Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
20 REPLIES 20

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
Puttin wrote:
What's the rush to pass a vehicle? Where will you be after that....300' further up the highway behind someone else? Stay alive and keep those around you safe too...just hang in there. JMHO

Ever notice how slow some big rigs go uphill?

There are usually truck lanes where long grades are.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
my luck a big old sunspot would shine off that thing and blind me causing me to wreck...heck the shine off chrome and cars now is rough sometimes ๐Ÿ™‚
I think this is a bad idea actually. I also see someone 'trusting' this and having a huge horrible wreck and yup, say major lawsuit!

scroller95969
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure that I'd like to see headlights and cars coming at me in my lane when I'm approaching a truck.
Jeff & Lori
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 22B - Chevy chassis
10' Wells cargo trailer
Gracie Mae - our 9 year old Papillon

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
I'd display the horde of Zombies attacking. Just to see who's paying attention.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
A1B00902 wrote:
If the driver would put on a movie, there may not be any need to pass

Adult movie?
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
noplace2 wrote:
Really sad that the 1st thing that comes to some minds is "lawsuit".

Because no matter how stupid the move a person makes if it results in a bad outcome, it is ALWAYS someone else's fault!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Really sad that the 1st thing that comes to some minds is "lawsuit".
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I saw this on the nightly news last night. My first thought was who the court finds wrong when it goes to court the first time....Samsung, the trucking company or driver for having in on the truck, or the person who relied on it and decided to pass......;-)
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
"...works in all weather conditions..." may be a bit optimistic.

During the recent wet period in Houston, there was a panel truck with screens mounted on it (electronic screens with changing messages, not a camera view, so not sure if it was Samsung or not) that I traveled alongside for quite some distance in mid-town Ewe-stun.

After about a mile of rain and puddles, the upper quarterpanel screen on the drivers side (left) of the truck simply went dark; after another 500 yards, the lower rear quarterpanel (same side) went fuzzy. May have been a software issue or mechanical failure, but it sure "felt" like a weather-driven incident.

Nevertheless, cool truck. If the trucking company would spend the $$, a forward camera view would be neat.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

A1B00902
Explorer
Explorer
If the driver would put on a movie, there may not be any need to pass

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone notice how close that car was to the truck?
Remember, if you can't see the mirrors on the truck, the driver of the truck can not see YOU!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Cool idea. Would let you see traffic stopped ahead in your lane, hazards/debris in the road, etc. I'm all for anything that improves safety.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puttin wrote:
What's the rush to pass a vehicle? Where will you be after that....300' further up the highway behind someone else? Stay alive and keep those around you safe too...just hang in there. JMHO

Ever notice how slow some big rigs go uphill?

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
My 1st reaction was: "That's going to encourage tailgating".
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8