cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

D-Low
Explorer
Explorer
It wouldn't be to difficult to fashion a free standing unit out of PVC pipe and hang a shower curtain on it and assemble it as needed, or find a way to mount a hoola-hoop to the camper and mount the shower curtain on that. Probably lots cheaper than the manufactured ones.

dboliek1112
Explorer
Explorer
re:portable showers.
Used one, similar to the Cabelas model, on a sailboat for years. Work very well. You can also get them at boating supply stores.
"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." Benjamin Franklin

Dave and Missy Boliek
Roxeanne, Bell and MaggieMoo
2000 Winnebago Chieftain
2007 Saturn Aura

Jerry9n
Explorer
Explorer
Cabelas has a number of portable enclosures. Here is one inexpensive one:

LINK
Jerry9n
2009 23' Cikira Escape EXP
2006 Ford Expedition
Reese Pro Series SC
Tekonsha Primus IQ
HTT Mods

horseylady
Explorer
Explorer
Somebody makes a portable shower enclosure to use with solar showers. You hang them up, as on a tree branch but you could probably rig up another way to hang one. Try camping supplies.
Pam and Bob
Boon (Jack Russell), Jezzie (Australian Shepherd)
2017 Winnebago View 24V
RVing since 1973 but always learning

CoachDad
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking the same thing for our TT too. It would be nice to have an outdoor private shower.

I did see a tent like outdoor shower set up at WalMart last summer for around $30 to $40. Tall enough to stand in but about the size of a phone booth... I may have to get one this year.

darrentonya
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any cheap ideas of how to make a make shift privacy shower outside. When the kids go into the lake to swim they would like to wash the sand off outside but would like some privacy.

HappyTrailsRVin
Explorer
Explorer
bump
Alicia and Roger
Mission, TX (winter)
Travel (summer)
94' Safari Motor Home

ArmySFCRet
Explorer
Explorer
firecapt1 wrote:
TwinPilot,
States map (permanent)

We have the permanent one that TwinPilot posted. Seems to be very fade resistant and gets quite a few comments from fellow RVers. We like ours. Easy to apply and seems to hold up well. On there for almost six years now.

'04 Cross Country 35' w/300 Cummins
'14 Ford Escape on KarKaddy 460SS
'09 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew 5.7 Hemi MDS
'51 & '53 Hudson Hornets 308 6cyl w/

TWIN H-POWER

&
5 lbs of BG the Yorkie
Members of:
Grand Canyon Chapter of Hudson Essex Terraplane Club Inc

firecapt1
Explorer
Explorer
TwinPilot,

Here are two from Camping World:

States map (removable)

States map (permanent)

Can't vouch for either since we don't have one yet.
Frank, Martha & Ryan
2007 Ford F-250 SD Crew Cab
2006 Cougar 289EFS

Happy Trails to you, until we meet again! :B

Twinpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I love some of the ideas here! Looking forward to putting some of them to the test in our new Travel Trailer. Since we just put the deposit down on it, and pick it up in April, I was looking for something for the kids for Valentines day, and what I really want is one of those States Maps that stick on a window, or on the outside of your rig. I think I saw one that was the outlines of the states that had individual state stickers in varying colors that you could stick on for each state you've visited. Sorry...but that was really poorly worded. I'm really trying to find one though for my 4 year old and wife! Thanks guys!
Jeff, MLK (Wife), SLK (4), CEK(1), and Dutch(The Big Brother/Border Collie)

2003 Viking Saga 2206ST (For Sale)
Deposit on 2010 Keystone Passport 2910BH
2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS
2003 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT

AuntSmurf
Explorer
Explorer
I've spent the entire day reading thru this....so many, many great ideas! Some I'm sure DH isn't going to be happy I discovered. :B I'm going to add one for you all.

We're FT'ers. When we started to downsize, I had a bunch of cookbooks, each with one or two recipes that we enjoyed. What I did was to email these recipes to myself, and put them in a file in my hotmail account. This way if we happen to be visiting someone, and I don't have my computer I can still access my recipes. All I have to do is log on to my hotmail account, and WAA-LAA!

sh4717
Explorer
Explorer
That's great! Thanks for the updated pics. Glad you told me about the foil-didn't know they made them like this. I'll be doing this exact mod in the next few weeks.

Scott
Scott
2019 Northwood Nash 24M
2018 Ram Ecodiesel

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
And the other open view This model blind has a foil inner liner to block the light, that's why we chose it.
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the open view, you can see the end and side tracks
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
sh4717 wrote:
I really like the blinds in the skylight idea. How is it attached? Any chance you have a better picture?

Scott
Let me try this without resizing.

It's a Hunter Douglas blind with side tracks. Both ends are permanently attached with screws, the blind slides back and forth on the cords, supported by the side tracks.
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!