Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter failed

blaczero
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, seems my converter went.

I have LiFePO4 batteries and was wondering if I need a special converter, or if any 100a will do? Do I need one with a charge profile or something?.
12 REPLIES 12

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Great opportunity to install an inverter-charger. Most will handle both lead acid and LiFePO4.

Explorer II
Explorer II
blaczero wrote:
2oldman wrote:
lithium converter

Did you become a senior member by doing internet searches for people?

If you could stop posting on my threads, that'd be great
WOW
No, 2oldman became a senior member by answering questions like yours for 20 YEARS. No need to disrespect anyone here.

And don't worry, I won't be posting on your threads either.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I recommend a power max pm3. Less than 100 amps is fine.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Question:
blaczero wrote:

I have LiFePO4 batteries and was wondering if I need a special converter, or if any 100a will do? Do I need one with a charge profile or something?.

Answer:
2oldman wrote:
lithium converter

You asked for a special converter, 2oldman gave you one of the best.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
blaczero wrote:

I think you answered your own question if you knew enough to ask...
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It depends on the battery
Battle Born has or had a deal with Progressive Dynamics to make a special converter for their batteries.
Some companies build charge controlers in to the battery (Generally smaller ones)

Some converters can be "Adjusted" one way or another... (Please do not ask me which or how)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
blaczero you will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I enjoy 2oldman's posts.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I read all 2oldmanโ€™s posts and mostly agree with him but not always. Informative, helpful and I usually read what he looks up on the web too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Just for the record you do need a charger. It's part of the converter. The linked article explains what type of charger the converter should have. You asked...he gave you the path to an answer.
Quit acting like unappreciative _itch and realize you got the answers you asked for.
2oldman supplies more good information on this forum than you ever will. Use the block function for both him and I if you don't like the answers you get.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
When their questions were easily looked up, yes. Delete it all and start over, but that's a good converter.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

blaczero
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
lithium converter

Did you become a senior member by doing internet searches for people?

If you could stop posting on my threads, that'd be great

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buy a converter capable of charging Lithium batteries.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad