cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

Gnarly
Explorer
Explorer
I read the first 22 pages before the storm moved in & I lost my connection. Has anyone mentioned the 18" magnetic tool strips,from Harbor Freight or Ace Hardware,etc.?
They install with one screw on each end,cost from $2-$5 each (depending on strength of magnet).These are great for holding anything metal in place,from a Hocho knife to a church key; even our shortened mop & broom in the tallest closet.
The strongest ones will hold up a 16" chainsaw by the bar;no kidding!

~Gnarly
*~* Pray for Peace,but reload more ammo! *~*

teebee1
Explorer
Explorer
Motorhome outside storage--We turned all latches so that the handles are horizontal when closed and turned all locks so that the keyhole is horizontal when locked. I can now walk down each side of the motorhome and visually check that all latches and locks are in the correct position for travel.
teebee1
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser turbo, convertible
retired and irresponsible

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Had Kilowat laying around house from earlier effort to reduce elec bill. Plugged in outlet in MH to monitor shore and generator power.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
We keep a small piece of the rubber weave shelf liner on the dash of the truck. Seems like we are always throwing something up there (cell phone most of the time) and it keeps it from sliding around. And I know you have to be careful not to have things flying around in the cab.

Jim...

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
The best so far for us is the Oxygenics shower head we installed. It works GREAT!
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

firecapt1
Explorer
Explorer
I think the DW used "Gorilla Super Glue"
Frank, Martha & Ryan
2007 Ford F-250 SD Crew Cab
2006 Cougar 289EFS

Happy Trails to you, until we meet again! :B

bobm253
Explorer
Explorer
wanted to widen my rear bunk beds which measured 34" wide. Twin size was too large at 39" so I bought 3" foam to place along the wall and inside the bottom fitted sheet making the beds 37" wide which made all the difference in the world. and I didn't have to buy new mattresses. Also removed the center dresser which was too high anyway. Used a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood cut to 37 x 75 to enlarge the base.....

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
rondeb wrote:
firecapt1 wrote:
The rubber weave shelf liner is the greatest stuff ever! We not only lined our shelves with it but have glued it onto various items to keep them from slipping. We got ours at Costco (big roll) cheap. When I got the roll I thought we would never use it all, but my DW not only used the first one but we needed to buy another one.:E Good stuff!!

I have tried to glue this stuff and very quickly it comes unglued and starts rolling up or moving.

What kind of glue did you use.

We also got ours at Costco it is great stuff. I have used it for years in our home as well as the trailer.
I have never needed to glue it as it adheres to the smooth shelves naturally.

Don't forget the medicine cabinet as it helps to keep all that small stuff from moving around.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
rondeb wrote:
firecapt1 wrote:
The rubber weave shelf liner is the greatest stuff ever! We not only lined our shelves with it but have glued it onto various items to keep them from slipping. We got ours at Costco (big roll) cheap. When I got the roll I thought we would never use it all, but my DW not only used the first one but we needed to buy another one.:E Good stuff!!

I have tried to glue this stuff and very quickly it comes unglued and starts rolling up or moving.

I use the same stuff but I stapled it in place with a commercial stapler. Of course that was in wood cabinets, I don't know about using it on anything else.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
firecapt1 wrote:

firecapt1
Explorer
Explorer
Frank, Martha & Ryan
2007 Ford F-250 SD Crew Cab
2006 Cougar 289EFS

Happy Trails to you, until we meet again! :B

PGR_Skye
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the rubber coated wire shelving on legs in our 5th wheel for 3 years and haven't had a problem with them yet. I do have the rubber net type shelf liner on the bottem of the cabinets, too, so that would keep them from moving if they were prone to.
Darrell & Madonna
Furkid, GSD Sigfried
2001 Patriot Thunder by Beaver
Jeep Grand Cherokee

teebee1
Explorer
Explorer
Quick connectors on all the water hoses make for fast dry connections when hooking up water. When storing the hoses utilize the quick connects to join the ends of the hoses.

We keep a complete hook-up for an extra faucet at the camp main faucet that includes: the pressure regulator first, then a "T" or "Y" with individual cutoffs, then quick connects. On the side not connected to the house water hose we added about 6 inches of old water hose. It changes the flow from a strong spray to normal water flow.
teebee1
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser turbo, convertible
retired and irresponsible

TreeSeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Drip Tray

Note that the above link doesn't display properly but it does work.

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
welsteach wrote:
I found drip trays at Lowe's this week to use in the short cabinet above our sofa. I like to put can goods and some other food items there, so that I don't have to step onto my dinette to reach stuff (yes, I am short). The drip trays have a small lip on them to keep food where it is supposed to go, but doesn't prevent me from seeing what items I have. They aren't too deep, so they fit just right. I love them. Now it remains to be seen if they move during travel.

Pictures please??
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
08 Honda CRV EXL with Blue OX and US Gear Braking System
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon
I Never Look Back, I'm Not Going That Way!