cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

suerover
Explorer
Explorer
Blue painter's tape - wrap it around your hand with the sticky side out and use to pick up lint/dirt/whatever. Wrap it around your foot sticky side out and walk around on your dirty floor.
www.ourtravelswithrover.com
2002 24 RB Born Free/1999 23 RK Born Free

sh4717
Explorer
Explorer
ctpres wrote:
Blue painters tape. We have found more uses than I could ever dream up. Won't leave home without it.

Ok, I'm biting.... ๐Ÿ™‚ Other than painting, what do you use blue painters tape for?
Scott
2019 Northwood Nash 24M
2018 Ram Ecodiesel

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Blue painters tape. We have found more uses than I could ever dream up. Won't leave home without it.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
I may have already posted this. If so, I apologize. I use a coffee urn outside on a table for hot water. Very handy.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

paulb4333
Explorer
Explorer
Add-A-Drawer

The add a drawer is a great idea. However, I never liked the look of the white plastic front since it seemed to always catch my eye.

I took a 3/4" piece of wood, stained it to match the table, cut off the rounded part of the white plastic, and secured it from the top with screws. (Don't cut the entire handle off just the very front part)
The wood fits in the "groove" left, and it now blends in nicely with the table.

This is an easy thing to do....and the DW loves it.
2006 Fleetwood Excursion
39L
350 HP CAT
Spartan Chassis
FJ Cruiser for a Toad

PGR_Skye
Explorer
Explorer
We have a small wall magazine rack mounted right inside the door. It has hooks on the bottom where we can keep our keys, we can hang the furkid's leash over the top rail of it and we have a few handy things in the magazine part of it. Now I know this is nothing new, but at least it will bump the thread up. Have a great week.
Darrell & Madonna
Furkid, GSD Sigfried
2001 Patriot Thunder by Beaver
Jeep Grand Cherokee

jagco
Explorer
Explorer
horseylady wrote:
....Don't bananas have a lot of (natural) sugar but good source of potassium? I'm sure someone on this forum knows.

They definitely have a lot of potassium, which is why I was not allowed to eat them when I was on peritoneal dialysis. I wasn't allowed anything that was high in potassium.
1977 Diamond Class C
(Ford E350, 460)

horseylady
Explorer
Explorer
lasparrot wrote:
csowell wrote:

Eating bananas helps keep pesky mosquitoes & no-see-ums at bay. They make your skin stink to them.

Actually this might be the reverse - my husband eats a bannana every morning - I don't think they are helping - he is great at ATTRACTING mosquitos - I usually don't have to bother with a repellant at all!

I think it might be vitamin B--not sure which one, maybe all--that helps repel insects and also has some antihistamine benefits. Don't bananas have a lot of (natural) sugar but good source of potassium? I'm sure someone on this forum knows.
Pam and Bob
Boon (Jack Russell), Jezzie (Australian Shepherd)
2017 Winnebago View 24V
RVing since 1973 but always learning

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
sanshansean wrote:
So whats the deal? The topic keeps jumping around to whatever? Where are the Moderaters when you need them!

The deal is.....this is a multi topic post......if you are not happy with it, perhaps you should not read or comment about it!
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
paulb4333 wrote:
Found this form as a result of the info here...and it's a good one...

FileOfLife

It's called File of Life, and I don't know if it's the same as the one mentioned, but it looks good.

Thanks for bringing up this important topic!

This one is actually much better than what I was using...THANKS!!!!
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

paulb4333
Explorer
Explorer
sanshansean wrote:
So whats the deal? The topic keeps jumping around to whatever? Where are the Moderaters when you need them!

Check out the title of the forum..It's Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products and Gizmos"
What are you expecting? This isn't a single topic.

I for one am glad for the free exchange of information and this is one of the most useful and informative forums out there.

If you don't like the "jumping around" there are plenty of other forums out there for very specific topics.

In fact, why not start one and deal with whatever you think is missing here? No reason you have to come here and be bothered.

The moderators ARE doing their job and letting this wide open forum be exactly what it is.
2006 Fleetwood Excursion
39L
350 HP CAT
Spartan Chassis
FJ Cruiser for a Toad

sanshansean
Explorer
Explorer

paulb4333
Explorer
Explorer
Found this form as a result of the info here...and it's a good one...

FileOfLife

It's called File of Life, and I don't know if it's the same as the one mentioned, but it looks good.

Thanks for bringing up this important topic!
2006 Fleetwood Excursion
39L
350 HP CAT
Spartan Chassis
FJ Cruiser for a Toad

jagco
Explorer
Explorer
john and terry wrote:
wny_pat wrote:
My son is a full time paramedic. Hate to tell you, but it isn't going to happen, not in the ambulance or the emergency room. You wasted you money. No one is going to plug a unknown thumb drive into their system. They have no idea what is on that thumb drive, and it could take out their system. Have specifically talked to him about this exact subject. He says throw it in the garbage. Sorry!

The greatest majority will gladly risk their computers to get life saving information from a thumb drive. Also, all they have to do is scan the drive with their computer's antivirus program prior to opening the drive. Takes seconds...and simply plugging in the drive will not likely transfer a virus.

Well, john and terry put exactly what I was thinking. I haven't checked with any of the local ones here, but I certainly wouldn't throw the thing away because somebody on the internet says their son said to. You could be in an emergency tomorrow and you're local EMS people may gladly risk their equipment in order to save a life.
1977 Diamond Class C
(Ford E350, 460)

john_and_terry
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
My son is a full time paramedic. Hate to tell you, but it isn't going to happen, not in the ambulance or the emergency room. You wasted you money. No one is going to plug a unknown thumb drive into their system. They have no idea what is on that thumb drive, and it could take out their system. Have specifically talked to him about this exact subject. He says throw it in the garbage. Sorry!

The greatest majority will gladly risk their computers to get life saving information from a thumb drive. Also, all they have to do is scan the drive with their computer's antivirus program prior to opening the drive. Takes seconds...and simply plugging in the drive will not likely transfer a virus.
Full Timing In Our 1996 Winnebago Brave (P30/454)
...Check Out Our Gate Guarding Blog HERE!
TOAD - 2010 Nissan Cube
With 2 Fairly Well Behaved Diggities
Venus And Midnight