouraged. If you want feedback on any employer of workampers, start a thread. That is OK under the rules and will be allowed to run under the normal forum rules. For all I care, start a shadow thread every time a job is posted, you can be the leadoff slammer. But I can see you are like the other bashers, you don't find that to be nearly as much fun as slamming them in their ad.

WRVPO, we dont agree on much and we will just have to shake hands on that. But you really are on thin ice here. Professionally managed companies do not make business decisions based on the EMOTIONAL responses of their employees or owners. They make decisions based on what is in the companies best interests.

I have never slammed any job post ever. But I do value good thoughtful discussion. Not all employers are ethical. Not all employers do what they promise. Workamping jobs are rife with people being taken advantage of. It is worthwhile to hear BOTH sides, Positive and Negative about those jobs. Under the present system we learn NOTHING.

I have NEVER heard of a company suing for slander. If you find one please post the details. Companies do sue for Patent and copyright infringement, but well managed companies dont waste their time with what is said on public forums by going to court. At best they will have someone rebut the posting. And the PR Department is there primarily to make the COMPANIES ACTIONS (or inaction) look good. It's not there to argue over what Human Resources posts on job boards.

Lastly no companies have entered this argument because it would not be in their best interests or worth their time to do so...and mostly because they are no longer coming to this site because this forum has become useless due to the moderation policy.

But the biggest hole in your argument (and many others too) is this: How is opening another thread to discuss the specifics of a particular job offering where you CAN voice a negative view any different than just allowing it on the thread in question where it truly belongs? It's the same thing and more to the point how then does that protect the fragile feelings of all those companies out there and the people who work for them?

I find it very interesting that the Moderator allows other posters to "bash" me in terms much stronger than those used on most of the job postings...but somehow this kind of negativity is OK? While a posting containing the slightest negative remark about an employer is pulled down and the thread closed? This is a double standard in spades. And is precisely the kind of fuzzy thinking that I am constantly amused by. And no I dont think those that disagree with me should be stopped or censored or the thread closed for that reason. That is no more right than what is being done with the job postings.

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
nycsteve wrote:
As for many in the attack group and those who continue to whip the dead horse..I call TROLL. There are some who get their jollies being disruptive, and we see them now. The end result here,seeing the absence of job postings, the trolls win.

X2 on the troll conclusion. Some folks just are not happy until they are not happy an actively sharing their misery with others.

Time this thread is closed!
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Dtslinger
Explorer
Explorer
Tis a sad state of affairs.
"Popcorn eating emoticon"
Terry & Alice Esslinger
2006 Bounder DP 38L
being pushed by 2012 Terrain

nycsteve
Explorer
Explorer
As for many in the attack group and those who continue to whip the dead horse..I call TROLL. There are some who get their jollies being disruptive, and we see them now. The end result here,seeing the absence of job postings, the trolls win.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
The following are postings by Marcus Lemonis back in Sept. 2013 concerning posts being deleted.

Posted: 08/09/13 09:44am Link | Quote | Print | Notify Moderator
Under no circumstance is any post deleted unless vulgar. No exceptions. I take exception to any accusation to the contrary and would like to personally hear or see it. This is a forum about freedom of speech. Period

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

Posted: 08/09/13 01:57pm Link | Quote | Print | Notify Moderator
That's right. The rules are clear. If we take something down outside of the rules then I want to hear about it. In you have specifics please send to me. At this point I'm hearing generalities.

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

I like this. I've been backing all the Marcus Lemonis companies of the Good Sam conglomeration since I learned Marcus bought the company.

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
I just kind of stumbled across this thread but the topic of bashing companies that post jobs is interesting.

I'm on a few IT/programming/geek mailing lists and I have noticed this same thing over there. Some readers will tear apart job postings... I really don't get that behavior but some people really think they should do it (must have something to prove).

Some groups have managed to self moderate by pushing back on the negative people who make it a hobby of tearing people/companies down. I have seen a few of those groups setup a moderated "jobs" mailing list so that only job listings get sent out (thus no trashing and debates).

