cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grills?

forthefunofit94
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Weber Q 100 and have loved it. It seems to be on its' last leg. I was looking at Sam's Club and they have a stainless steel Aussie Grill for $80. It gets great reviews. My question is has anyone compared it to the weber? It says it has 12000 BTU's. I like the price, but not if it is a poor substitute.
David & Karen Castellon
2015 F150 XLT
302 w/tow & anti-sway package
Backup camera & brake controller
EQUAL-I-ZER hitch
17 REPLIES 17

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say is I'll never buy another stainless steel grill. Looks great the day you buy it, but keeping it clean is a nightmare.

KeninAZ
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how the Q 100 or any of the same type of products can be on the last leg.
Weber sells parts and they can be cleaned~~let's be serious.
I have had many grills in my life, love to BBQ, and these little Weber grills are just great.
2000 Bounder 31M Class A~oldie but goodie
Acme EZE Tow Dolly towing 2017 Chrysler Pacifica

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Weber Q, butttt, I really like the cheapest one I can find. Use it a couple of months, when it gets dirty throw it out & get another.
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

ajk170
Explorer
Explorer
I have to agree with everybody else on the Webers as well. I have several (Silver, 22" kettle, Q-100, Q2200, and the Smokey Mountain). I really like Webers, built like Sherman tanks. So it is hard to imagine burners failing. Nonetheless, call weber, they have the parts you'll need. The Baby Q (100) has an 8K burner, not the 12k. I used the Baby Q for years and recently upgraded to the 2200 for the larger burner and split grates. I liked the Baby Q but the split grates was the big difference maker for me.

I also have a camp Chef stove - love the 30K burners. Adds a huge dimension of stove top cooking since I dislike cooking in the camper (if I could get a camper without a stove and oven I would). As fellas a blackstone flat-top. That's great when cooking for a crowd.

forthefunofit94
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
David & Karen Castellon
2015 F150 XLT
EQUAL-I-ZER hitch

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
For what it's worth, I have the Aussie grille, and love it. Bought it after seeing how well it worked for a friend as well as how well it was holding up after more than a year of his use.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

chops1sc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Brinkman 4 burner that I bought from Lowes back in 2004 and it is still going strong. The front wheels broke off but I use a brick to hold it up lol! I have replaced the burners once so far direct from Brinkman and its about due for a new set.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is almost 10 years old. I usually give it a good cleaning, removing the burner and running safety wire through the holes, and a good de-greasing twice a year.

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
My cousins would not light. I removed the burner and cleaned the pinhole that regulates the fuel coming out with a set of welding torch/cutting torch tip cleaners that I got from the hardware store. It now burns as good as new.

I have been using mine for the last 8 years without any problems.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
The regulator on ours failed, plugged with oil? New regulator directly from Weber resolved the problem, now working like new.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
forthefunofit94 wrote:
The burner seems to be done for. I have taken a wire and cleaned the holes, but it still barely has a flame. I did the reset on the regulator. That did not help. Can you get a new burner? I checked Home Depot and they did not carry one.

In less than the time you wasted wandering around Home Depot looking for replacement parts that no big box store carries you could have contacted Weber directly for replacement parts for your Q. How the burner could fail is a mystery to me as it's stainless steel ... perhaps you have a regulator issue.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you look in Webers web site? New parts are readily available.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
forthefunofit94 wrote:
The burner seems to be done for. I have taken a wire and cleaned the holes, but it still barely has a flame. I did the reset on the regulator. That did not help. Can you get a new burner? I checked Home Depot and they did not carry one.

Very strange, shame on home depot, lowes too.

Sears / K-Mart seems to have them, I don't know about in-store but they showed up online.

Weber might send you one for free, I think the burner had a pretty good warranty on it.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

forthefunofit94
Explorer
Explorer
David & Karen Castellon
2015 F150 XLT
EQUAL-I-ZER hitch