cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dealers - good and bad

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I won't mention a name, but the dealership where I bought my 'C', goes in the "good" category. Maybe "great". Sales as well as service. I was trading in my 'B' (from another dealer) for a new 'C'. They discussed all the options, including what were "must haves", "nice to haves" and "fluff". I ordered. When it came in, they called and told me to bring a friend along to take notes. The walk through took about two hours, and I had notes for everything that was said.
About a month later, I was invited to a meeting of people that bought a new RV in the last month or two. It was in one of their repair garages and they had an A, C, 5er and TT there, along with several tables lined with accessory items. (Also coffee and doughnuts). They discussed many things that were common to any type of RV, then divided us up according to what we had purchased. With only 4 or 5 people in each group, we were able to ask all of our questions.
Then we reformed as a group. They called out a number and if it was yours, you could pick up any accessory item on the tables for free. A six pack of black tank cleaner. Hoses, both input and output, kitchen and bathroom supplies, etc.
And even though they now only sell TTs and 5ers, they continue to service MHs if you bought it there. Affordable and excellent service is a rare find these days.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.
21 REPLIES 21

AbdRahim
Explorer
Explorer
Alpin Haus, Amsterdam, NY - so far fantastic!

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
I would have guess Holman or Colerain RV. Both are pretty fair I think.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe wrote:
I don't have a problem naming them. Holman RV in Batavia, Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati. I hesitated because they no longer sell MHs. I suspect its because keeping MHs on a lot on spec costs a lot more than TTs and 5ers because they have motors, and competition continues to grow.
And now Camping World is selling RVs in addition to RV accessories. Gotta give Marcus credit. He sees an emerging market - Baby Boomers are retiring in droves. I was one of the first, being born in 1946 after the end of WWII, and the boom lasted until 1964. The largest demographic in the country.

Jim, I had to chuckle. If you hadn't named them I was going to take a guess that it was Holman.

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing the name.
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a problem naming them. Holman RV in Batavia, Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati. I hesitated because they no longer sell MHs. I suspect its because keeping MHs on a lot on spec costs a lot more than TTs and 5ers because they have motors, and competition continues to grow.
And now Camping World is selling RVs in addition to RV accessories. Gotta give Marcus credit. He sees an emerging market - Baby Boomers are retiring in droves. I was one of the first, being born in 1946 after the end of WWII, and the boom lasted until 1964. The largest demographic in the country.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

chevyman2
Explorer
Explorer
You can catch more bugs with honey than you can with S##T. Unfortunately "misery loves company"! Seems everyone is trigger quick to post about anything bad. However, its a different story when it comes to good news, and then we wonder why customer service not as good as it "maybe? used to be, or why every CSR is always on the defense.

I agree with the above posts. Please release the dealers name. Good reports will make them even better I promise. A good employee is a happy employee. The best way to make an employee happy is to give them praise!
Tim-DW(Kathy)
12 Chevy Sonic DD, 03 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE, 2001 Jayco KIWI
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream-then I am living the dream

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,M an ohio guy, don,t know any place like that here in ohio. well I guess I do after thinking about it,its called camper care . in deerfield ohio A mom,pop shop and there great.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Name the dealer, I particularly would be interested if they are in your state (and mine) of Ohio.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Jim, why not name the dealer? There are many of us who live in your area and could benefit from a good dealer.

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe wrote:
I won't mention a name, but the dealership where I bought my 'C', goes in the "good" category. Maybe "great". Sales as well as service. I was trading in my 'B' (from another dealer) for a new 'C'. They discussed all the options, including what were "must haves", "nice to haves" and "fluff". I ordered. When it came in, they called and told me to bring a friend along to take notes. The walk through took about two hours, and I had notes for everything that was said.
About a month later, I was invited to a meeting of people that bought a new RV in the last month or two. It was in one of their repair garages and they had an A, C, 5er and TT there, along with several tables lined with accessory items. (Also coffee and doughnuts). They discussed many things that were common to any type of RV, then divided us up according to what we had purchased. With only 4 or 5 people in each group, we were able to ask all of our questions.
Then we reformed as a group. They called out a number and if it was yours, you could pick up any accessory item on the tables for free. A six pack of black tank cleaner. Hoses, both input and output, kitchen and bathroom supplies, etc.
And even though they now only sell TTs and 5ers, they continue to service MHs if you bought it there. Affordable and excellent service is a rare find these days.

I think this is dealer is a mythical beast like the Loch Ness monster.

If such a creature existed in Utah, I'd love to know it.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp - Thanks for the link to the service review page. I didn't know that existed. I just posted a couple of review for Lazy Days.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rich and Sons RV in Grand Island, NE is a great dealership. It is just north of I-80 in central NE and has a great sales and service staff. They have just added a new service facility with 10 new bays. They have always tried to fit me in for service when I am in that area. I have bought my last 2 5vers from them even tho I live in Colorado.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Names should be posted both good and bad.

All dealers are out to make a profit, the way they make it is what separates the good and great from the bad.

The dealer in your tail is out for the long term profit! Being honest upfront with you during the buying process will get you into a rig you can afford, and is what you currently want or need.
The call back meeting/class he is hoping that you have had the rig out a couple times and now have some additional needs, BUT also after a trip or two, you will now have the questions that come from that experience.

Great dealers will never hesitate to offer good solid free information, it builds trust and life long customers.

I have two dealers I have had very good luck with here in the greater Portland area, Curtis Trailers, and Laurelhurst Distributes.

I have only had good dealings with both, Just parts and accessories for me, but know of others that have had a great buying experience.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe wrote:

If you're not willing to share the name of the dealer on RV.NET, at least post it on RV Service Reviews.
You would be helping everyone.