cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GOING RV show

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
It amuses me to watch this show. I have yet to see anyone question construction or quality. Do people really shop like this? Makes me wonder why some of these folks camp. They seem to want the house to come with them. Outdoor televisions & stereo. Bet the neighbors love that. An amazing show
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
34 REPLIES 34

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
troubledwaters wrote:
The best thing about TV - you can choose to turn it on or turn it off; and one other extra added benefit, you can choose what station to watch.

True! but like I said, its good low quality entertainment! Kind of like people watching but for RV`ers.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
The best thing about TV - you can choose to turn it on or turn it off; and one other extra added benefit, you can choose what station to watch.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
The best I ever seen was when a woman opened the oven....."We wont be cooking a Turkey in here, its really small", then turns around and opens the fridge......"We wont be cooking a Turkey in the oven because it wont even fit in the fridge"!

If I ever come across one of these couples at a campground I sure hope it has a large and active Raccoon and Skunk population, as I think I would toss about 5 open cans of sardines or kippers under their rig at about 1 AM.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
What really galls me is when they come back from the commercial and get ready to announce what they decided on but first they have to go over every pro and con that they already discussed before the commercial. It gets repetitive and I no longer care what they decided on at that point.
Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

sempka
Explorer
Explorer
captnjack wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
mat60 wrote:
Nice....You must be talking about the lady that said,, Aint that nice,, the entire show.

Ya, I showed that one to my kids, they laughed their butts off! after the 10th "nice" on the first trailer I thought OK, come up with another word! what was even better was they wanted child seat tethers. they obviously haven't seen an RV after an accident!

Or how about how every one of them likes to setup the dining room table to "see if it turns into a bed". or the ones that like to sit in the storage compartments.

I remember another show where the couple had a young kid in a pack and play (portable crib) and all they could do was worry about where it would go in the RV they were buying. I thought "your basing your purchasing decision on something your only going to need for 6 more months?!

Or the one that didn't want a MH because it was too much and they didn't want to tow a car, so instead they bought a fifth wheel and a new 1 ton truck! LOL

I like the show because it gives me a chance to rip on peoples poor buying decisions! Its good low quality entertainment!

And they make us watch EVERY buyer convert EVERY dinette!

I don't need to see the awning go out EVERY time either.

I find it amazing that first time buyer know exactly how to convert the dinette and the couches, as well as how everything works.
2000 Holiday Rambler Admiral

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
mat60 wrote:
Nice....You must be talking about the lady that said,, Aint that nice,, the entire show.

Ya, I showed that one to my kids, they laughed their butts off! after the 10th "nice" on the first trailer I thought OK, come up with another word! what was even better was they wanted child seat tethers. they obviously haven't seen an RV after an accident!

Or how about how every one of them likes to setup the dining room table to "see if it turns into a bed". or the ones that like to sit in the storage compartments.

I remember another show where the couple had a young kid in a pack and play (portable crib) and all they could do was worry about where it would go in the RV they were buying. I thought "your basing your purchasing decision on something your only going to need for 6 more months?!

Or the one that didn't want a MH because it was too much and they didn't want to tow a car, so instead they bought a fifth wheel and a new 1 ton truck! LOL

I like the show because it gives me a chance to rip on peoples poor buying decisions! Its good low quality entertainment!

And they make us watch EVERY buyer convert EVERY dinette!

I don't need to see the awning go out EVERY time either.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
This is where I miss Facebook (yes I said that) When someone post something and I don't want to copy and paste, or "quote" and add a comment, it would be nice to just push the LIKE button!
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
mat60 wrote:

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Is this another "reality" show? If so, don't forget that those things are totally scripted and you're not seeing anything that even resembles reality.

That's what it is. The writer only knows two words; Oh & Wow. Next time you watch that nonsense, count those words.

Now about RV shoppers, go to a large show and just look and listen to the potential buyers. I have no doubt why we have such poor quality, very few will bend down to see what really matters, what is important is sky-high faucets with springs wound around them.

Dont forget " nice"

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
I've looked up some of these buyers on their Facebook page and there is never a mention of their new RV. That strikes me funny.

They probably have dumped it already, or its sitting in some storage lot or yard rotting. In the real world the number of first time buyers who run out and buy an RV because its the in thing, then decide its not the pussygood activity they thought it was going to be, is quite high. The dealers love those people.

I have 4 people on my street who are first time buyers in the last 2 or 3 years. 3 have never left the yard after the firsr year, and the other only was pulled out once this year, on Memorial day weekend.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked up some of these buyers on their Facebook page and there is never a mention of their new RV. That strikes me funny.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
How about when they have 3-4 kids and the salesperson doesn't show them a bunkhouse model.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
tracyb-oh wrote:
My favorite was when a guy wanted outdoor speakers. That was his deal breaker. I thought really? Thatโ€™s the deal breaker?

That would be a deal breaker for me too......I want those $12 a pair speakers.

Just more orchestrated deception from the RVIA.

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
My favorite was when a guy wanted outdoor speakers. That was his deal breaker. I thought really? Thatโ€™s the deal breaker?
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel