cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you contribute ?

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
I know that many of us use various APPs for finding facilities. We look at ratings?, comments, locations, inclusions, prices (if applicable) and what ever else. We use AllStays, Gas Buddy, Free RV parking, RV Park Reviews and many others. My question is how many actually contribute their knowledge to improve or maintain these valuable resources ?
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?
25 REPLIES 25

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
ReneeG wrote:
myredracer wrote:
I once posted a long and well-deserved critique of an RV resort org. that we used to belong to operating in WA & OR, on RVparkreviews. Never got posted because unbeknownst to us, it was our first post there. Waste of time and would have been useful info. for somebody. Haven't posted since. I understand they've since changed that.

Also not impressed with their format for rating/reviewing CGs/RV parks. Some perfectly good or excellent CGs we have been to sometimes get terrible reviews, some of which seem to be from newbies with little experience in different CGs and RV-ing or snobbish types who can't stand a little dust, kids, campfire smoke, etc. Can't keep everyone happy 100% of the time but some comments can really skew a rating unnecessarily.

Same happened to me a couple of weeks ago on campgroundreviews.com! Frustrating. Never went back to re-do it.

Same with me..... never got published, even after putting in 3 different ones that is supposedly the clip level.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
myredracer wrote:
I once posted a long and well-deserved critique of an RV resort org. that we used to belong to operating in WA & OR, on RVparkreviews. Never got posted because unbeknownst to us, it was our first post there. Waste of time and would have been useful info. for somebody. Haven't posted since. I understand they've since changed that.

Also not impressed with their format for rating/reviewing CGs/RV parks. Some perfectly good or excellent CGs we have been to sometimes get terrible reviews, some of which seem to be from newbies with little experience in different CGs and RV-ing or snobbish types who can't stand a little dust, kids, campfire smoke, etc. Can't keep everyone happy 100% of the time but some comments can really skew a rating unnecessarily.

Same happened to me a couple of weeks ago on campgroundreviews.com! Frustrating. Never went back to re-do it.

Having to post more than one review is (was?) designed to reduce the number of one shot wonder reviews, which usually were one of two types: 1. completely and unfairly negative, a way for a mad camper to "get back" at a campground... and 2. completely and unfairly positive, usually "posts" by campground owner's friends or seasonal looking to boost "their" campground.

I liked the site better before they changed it to allow campground owners to post. I know why the owners wanted input, but I preferred when they didn't.

Campgroundreviews seems to be the largest of the review sites, at least of the sites that are non-corporate, but mostly reader / subscriber supported.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
We contribute to rvparkreviews. We figure if we find it very useful, we want to contribute our reviews to it.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:

2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
gmctoyman wrote:
I know that many of us use various APPs for finding facilities. We look at ratings?, comments, locations, inclusions, prices (if applicable) and what ever else. We use AllStays, Gas Buddy, Free RV parking, RV Park Reviews and many others. My question is how many actually contribute their knowledge to improve or maintain these valuable resources ?

Writing a book - or what?......

EXACT same post (question) on Escapees forums.

~

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Caveman,

I started out with a list complied by Moving Sue. but it was name and gps only. So I searched out what ever details I could find.

I'm glad you did not mind.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I've added over 700 locations at freecampsites.net

Yes, and one of them was one of mine from a different site that you then copied and pasted . lol :B

(South Dutch Charlie county park. Cottonwood county, MN )

That's OK, I'm glad you did and that more people can see it.

I see your screen name pop up now and then on several different places.

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
If I had an unusually bad or good experience I do.

For a typical uneventful stay I usually do not.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I try to contribute to Campgroundreviews, not as often as I should, but I do contribute. Another site I add my reviews on is thedyrt.com. I have found that it has helped many times.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
I regularly contribute here, Google, Yahoo, Yelp, Amazon, GasBuddy, and a few others.

I have to say though, that I usually read reviews with a grain of salt. Especially the highly charged ones, both positive and negative. IMO, reading reviews is like evaluating bid proposals. Throw out the high and the low, then, reality usually exists somewhere in between.

So many times I visit places which I really enjoy, . . . . . regularly, then read a lot of total trash reviews about them. I guess Mary Hartman was right. You have to go with yourself wherever you go. How you think/act often dictates how you are treated, . . . . . which defines/justifies your experience.

Chum lee

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
I post to Gas Buddy each and every time I use it. But have never used any park review apps or sites.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I update Campendium, Google, and RVparkreviews
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
double post. Sorry.