cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

Hudsoner
Explorer
Explorer
kelly94942 wrote:
Wife'nHubby wrote:
Okie in Wyoming wrote:
sundancer268 wrote:
EMD360 wrote:
I just purchased a lap/bed tray with removable legs that fits exactly over the sink (without the legs). I'm not sure if it will be useful yet, or just in the way. I really wanted a flip up counter, but I don't have enough room anywhere near the kitchen area to install one.

Where did you get this type of table? Might be interested if the price is not to high. Thank you, Ed

Ditto! Looks exactly like what I have been looking for. As with Ed, my question is: where did you get them?

found here

Thanks! Looks like it is originally an Ikea item - they don't have it at Ikea online, but they do have it in stock at my local Portland Ikea.

Ikea Link

We had the Ikea version. the legs broke out of their plastic holders very fast. We threw the things away after that.

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Crazy ebay, I paid about $6 at the Tempe Ikea for the lap table. They were a "special" item at the checkout area. Ikea is extremely expensive for shipping anyway so if you are close enough to an Ikea in your travels, it is worth it to stop in and see if you can add a gadget or three. They have a gazillion items and the clearance room is always entertaining too.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Oh well, Ikea is about 150 miles from here. If I ever remember to look them up when I go down State, I will be golden. Thanks anyway. Ed
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

Wife_nHubby
Explorer
Explorer
Oops! Sorry, not available online.
Wisconsin - the best place to be!

kelly94942
Explorer
Explorer
Wife'nHubby wrote:
Okie in Wyoming wrote:
sundancer268 wrote:
EMD360 wrote:
I just purchased a lap/bed tray with removable legs that fits exactly over the sink (without the legs). I'm not sure if it will be useful yet, or just in the way. I really wanted a flip up counter, but I don't have enough room anywhere near the kitchen area to install one.

Where did you get this type of table? Might be interested if the price is not to high. Thank you, Ed

Ditto! Looks exactly like what I have been looking for. As with Ed, my question is: where did you get them?

found here

Thanks! Looks like it is originally an Ikea item - they don't have it at Ikea online, but they do have it in stock at my local Portland Ikea.

Ikea Link
Me and wonderful DH
Previous #1: 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 299BHS, 2007 Chevy Tahoe
Previous #2: 2010 Carriage Carri-Lite 36MAX1, 2008 Ford F-450 (full timed for two years)
Current: 2013 Dutchman Kodiak 300BHSL, 2004 Ford Excursion

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
horseylady wrote:
Camping World, and others, have nice wood cutting board type things that you can put over your sink(s). I had two, side by side, in our last rig. Our current RV has recessed covers which you could probably also have cut to fit. I know, it all costs money ๐Ÿ˜ž
My wooden cutting board goes over the stove, and really helps quieten it down when going down the road. My sink came with two pieces of Corianยฎ that match the countertop. If you sink is recessed you could have the local Corian countertop shop make you covers for it.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

Wife_nHubby
Explorer
Explorer
Okie in Wyoming wrote:
sundancer268 wrote:
EMD360 wrote:

found here
Wisconsin - the best place to be!

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
sundancer268 wrote:
EMD360 wrote:

Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
EMD360 wrote:

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
T47: ooh, gotta get me one of those! looks perfect for tailgating with the rv at concerts.
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

kelly94942
Explorer
Explorer
EMD360, where did that photo come from? I actually want something like that WITH legs for dining on the couch or in bed.
Me and wonderful DH
Previous #1: 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 299BHS, 2007 Chevy Tahoe
Previous #2: 2010 Carriage Carri-Lite 36MAX1, 2008 Ford F-450 (full timed for two years)
Current: 2013 Dutchman Kodiak 300BHSL, 2004 Ford Excursion

TOMMY47
Explorer
Explorer
At Walmart, I found a 4 ft folding table with 1/2 heavy duty plastic like you see on most folding tables and the other side a heavy duty metal gridwork for putting your small stove/grill on. Made by Ozark Trail, about $38. I didnt see it on their website and did not see it in other Walmarts.It was at the Howell Michigan store. It was exactly what I was looking for.
Also at Walmart , they have a Rand-Mcnally RV GPS, model 7715, supposedly only sold at Walmart, $299.99. They occasionally show up on ebay and I just (yesterday) got one at a buy it now price, free shipping, of $219.97. Hopefully, it's all that it promises.

horseylady
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World, and others, have nice wood cutting board type things that you can put over your sink(s). I had two, side by side, in our last rig. Our current RV has recessed covers which you could probably also have cut to fit. I know, it all costs money ๐Ÿ˜ž
Pam and Bob
Boon (Jack Russell), Jezzie (Australian Shepherd)
2017 Winnebago View 24V
RVing since 1973 but always learning

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

atomlinson
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at this bug-a-salt that has been on a couple of threads lately. Looks kinda fun! www.bugasalt.com
Andy
2012 Keystone Outback 280RS
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 6.0