cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic furnace ? Click from Ac ?

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Ok this morning the furnace came on and the ac fan too... so after looking in the manual I see it said “ have fan set on auto to avoid ac fan coming on when furnace comes on”
Ok so I checked the stat and it was on “ hi” so I changed it to “auto”
Now when the furnace stat calls for heat I hear a “click”
From the celiling ac unit then the furnace comes on.
Is this click just because it changed the fan to auto ??
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
7 REPLIES 7

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Same with my unit. If the fan setting is on high or low the A/C fan will come on when the heater comes on. The fan has to be set on "auto" in order for just the heater fan to operate when the heat is on.

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Well it’s not that loud and I’m kind used to it because my home stat has a click when it calls for heat and a click when it shuts off
I did make sure my variance was set at 2
I’d prefer it to be at 1 but..
On 1 I got a bunch of clicks not just one

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
The thermostat connects to a control box up in the air unit only. Control box has various relays to control the heater, air conditioner, heat pump or heat strip if so equipped.

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, that's the "Dometic interrupt your sleep in cold weather design." Our OEM AC unit did that as well. As said above, the AC control board also contains the heater control relay. It is my understanding that Coleman units control the heater from the thermostat instead of the AC (read less noise.)

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
That is the relay dropping out. It is operated by the call for heat function from the thermostat.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
I hear it click before it as it shuts off too ??

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
That is a relay keeping the AC from coming on.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker