cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
We are 18 miles south of you, just outside Three Rivers. Been here on site since the 2nd week of Oct and supposed to be here till mid March. Hopefully, Jamie will have another long term gate for us in March.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

coolbikeman1
Explorer
Explorer
mdbass wrote:
Well we finally fenageled a couple of days off. We worked it into a rig move. Funny how some things get your attention-the DW remarked that it had been a long time since we had been in a car together (-: It was good to get away and not have to worry about the $%^%@# bell going off. What's everyone do for Thanksgiving? And do we get paid on Wednesday??

Hello,

Where are you at for gate guarding? Just like to look up on a map all the areas everyone is at to get a general idea how large an area the gate guarding covers. My wife and I were out for about 4 days for our first taste of gate guarding. It was extremely busy as they were going in and out everyday to move the drilling rig. Conoco/Phillips was the company. They didn't provide guards for the fracking process, so we left after 4 days. Waiting at Whitsett for another, hopefully longer assignment. We are the only ones here right now. We are working for Gate Guard Services LP. Would like to know who everyone is working for and their experiences good and bad with the company.

Thanks

Terry & Willa

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Well we finally fenageled a couple of days off. We worked it into a rig move. Funny how some things get your attention-the DW remarked that it had been a long time since we had been in a car together (-: It was good to get away and not have to worry about the $%^%@# bell going off. What's everyone do for Thanksgiving? And do we get paid on Wednesday??
Mark Bass

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
We are in New Baden, TX. I think this is the Barnett Shale.
We will be here for another few weeks. Only have one well on site. We were first moved close to the rig and within 4 hrs i had black on my face and my socks looked black, instead of white. Then rig boss told us we had to move back to the last gate. I would love to get together with other guards sometime. We have spend most of our time around Gonzales, Tx. Guess they needed a guard here, so off we went. I'll bet it will be colder up here. We came back to work Aug 29th and i can tell you it was way to hot for about 5 weeks. I am thinking their yard is in Henderson, and not much on hookups. Please keep on posting that is the only way we can stay connected while working.
Betty

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
Don/Shar wrote:

Company tonite. We are at a gate south of Cotulla on a hunting ranch. We have seen this guy three times. Tonite he came right up to our motorhome.

OMG..that is a beautiful sight to see!!

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
We moved to a new location Fri and all weekend we heard the hunters shooting around us. I just hope no stray bullets head our way. We didn't have hunting around us last year. We were on Bert's(GGS owner) ranch for a well. Guess there was no hunting close to us.

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer

Company tonite. We are at a gate south of Cotulla on a hunting ranch. We have seen this guy three times. Tonite he came right up to our motorhome.
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
wingerphil wrote:
blondie girl wrote:
From what I've heard this last week, a few of the companies are slowing down until the first of the year, so there may be fewer gates for a couple of months.

We have also heard of several sites closing due to hunting season and will reopen when the season ends.
That is mainly on "hunting" ranches, like the Y-O in the hill country and that is written into the lease. They can make as much during a hunt season as they do from oil royalties, and they don't want anyone on the lease creating a problem. What is funny, is that some of these "hunting" ranches actually have gate guards during the hunting season, that they hire on their own. We worked a hunting ranch gate during the season, back in 07 and his rates then were $2000 to $5000 a day per hunter. We hear the locals hunting around us most every evening and all day on Sat....bang, bang, bang..:B

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.

wingerphil
Explorer
Explorer
blondie girl wrote:
From what I've heard this last week, a few of the companies are slowing down until the first of the year, so there may be fewer gates for a couple of months.

We have also heard of several sites closing due to hunting season and will reopen when the season ends.
Phil
Our Blog
2002 Winnebago Journey
2007 Dodge Dakota "Toad"
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Blondie Girl wrote:
Don/Shar wrote:
Last night we got to enjoy another of the benefits of gate attening. We have gotten coffee, cookies, oranges, gum, and pop. Last night we got to enjoy a catered dinner.

Last week we had a Frac job going on in our gate site. They catered food twice a day for 5 days..our fridg is full!! 1 rig meal = 3 regular meals.

Hasn't happened often here-but the food has been good. The best has been a catfish and shrimp fry!
Mark Bass

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
navyAZ1 wrote:
I'm sort of surprised to here that there are so many folks waiting for gates. The manager we had with GGS called us about 1 month ago asking when we were coming out said he needed us. However, we have stopped full timing and have purchased a home in N. GA and won't be going out this fall, plan on going back out to work after the first of the year. Y'all stay safe out there!

Ron
There aren't Rich, they go out as fast as they arrive. We had 10+ go out in one day. People are afraid that the job may not be there for them, so they are throwing out some misinformation. We have friends arriving 12/1 and the office told them to come on down, they had a job for them.

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
Don/Shar wrote:
Last night we got to enjoy another of the benefits of gate attening. We have gotten coffee, cookies, oranges, gum, and pop. Last night we got to enjoy a catered dinner.

Last week we had a Frac job going on in our gate site. They catered food twice a day for 5 days..our fridg is full!! 1 rig meal = 3 regular meals.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
navyAZ1 wrote:
I'm sort of surprised to here that there are so many folks waiting for gates. The manager we had with GGS called us about 1 month ago asking when we were coming out said he needed us. However, we have stopped full timing and have purchased a home in N. GA and won't be going out this fall, plan on going back out to work after the first of the year. Y'all stay safe out there!

Ron
There aren't Rich, they go out as fast as they arrive. We had 10+ go out in one day. People are afraid that the job may not be there for them, so they are throwing out some misinformation. We have friends arriving 12/1 and the office told them to come on down, they had a job for them.

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

navyAZ1
Explorer
Explorer

Ron
2015 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
2014 Big Country 3650RL by Heartland
Retired USN
Wonderful Wife of many years Ann
Camping friend Chihuaha/Mini Pincher Mix (Named Lula & Emily)