cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

gatekeepers
Explorer
Explorer
the new contract is our reason too. the pay cut is bad but the contract is way out of line. i wish i could say that the number of gate gaurds leaving loma would help them see the wrong they are doing. but i know that it will not. loma is a hopeless case. our 20k cat gen has had one oil change in 4 months, and is typical of loma's over all business practices

rhianna
Explorer
Explorer
Gatekeeper; We finally left the gate. The reasons we left are twofold. The dust was killing us. We were positioned just 20' from a dirt road that was the route to at least 4 other wells and the dust was so bad that we were having a hard time breathing. We were offered (a week after we turned in our notice) another site that was not as dusty, but we refused. The second reason we left is also the reason we refused the move. We could not sign the new agreement which stated that we would be responsible for the extra cost uncured if we were to leave (quit or fired). If LOMA had difficulty finding a replacement and had to hire a day person and a night person at an hourly wage until a permanent replacement was found, we would be liable for the extra cost. And although we like the idea of workmans comp, the cost was ambiguous and I'm not even sure it is required by law. We just had to accept their amount and their justification for it.

gatekeepers
Explorer
Explorer
i have read all 112 pages !!!!!!!
rhianna

i tried to pm but thats a no go

why are you leaving loma. we are too.

loydstuts
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you understand what they expect you to provide. Not all companies expet you to provide as much..

waywardwinds
Explorer
Explorer
we got a call from time keepers yesterday. they want us to come down and get the papper work done 1st week of jan. we can come do the papper work but we can't start till the end of the month i hope thats not a problem for them. it will be our first full time rv job. any advice for us you? yes i have read all 111 pages of this blog

the wayward winds
john and carol
and one ugly lab

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
:B Just thought I would say that on HWY 468 there has sure been a lot of FRAC and Drilling units going one way or the other. So there has to be new drilling and Fracing. Understand there are new gates all the time and some shortage of guards.

Service has been top notch this Fall for me and get paid on time!!!

LOMA has a few gates on Hwy 468 between Cotulla and Big Wells. Gate Guards LLC also have several sites and many other areas for both. Not aware of any other Co in this area. Seems there is a big pipeline going in South of 468 and they need GG also.

So check out the companies and get to work!!!!:C
RUBY 2, 04' Born Free 24RB
37 CKSLS Cameo by Carriage
'08 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.4Diesel
4.88 Gears AT, SCTLivewire
B&W Companion hitch
I'm a BSG'er!! Only 3 RULES:
Have a "B", Had a "B", or Want a "B"!!

mimi55
Explorer
Explorer
Any info on Primo.? Can PM if you prefer.

Thanks

mimi55
Explorer
Explorer
Notice to loma. Can u pm me with info. Why leaving. Where u r located. Is this a difficult gate.

mickhold
Explorer
Explorer
We are talking about gate guarding oil drilling sites in south Texas. Several Gate Guard Companies are looking for couples with RV's to check in/out people/trucks etc. It is a 24/7 day job. Good pay for the hours worked.

Kilgorehorn
Explorer
Explorer
"What are you folks talking about? Gates? Workamping?"
Go back to page one and start reading.
2000 Gulfstream Scenicruiser 39'
2011 Ford Flex
1946 DH
1952 DW
2008 Yorkie

Baby_Mo
Explorer
Explorer
What are you folks talking about? Gates? Workamping?

rhianna
Explorer
Explorer
We put in our notice to leave with Loma last Friday and they still haven't found anyone to replace us. Must be low on help.

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
Mfar1234 wrote:
How we doing folks --- everybody busy and have a gate now? Openings?

Don't know about everyone else but I was at the GGS yrad last Thursday and his yard was absolutely empty. Roger said he needed help.
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

Mfar1234
Explorer
Explorer
How we doing folks --- everybody busy and have a gate now? Openings?
:C
Mfar1234
40' 2002 Alpine Coach, 400 ISL Cummings/3000 6sd Allison
2006 Dodge Ram 4x4
Brodie - Lab Mix and Baylee - Border Collie

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Mfar1234 wrote:
Still stacked up? Looking to head that way before x-mas....

I would call ahead and make sure a gate is available. Rumor has it that things might pick up after New Years.
Mark Bass