I don't see why there can't be a board that is restricted to just job listings. Or, just set a rule that all job listings are immediately closed for comments. It seems like if that were a "rule" or a "policy" that it meets a need. Otherwise, nobody will post -- I've seen that happen on lists where the jobs just don't get posted there which hurts the board/community/group.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
noplace2 wrote:
You now have two potential employers, myself and The Texan saying they aren't going to be posting any positions on this forum because of the negative feedback those help wanted ads generate.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I have to wonder why either of you are still here beating a dead one. You've already stated that you aren't going to be here given the current rules and responses. Do you honestly think that your rants are going to change anything? They aren't. Why are you still here? Love to watch yourselves type? I just don't get it. Move on.
Our posts had a bit more to do with the topic of the thread than yours, so if we love to watch ourselves type, what exactly do you call what you are doing when you post stuff like this? Why are you here? I don't get it. You surely don't think your rant will get you anywhere. Why don't you move on? (Yep, telling people off does have a certain attraction. But personally, I prefer to just make them feel small and insignificant, you know, like the value your post added)

Dtslinger
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you guys find the little emoticon eating popcorn?
Terry & Alice Esslinger
2006 Bounder DP 38L
being pushed by 2012 Terrain

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
You now have two potential employers, myself and The Texan saying they aren't going to be posting any positions on this forum because of the negative feedback those help wanted ads generate.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I have to wonder why either of you are still here beating a dead one. You've already stated that you aren't going to be here given the current rules and responses. Do you honestly think that your rants are going to change anything? They aren't. Why are you still here? Love to watch yourselves type? I just don't get it. Move on.
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
4X4Dodger wrote:
To all of those that posit the really rather weak argument that closing of the threads of job postings somehow benefits the employer or protects the "feelings" of the employers Please consider this:

Companies don't have feelings. Further, most truly professional companies who post positions on boards like these EXPECT feedback both positive and negative. It just comes with the territory.

By closing the posts you deny the employer the BENEFIT of those who have worked for them to write about the positive aspects of doing so, thus giving a de-facto rating of sorts. This positive feedback can be of the HIGHEST value for an employer by helping to convince others that the job is really OK.

It ASSUMES that those of us who use and read this forum are too stupid or too gullible to be able to separate the valuable from the worthless, the rant from the thoughtful response, the ring of truth from the hollow sound of sour grapes.

Give me a break. Stop assuming the readers and the employers are a bunch of children that need the protection of an overweening philosophy of Moderation that stifles all the good things in the dubious cause of "protecting" the feelings of the employers.

Your arguments basically come down to two ideas. The one stated above, the "protection" argument and the "Love It or Leave It" argument. Two arguments that are stark in their lack of logic or basis in fact.

What this really comes down to is this: A decision has been made and more for reasons of pride and privilege than anything else it seems there is an unwillingness to consider any other point of view. Or heaven forbid lose face in reconsidering that decision.

This is a sad state of affairs and frankly a response that reflects badly on GSE, this site and the majority of good fair minded people that work for GSE and those that give their time as moderators.
You are 100% wrong. Companies most certainly have feelings, or least the people who own them and work there do. They care what people say. Why do you think big companies have multi million dollar public relations departments? And why do you think big companies sue when they are slandered? You now have two potential employers, myself and The Texan saying they aren't going to be posting any positions on this forum because of the negative feedback those help wanted ads generate. Haven't seen any potential employers chime in saying they would post some positions if the policy was changed and bashing was encouraged. If you want feedback on any employer of workampers, start a thread. That is OK under the rules and will be allowed to run under the normal forum rules. For all I care, start a shadow thread every time a job is posted, you can be the leadoff slammer. But I can see you are like the other bashers, you don't find that to be nearly as much fun as slamming them in their ad.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Just to throw this out....in the Beginning RVing forum there is a topic 'About Dump Techniques'. There have been 4687 views and 80 posts (and some have not been kind). Now THAT is a discussion forum. ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II