cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'm a newbie. HELP ME.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Back story: This is our 5th trailer. We have been Rving for over 25 years.

Oregon Coast, pouring rain. Backed into our site, leveled side to side, chocked wheels, un-hitched from the truck, leveled front to back, put down stabilizers, plugged in electricity, hooked up water, put out awningโ€ฆ.started the slide out and realized we were TOO CLOSE TO A TREE!!

Had to completely reverse the process and re-hitch to the truck to move the trailer 6 inches back.

Got all set up again, and put the slide room out. Realized we were in the WRONG SITE!!! Had to move one site over.

Yes indeed, this newbie, provided lots of entertainment to our immediate neighbors.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro
18 REPLIES 18

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Can't delete a dual post?
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Practice, practice, practice but not all in the same day.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Camping_Woody
Explorer
Explorer
If you have watched the movie "RV" with Robin Williams, you will recognize it is a documentary, not a comedy!

Years ago, with a brand new class c MH on vacation, the black tank wouldn't drain. I poked sticks up the hole, bought a snake to run through it, and even stuck my arm down the hole. No luck...until I felt something move while using the snake. While looking up the hose, I poked more energetically with the snake. Out pops a circular plastic disc from when they cut the hole for the tank inlet...followed by a full black tank's worth of "material"! I got it into the sewer hole, but not until I got a good dose of it. Needless to say, I used the outdoor shower to clean up followed by a change of clothes.

I'm a little smarter now.

firemedic08
Explorer
Explorer
donkeydew wrote:
one more and you will be banished to the east coast.

And Just what is wrong with the east coast? lol
Donnie
1994 Chevy 2500 Extended cab
1987 28 ft travel villa 5th wheel.

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
I had similar experience early on. Backed into site and set up, too far back, cord wouldn't reach. Hooked back up to move forward a few feet, Cord reached fine. Got all set up and no power. Got hooked back up and went to office to get a new site. Office said did you click the breaker on the pole to the on position !!! Duh !!!

On a 95 degree day with sweat dripping down my face it wasn't too funny, but now I chalk it up to experience and let the wife hook up the electric check the breaker before I ever unhook. Boy, camping can be a lot of work !!!
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

KCFDCapt
Explorer
Explorer
I do a lot of reading, but little posting here on this forum.. I read complaint after complaint, hear from the thread nazi "Do a search!!!". It is refreshing to share a chuckle with many of you.

Thanks so much for making my day much brighter by allowing me to see myself in your post.

ams1130
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the giggle! Not funny to you at the time, I'm sure.
Ford F150
2014 KZ Sportsmen S242SBH

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
This is our 5th trailer. We have been Rving for over 25 years.

Yes indeed, this newbie

Some of us are slow learners.
And I do mean *us*

๐Ÿ™‚

WackAway
Explorer
Explorer
That's ok. I still continue to install free water pressure regulators at every campsite I go to. I've got a fresh amazon package sitting right here for the next spot. ๐Ÿ™‚
Todd & Victri
"Looking for the perfect spot and points in-between"
2017 Ford F350 Lariat Super Duty 4x4
2017 KZ Durango Gold G380FLF 40ft
800W Solar | Morningstar TS-MPPT-60 | Aims 3000W Inverter Charger

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Awww. Humorous cause it was'nt me. I have made some mistakes similar.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Ummmm, I know it's a little late now, but, couldn't you have moved the number sign on the lot entrance?;)

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
BT,DT got the tee shirt to prove it. Now all you need to do is put blocks under the high side instead of the low side.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Keep trying there friend! Maybe in another 25 years you'll finally figure it out!:h

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:

Got all set up again, and put the slide room out. Realized we were in the WRONG SITE!!! Had to move one site over.

At least you admit it.
There is something special about camping in an RV.