cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If I won the mega-millions lottery I would...

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Just the part your going to spend on your RV lifestyle.

I would buy a brand new luxory Class B, with all the bells and whisles, close up the house and be gone.
43 REPLIES 43

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I love the idea of giving to Charity also and would love to build those tiny homes for the homeless.

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
Dx3 RV wow

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We would give money to charity and help family out. Our big dream would be to build an Alaska style house on the bluffs above the Cook InLet near Homer, AK and buy a nicely equipped Class C with a Jeep tow for our summer travels. We would also have a full body paint and a different roof coating put on our current 5th wheel. Nothing wrong with the current roof/fiberglass. Just thinking preventative maintenance.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

GrumpyGator
Explorer
Explorer
Newell... that's for me.

Buy a rural piece of land and build state-of-the-art kennels, and hire a full-time vet and other staff to run the best dog and cat rescue facility in the country. They deserve something nice.
2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
A Chauffeur.

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
RV related:
1. Nicest, custom Class A I can find.
2. Loaded but small Class C for National Parks and other places that require a smaller footprint.
3. Volunteer for disaster relief agencies where my ability to live self-contained would be a plus as I help.
4. OK, non-RV: I would buy a condo in Tahoe because Tahoe isn't build for RVing, particularly ski season.

OK, #2 and #3 are the real retirement plans and saving accordingly. #1 is a dream if the market has a good decade.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
... not have to browse these forums for tips on how to repair/improve my rig. Someone else would be doing the fixing!
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
  1. Retire immediately
  2. Give the RV to the kids
  3. Build a house on the ocean in both Florida and Cape Cod
  4. Change my phone number
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

manualman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Custom Sportsmobile van setup to optimize road trip comfort for my family of 5: small fridge, small bathroom, comfy seats, pop top for rest area headroom and plenty of tow capacity. We'd keep the popup camper we already have, but I admit that I might break down and put AC on it.

The van would be primarily setup for family driving comfort, not sleeping. That's what the pup is for and we like it. I'd prefer to keep incognito and not have everybody KNOW that I won it. Then we can just keep all the great stuff in our life and have more time for it!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
After addressing a bunch of other higher priorities with the money first ... cost being no object ... I'd custom order the smallest, most comfortable to ride in and camp in, best equipped, easiest to find service for, go-anywhere-anytime expedition class RV I could find. ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would scrap my RV (thinking donate, but they have no real value to the receiver) and hire coach service with driver and full time guide/interpreter everywhere I wanted to travel.

I would might use charter services for international travel in those places where first class has disappeared. Or long-term, round the world cruising has an appeal, on those lines that offer nice suites and high levels of service.

The kind of wealth you are talking about, I think buying a $4,000,000 RV to drive it around the country myself would be short sighted. Megamillion lottery winnings put one in an income class where it is possible to hire people to take care of you, and by so employing them, you share the wealth and put the money back into the economy. It just feels better to me to do than than try to accumulate expensive toys that just depreciate and have to be junked eventually.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
1) Go ahead and retire a few years earlier

2) order the Class A I want -- 35-36 ft with a few extra options beyond the one I plan to buy in 3-4 years.

3) buy my DD a nice class B to make traveling with DGD to visit easier

4) buy my DS a class B (if he is interested) and help him finish training to be a river guide/aquatics guy all the time.

5) help my brother and sister in law with a cabin on family farm

6) travel using family farm as home base, just as I am planning in a few years. this would allow me freedom to not need to host to manage campground fees, but I still probably would volunteer, because it is just part of who I am.

7) by not waiting to travel, I could take my mom with me now... not sure she will be up to it, when I can finally get away. I hope to take her to see some of the things she and my dad didn't get to see before his health got too bad
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
Tvov wrote:
As to winning the lottery only pertaining to RV / camping...

I like my truck, but buy a new one that is exactly how I want it. No settling for a different color or interior materials.

Probably stick with a new TT... I have no problem towing, and like having the truck. May look into a 5th. Might be crazy and pay someone else to wash and wax it...

Camp MORE! Really travel the country. The USA is huge. Get to all those places I read about here in the forums - and be able to spend the time to explore them.

Look into RV'ing in England / Europe / Australia. Or that might be more appropriately called "caravaning" there?

I have always been curious about a "traditional" African safari type trip - huge tents, silverware at dinner time, that type of thing.

Who knows? If I win, I promise I'll give everyone here an update!

It would a RV tour here. Caravans are Travel Trailers, but the term Travel Trailers, gives the impression here of transporting, goods or livestock as well. Taking a group of Mothomes to a destination would be a "Convoy"

Excellent! So Robert, I'll give you a call to meet up when I visit Australia after I win?

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
As to winning the lottery only pertaining to RV / camping...

I like my truck, but buy a new one that is exactly how I want it. No settling for a different color or interior materials.

Probably stick with a new TT... I have no problem towing, and like having the truck. May look into a 5th. Might be crazy and pay someone else to wash and wax it...

Camp MORE! Really travel the country. The USA is huge. Get to all those places I read about here in the forums - and be able to spend the time to explore them.

Look into RV'ing in England / Europe / Australia. Or that might be more appropriately called "caravaning" there?

I have always been curious about a "traditional" African safari type trip - huge tents, silverware at dinner time, that type of thing.

Who knows? If I win, I promise I'll give everyone here an update!

It would a RV tour here. Caravans are Travel Trailers, but the term Travel Trailers, gives the impression here of transporting, goods or livestock as well. Taking a group of Mothomes to a destination would be a "Convoy"