cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
T5Bird wrote:
Speaking of Solar... I cut the stakes off of a few solar powered garden lights and added a hanger to the tops. They make great patio lights to hang from the awning, and use no power.

I love this idea, since we boon-dock alot. Thanks!
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
dalilu97: The pit from ABC distributing looks top heavy and tippy. It would make me nervous around kids. Can it lower to the ground?

danglo
Explorer
Explorer
bump

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Still reading-these threads are about the most popular on the forum-look at the number of hits on it.:C
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

Loopy
Explorer
Explorer
A little more expensive? Hahaha.

I can't believe that 2 in 1 firepit and grill is only $29.
Bryan :B and my Parsons Russell Terrier, Melvin :E

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 4D 4WD 5.7L 3.73" Rear End
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Weight Distribution Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
2008 Jayco Jay Flight G2 20BH and Mods:C

dalilu97
Explorer
Explorer
Also found this, more portable and versatile yet and a little more expensive:

Pit-2-Go

Dalilu
1985 23'Searay cuddy cabin
1989 24.5 Jayco TT
1954 DH
๐Ÿ˜‰

dalilu97
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw this and thought it is great. Compact, versatile and adjustable.
ABC Distributing
Dalilu
1985 23'Searay cuddy cabin
1989 24.5 Jayco TT
1954 DH
๐Ÿ˜‰

Spindeepster
Explorer
Explorer
welsteach wrote:
Travelingfools, can you recommend a diameter for poles with reels attached?

I store my rods the same as Travelingfools, and store my fishing reels in my sock drawer....they're safer there. Also, I do not use a tacklebox, but a fishing vest. It holds as much as a tacklebox, and hangs in my closet.

"I didn't plan on getting old, it just happened, and it will happen to you too, if you're lucky".
---Andy Rooney

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
travelingfools wrote:
might have been said before, but here goes...A 4 foot piece of PVC pipe with a cap on one end and a screw top on the other (total of a few bucks from any hardware store) makes a safe storage container for fishing poles..can be made to any length to accomidate any length poles. pays for itself in broken poles and tips in no time !

I use the same approach on a larger scale to store poles for a canopy I put up for flea markets and when I need more covered space. Mine is 6" plastic pipe with a cap on one end and a screw off cap that would be used as a sewage clean out in a house. In my case I have a truck camper with jacks that I added small angle brackets to. I lie the pipe on the brackets and strap it down to the jacks.

Jim...

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Travelingfools, can you recommend a diameter for poles with reels attached?

travelingfools
Explorer
Explorer
might have been said before, but here goes...A 4 foot piece of PVC pipe with a cap on one end and a screw top on the other (total of a few bucks from any hardware store) makes a safe storage container for fishing poles..can be made to any length to accomidate any length poles. pays for itself in broken poles and tips in no time !
'87 MCI 9 bus..just starting conversion..Cant wait till spring !

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of us are still reading this! We can keep this thread going as long as some of us post new ideas!

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

Serena
Explorer
Explorer
I had one of those over-the-door pocket type shoe holders in my stick house. Mine was plastic, but they are sold in canvas as well. I had used it to hold scarves, extra shoelaces, lint brush and such where I could see them all easily when trying to dress.

It had 6 rows of pockets, so I cut it into three two-row sections, and hung them over the edges of the under-bed storage with the pockets facing out. Now I have pockets inside for small things I don't need often, and pockets outside for more shoes, scarves, or whatever. And, I put a dust ruffle on the bed, so the pockets don't show and it all looks neat as a pin. (Turns out the plastic is the better choice because you can see what you have in which pocket without crawling around on the floor.)
Serena

I Know Where I Been, Cuz I Was There When I Went.

rvdudes2
Explorer
Explorer
Yup....we're still reading this too. Keep the hints coming!
2005 Ford F350 Dually, Crew Cab
2009 Fleetwood Terry
2 Parents, 2 Boys, 2 Dogs, and 1 noisy bird