cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
test

Trying to post an idea but it seems any more than a few words I get "page can't be displayed". Anyone know why?

Community Alumni
Not applicable
vgoulette wrote:
LTCLarry wrote:
I just did the "sewer hose" modification. I used a 4.75" ABS fence post cut to the same size as the bumper. I painted it black and attached it to the bottom side of the bumper. I didn't want to drill holes in the bumper to use the plumber strapping so I attached it using 6 heavy duty zip ties. I did drill a number of holes in the bottom side of the fence post. Am headed to AZ from NC a week from today. We'll see how the thing holds up.

Basically, this is what DH did (left it white to match our bumper, though), and traveling home from vacation last month, took a driveway steeper than he thought, and ripped the bumper loose from the 5er because the stinky slinky holder hung down further than the driveway allowed!! NOT a pretty sight, and now in the shop to repair, along with repairs from three blowouts in a 24 hour period.

Just watch out for those steep driveways!!

Vickie

I saw a rig last week that had caster wheels on the underside of the back bumper. He said they keep him from bottoming out his rig on steeper inclines. Not sure if this would add a pressure point on the frame and bend it. I just thought it was interesting.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^I think we all knew that, just joshing a bit. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
LED license plate lights take VERY little power, install quickly just about anywhere and make great night lights, door step lights, or reading lights, amongst a BUNCH of other uses.

Did I mention they're cheap and don't need batteries?

Ok, I'm intrigued. No batteries? Are they solar? Do you have a link?

A license plate light would operate on the 12vdc system of the RV just like they operate on the 12vdc system of a vehicle.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah, I'm very interested in lights that don't need batteries. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
LED license plate lights take VERY little power, install quickly just about anywhere and make great night lights, door step lights, or reading lights, amongst a BUNCH of other uses.

Ok, I'm intrigued. No batteries? Are they solar? Do you have a link?

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III

Glamping
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this on the "Cool Mods" topic, but maybe this is a better place ...

Our 2017 Bullet was definitely designed for someone taller (at 5'2" that doesn't take much though). One inconvenient feature was the bathroom fan switch. I couldn't operate it without stepping into the shower or onto a stool outside the shower door. DH installed a 12 volt remote switch which solves the problem beautifully. It won't open the vent, but since the fan is directly over the shower, we can open the vent manually when we are camping and not have to worry about rain. Well, that's the theory.

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
GizmosMom wrote:
I always thought this thread would make a great "sticky." I have asked a couple of times but the moderators didn't agree. I didn't know it was on Pinterest!

Just got to keep bumping it.
C'mon folks, only 345 pages? There's got to be lots more great tips out there. Let's hear them!

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
I always thought this thread would make a great "sticky." I have asked a couple of times but the moderators didn't agree. I didn't know it was on Pinterest!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

JeanetteG
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the great ideas! I'm always looking ways to organize and keep things less work and more fun! I found the link for this on Pinterest but took me forever to find it here.

Bayerlake
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the great idea if a motion activated light!!
Diana
Northern Wisconsin

phays
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a motion sensitive light I use from Ikea. Use them in my closet and even mount one by the door outside. Used 3M Command strip to mount bracket on outside and try to remember to remove the light before I travel. Sometimes I forget and the light is still there when I arrive at my next stop and sometimes it isn't. But at $6 I have several in reserve.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
popeye59 wrote:

Where did you get that from?

Don't really remember as it was in there for 8 years. I'd look for them on Ebay, Amazon, or Walmart and see what fits. Lots of different stick on units. Ours had a removeable flashlight that sat in a cradle.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
popeye59 wrote:
dalenoel wrote:
Our old TT had a corner sink and was very dark under there. A motion activated light under the sink when on whenever we opened the door. Went out shortly after being shut and the batteries lasted the entire season.

Where did you get that from?

The one I use is This One very handy and I have a lot of them.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C