cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great time to Sell Your RV!

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Demand has never been higher!! Pic is link to Camping World form on FB that you can fill out...23,000+ comments so far! Folks want to sell their rigs and get out from under the payment.

27 REPLIES 27

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was both happy and lucky as a few years previous I sold a gently used TT for outstanding price to RV dealer of new and used inventory. This great sale for me was due to the burning man festival held in August of each year north of Reno. RV had a few maintenance issues but he did not care about it.

Sometimes timing and location can be everything. Sweet cheers to all

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I was at Holland Motor Homes last week and they had no motorhomes for sale. Their last used one was sold to someone in Pennsylvania and they had no new ones left.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
BurbMan wrote:
Demand has never been higher!! Pic is link to Camping World form on FB that you can fill out...23,000+ comments so far! Folks want to sell their rigs and get out from under the payment.

I bought a new 2020 Winnebago Intent in March for $80K. Now they are listing for $100K. I'm going to try to sell mine. I know I won't get the new price, but I might get what I paid or a little more or less (maybe even cover the sales tax). I'm not sure this is the life for me and I want to get while the getting is good. If I don't lose much I might buy again in a year or two.

So where is the best place to sell? I'm pretty sure it's not Camping World, but it doesn't cost me anything to submit an inquiry. Would you list on Facebook? Craigslist? eBay? RV Trader? Do any of those take a cut of the sale price?
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Bob Vaughn wrote:
Before anyone buys any rv they should try to get a camping spot......they are virtually non existent but a trip to a campground will show 1/2 empty......the reservation system needs to be overhauled.....

I don't agree. I made a trip from Arkansas to South Texas in September/October. I was able to get almost every park I wanted including parks on Galveston Island, a state park on Mustang Island, and a nice county park on South Padre Island. The one exception was Labor Day weekend, I didn't reserve early enough and had to take a pricey private park, but not too bad. In fact, the park on South Padre Island was about 70% empty in October. Granted, Florida will be much harder to make reservations, but not every RV camper has to go to Florida. (And I made my trip reservations about 1 month before I traveled)
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
I've sold three this year. The last one I sold, I got $7k more than NADA Value, and $3k more than what a dealer said I should list it for.

How did you determine the value to list it for?

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
Before anyone buys any rv they should try to get a camping spot......they are virtually non existent but a trip to a campground will show 1/2e empty......the reservation system needs to be overhauled.....

Good point. Some government park managers act as though they would rather manage a half empty park instead of a full one. When I questioned one, he said, "The computer woman manages reservations and she is off this week". The park showed full online but half full in person.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Before anyone buys any rv they should try to get a camping spot......they are virtually non existent but a trip to a campground will show 1/2 empty......the reservation system needs to be overhauled.....

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like a great time to sell if you are planning on getting out & sitting on the sidelines for a few years then jump back in & buy something nice on the cheap when the newbs find out that RVing is not like it is portrayed on TV. Things break. It needs maintenance. It is like a boat. You need to be able to figure out & fix the simple stuff yourself.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I've sold three this year. The last one I sold, I got $7k more than NADA Value, and $3k more than what a dealer said I should list it for.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Wonโ€™t be able to give one away this time next year.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dtank wrote:
JKJavelin wrote:

CW is betting on taking advantage of folks!

"Best bet is to NOT ........"

......patronize CW for anything...:R

Uhh... not that it matters, but I didn't say that.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
JKJavelin wrote:

CW is betting on taking advantage of folks!

"Best bet is to NOT ........"

......patronize CW for anything...:R

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
A friend near Yuma Arizona is wanting to retire from RVing and has a 2003 Dodge and a hitchhiker fifth wheel that he wants to sell and heโ€™s worried about the lack of Canadians hurting his chances to sell it. Usually, there is a lot of selling at Yuma in the spring so I wonder how it will go next March. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Interest rates are extremely low = buyers market.

RV's are in demand and inventory is low = a sellers market.
It's actually going both ways at present.

And further more, I know of no one out of work locally.